PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Open Discussion: Rules Review & Changes

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Re: Open Discussion: Rules Review & Changes

Post#11 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:55 pm

For the most part I agree with a lot of Kiff's edits to the rules with only a few exceptions such as the war rules.

I think rules of war are still good to keep in, as on occasion I imagine two or more tribes would like to engage with each other in a manner outside the rules, whether it's for fun, or because they are pissed at each other and want to bloody each other up. If they want to, let them I say, and there needs to be an outlet to allow that such as proof they have agreed to those conditions such as on the forum.

I'd have to cut-paste the rules like Kiff to go through them in more detail though lol

Silversage
Dino Tamer
Tribe: House Stark

Post#12 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:47 pm

Turrets are permitted to be on high range & no warnings on weekends only, and must have warnings on weekdays.

Remove, your base...should be able to have turrets on what ever you see fit. People should not be close enough to get hit.

6 Tribe limit can be a little high even, Considering most have 2-3, then you get the few with 6 that have it ezimode.

Plus All of kiffs edits seem fine.

T3aSpoon
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Bronies

Post#13 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:12 pm

I think the only rules that we need is a caging limit, harassment rules and leave players under lvl 20 alone. that's it.

And a set wipe date every 2-3 months so everyone knows in advanced, with the last week no base protection.

Oh and cross ark transfers :P

People take this game way too seriously. If a dino dies, it dies.
Its your responsibility to keep your stuff and dinos safe, passive or not.
With a firm wipe schedule, people may be less sensitive about their stuff, and try and enjoy the game a bit more.
Last edited by T3aSpoon on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#14 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:29 pm

T3aSpoon wrote:
Oh and cross ark transfers :P

This so much this!

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#15 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Sorry to double post but this is important. Munki we need the Minigun turret back on the center. How else are you realistically supposed to take out a 50K health quetz with 600 movement speed, the stacking mod makes force feeding way too easy.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#16 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Ragnarok wrote:Sorry to double post but this is important. Munki we need the Minigun turret back on the center. How else are you realistically supposed to take out a 50K health quetz with 600 movement speed, the stacking mod makes force feeding way too easy.

Done.

should i make double-posting against the rules? LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#17 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:29 pm

KISS principle:

(1) Increase taming speed to 10x (possibly breeding speeds to match) to replace passives that get killed.
(2) Solo server only - no tribes
(3) ORP2 in place (keep S+)
(4) Firm caging and bullying (verbal and gameplay) rule, the one and only rule. No other rules.
(5) Poop and egg collector mod

Quite simply, ORP2 is enough of a safety blanket. 'Solo only' prevents the alpha factor and caging/bullying really is the main issue (possibly foundation bombing as well).

...I snuck in the poop and egg collector mod 'cause I like it...

Brettis
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Christie Sims Fanclub

Post#18 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:15 am

I'm gonna go ahead and do what kiff did in regards to my opinion on rules.

No cheating: This includes hacks, glitches, scripts, whatever else that is unfair. Good

Accounts: Only one forum account per user. No offensive names. Players cannot "impersonate" other tribes or players, if there is confusion its up to the player to publicly correct the problem in game chat. Good

Kill on Sight:
You are allowed to kill another player without first directly interacting with them, this allows people to snipe/trap and PvP at long distance to allow new players to get gear from higher level players. Good

You must not PvP with players below level 15, unless they engage first. Good

Players below level 15 must not attack other players below level 15 unless they agree in public chat. Good
Dinos inside a base are OFFLIMITS (refer to raid rules), If a base has yet to put up walls, and dinos are outside, they are not to be touched within 50 steps of original structure . Good
You may kill another tribes dinos if they are in or near your base (within 20 steps) even if they are on passive, its up the the other tribe to secure their dinos. (its recommended you contact the tribe first before killing as this may start a war/raid on your tribe) Good

Tribe Limits: Tribes must NOT have more than 6 members in their tribe, as too many members will skew player power and resources, you may have as many tribe alliances as you wish but cannot use alliances to skirt the Tribe max... e.g build your bases all together in 1 big compound, and must act independently,.. e.g 1 tribe leader telling the other tribe what to do.. Good

Tribe warfare:
If you are at war with a Tribe, you are required to state it on the forum, and give them 24hours before actioning the war, and include rules of engagement (the other tribe must accept the Rules of Engagement before they can be followed).
If a tribe wants to surrender they must pay tribute (resources/dinos...) to end the war if the war has gone on for more than 30 days (KoS, raiding... must end); Admin can be requested to approve tribute.
Tribute must be achievable E.g no demanding a 180 level dino when the player doesnt have the ability to tame one...or ask for a million ingots) tribute cannot be weapons (e.g C4, Rockets...)
War cannot go on longer than 4 weeks, and there must be a 4 week gap before declaring war again.
If a tribe declares war, this supersedes the harassment rule (if war interferes with player gameplay, war maybe rescinded by the admin, contact admin to discuss) Irrelevant, if you want to be at 'war', raid them on the weekend and kos them whenever you see them.

Tribe Names: You shall not change your tribe name, if you require the name to be changed you are required to get approval from the admin, due to raiders changing their names while raiding to hide who was causing it, any unauthorised changes will result in a permaban! You cannot change your tribe name more than once within a 7day period, or twice within a 30day period.
Your tribe name cannot be offensive or contain swear or vulgar terms, this is a game (with kids who play) and those who dont take it seriously should go elsewhere, if you are unsure on the classification of your tribe name, contact DrunkMunki. Good

Player Names: Your player name cannot be something with derogatory terms, swear words ... this indicates you dont take this game seriously and are just here to troll ... if the admin feels the name is offensive it will be changed or a new survivor will need to be created (player stats may be restored depending on player attitude).
Players shall not advertise using their player name or tribe name, this includes YouTube or twitch addresses. Good

Hostages: Hostages are not to be tranq'd more than 50% (max 1hr) of the time, and a hostage is to be only taken for up-to 2 hours then must be released, once the 2 hours has expired, you are not permitted to take the same hostage for at-least 48 hours (but can be killed).
Once you have a Hostage (restricted on leaving area (Cage, weight, handcuffs...)) you are required to announce "_____ is now a hostage".. for example DrunkMunki is now a hostage..... this creates a public record of when the timer starts, failure to do this can result in a ban or player choosing any of your dinos as compensation if the timer goes beyond 2hrs. Good

Sleeping: If a player is asleep you are allowed to kill or steal from them, as its their responsibility to find a safe and secure location. You can kill any level player that's sleeping (yes even levels below 15) Shouldn't even be a rule or should come under kos

Base Attack/Raid Rules: The purpose of a raid is to steal supplies and information, not to take over a base or cause great harm. To this end when performing a raid the following rules are in effect:
You may only harm creatures, players, or turrets which are a direct threat to you (ie. Currently attacking you). Good

if you die during a raid, you cannot return from your original base (spawning using a sleeping bag/bed close [within render distance] to the raid site is allowed, you can then continue raiding), or if you run out of resources, you may not come back to the raid site (you must come prepared). Bad

If you wish to engage in PvP you must wait 2 hours after the raid but must not attempt another raid (e.g go into the base but can take items off the player). This is fine

You may bring other players into the raid with more resources, but they must not have been part of the raid, e.g tribe mate logs in at base, and comes to where you are raiding with resources. Bad/Irrelevant

You may not turn dinos into shields to protect your base (e.g surrounding your base and putting on passive to prevent raiding). If you do this, that dino will be considered collateral damage and void of protection by these rules. Good

When attacking a base during a raid you may only cause the smallest amount of damage possible to get at what you need. This means using the correct tool for the job, minimising any collateral damage and generally trying to do the least amount of damage possible. Please note there may be collateral damage around Vaults, as this is unavoidable its not classified as excessive damage. Good in the sense of not razing an entire base to grief, but comes with a lot of variation in what is actually 'excessive damage' when theres turrets etc

If players are awake in the base KoS rules apply, but player must be allowed to leave area if they wish to escape the raid and not PvP, player must not return for at-least 1 hour (this allows the player to continue playing the game) Bad/Irrelevant

Turrets are permitted to be on high range & no warnings on weekends only, and must have warnings on weekdays. Good

Raid must not last longer than 4 hours (this is plenty of time to get what you need and leave), and if you leave render distance from the base, you shall not return as this distance it the boundary of the raid. 4 hour (I would prefer maybe 6 hours) raid timer is fine, Leaving the render distance and the raid being over is dumb.

If you are raiding and your bed doesn't work, and cannot respawn at the location, you have up to 15mins for another player to place a bed otherwise you forfeit in being part/continuing the raid and must not return. Bad/Irrelevant

When raiding, you can move the other tribes tamed dinos out of the way (so they don’t die), but cannot be used to block any defences, relocated dinos must be in a safe location that cannot be harmed by wild dinos. Good

You CANNOT raid the same tribes base twice within 9 days. Good

If you are raided by more than 1 tribe at the same time, same rules above applies; even if the raid failed.

If the tribe being raided brings in allies, those allies are bound by the same rules as the raiders; if the allies leave render range they too cannot return until the raid is finished (come prepared), they can use beds to spawn within the render area, but not if they died outside render range.
If a player from the tribe being raided dies outside render range and cant spawn in their base, they are allowed to rejoin the base using spawn locations, as they have a right to defend their base, but cannot use materials or dinos from allies (be naked).
If a tribe has multiple bases (not including outposts), each base can be raided only once that weekend, same structure cannot be re-raided until after 9 days.
A base being open (doors open...) doesn't exclude it from any damage, it may allow easy of access but other factors (a trap, hidden explosives, hidden turrets...) may result in damage to items within the structure.
If a raid is complete/failed and the raiders are trying to remove their raid base and PvP is initiated, this voids the non-PvP 2hrs rule and have the right to defend in PvP only until they have left the area (screenshots/video required if defenders attack), Raiders must then leave the area and not return until after the 2hours PvP rule, after this 2hours rule they can then attempt to dismantle the base or re-engage in PvP. Bad/Irrelevant

So bottom line for raiding, I think that once you start a raid you have 4 (as I said i'd probably prefer 6 hours, sometimes things like draining turrets etc can take a long time) you should just have that amount of time till your raid is over. Sometimes you need to move out of render distance, say a quetz/wyvern just swooped in picked the next doed/turtle etc u were going to turret drain with and flys off with it, you need to chase and get it back. Imo there should be 0 rules on leaving render distance and its just a really dumb rule to me. I think it should just be a set amount of time from start to finish, with a minimal structure damage rule, a no passive killing rule (also specify that using a dino to fight then getting off and its on passive doesn't instantly give it immunity and it will still get killed)

Excessive Damage:
Excessive Damage Definition: If a large portion of you base has been damaged; this varies from type of material (thatch, stone, metal) as stone bases will have more splash damage than metal, this definition will refer to metal bases as wood/stone bases require minimal effort to gain entry..
Excessive damage is fluid, and based on your base design, dont build everything so compact people need to destroy your whole base to get into something.
Excessive damage is for building structures only, does not include S+ tools such as smithy's, forges, storage (which auto lock)....
Damaging S+ tools must not be excessive where surrounding objects are obliterated (e.g using a rocket to destroy a smithy will damage surrounding objects and is not acceptable, use C4), this only applies to locked items, as there would be no need to destroy on open object.
See below for comparisons
damage.jpg
damage.jpg (99.88 KiB) Viewed 803 times

I like having an excessive damage rule, its just sometimes hard to actually know whats excessive and what isn't I guess.

Dino Restrictions:
You must not encase a dino in structures (dino's that use platforms); due to base protection, this would make dino's invulnerable and waste ammo from turrets, you cannot build more than 2 structure levels below the saddle..
You must not have automated turrets (powered or plant x) on dino platforms; as this would violate server rules when a turrets attacks a passive dino, turrets are permitted on boats with highest setting.
You may have structures on dinos to use for taming. Personally I'm against dino encasing but it's not a huge deal. I agree with the no auto turrets though

Harassment/Griefing Rules: To keep a sense of fair play and fun for all involved some rules are in place to stop harassment of players. The Aggressor cannot target a singular tribe repeatedly (e.g 2 weekends in a row are attacked).
You must not repeatedly target a single player when they respawn, e.g camping at their front door and killing them repeatedly as soon as they come out, griefing is considered repeatedly harassing/killing someone over a 1 hour period, you must allow the player to leave their base (building or if they have walls they must pass their walls to be in the wild).
If a tribe, group, or individual is found to be constantly attacking then action will be taken. Please refer to viewtopic.php?f=4&t=87 for more harassment information. Good

Volcano/Mountain: (TheIsland Map)
Volcano at 42 (lat) / 39 (long) is off-limits for building, it can only be used for resource collection.
PVP is not permitted inside the crater.
You can build a mining outpost at the base of the mountain but not on the sides (or use a quetz for a mobile base).
Dinos cannot be left at the mountain (must not be left alone for more than an hour). Good

Mining/Outposts:
Mining or other buildings used for tasks such as taming or collecting resources do not come under base protection rules (minimal damage...). Good

Dino's within/near these outposts will be considered collateral (dont keep them exposed if you value them). Good

Outposts with defenses are not permitted, an outpost is defined as a small structure where facilities such as forges, smithys.. are stored and used to resources, some may store a small amount of dinos for collecting resources. Bad, I don't want to be leaving my mining/crafting base with 2 industrials and my 1500% melee anky completely unguarded

Building an outpost doesn’t give you rights to claim the land, you must either share the facility or allow other outposts to be erected near-by. Good

Rafts will be considered an outpost and not protected by base protection rules. Bad/Irrelevant

A base on a dino platform is considered an outpost but you must use minimal damage (c4...) to gain entry and destroy items. Bad/Irrelevant

A tree platform is considered an outpost due to the limitations of the platform; takes damage for each structure destroyed on it, platform is easily destroyed (like a boat), Tree-house Bases can have turrets on them. Bad/Irrelevant

Dino pens (surrounded by gates, non enclosed buildings..), which have no large buildings and are currently storing dinos do not come under outposts (as they are used to store dinos safely from their main base), there should be no reason to damage the structure unless there is a building (minimal damage still applies, dinos can still be tranq'd) Bad/Irrelevant

A raid base (created for the purpose of raiding and respawning, is covered under the outpost rules, except these bases can have up to 8 turrets (can be replaced when destroyed) on or near the base and must not be excessively large, these outposts MUST be removed once raiding is complete/abandoned (must be removed before you leave the area) STRONGLY DISAGREE, this rule is awful for pvp, 8 turrets on a raid base is nowhere near enough. If you're soaking or c4 suiciding turrets, that's gonna take a while to break through if they have hundreds of turrets. 8 of your own turrets isn't anywhere near enough to protect your own dinos from their wyverns/minigun quetz or even just having your dinos get picked up and dragged away.

I believe that if you can come prepared with enough shit to be able to put down a raid base and a few pillboxes with like 50 or 100 turrets total then good for you.

Small bases scattered around the map with turrets are not permitted, turrets should only be used for main base defense only, same with setup up outposts around other players bases to harass them. Bad/Irrelevant

Imo most of the outpost rules are rubbish, you should be able to put turrets on whatever you want AS LONG as you turn them off during the week. Leaving them on is stupid anyway cause if someone leaves their turrets on during the week at a mining base i'd just drain it so they have to replace the bullets. I really don't think there should be any rules in protecting your mining base/outpost etc as long as you turn it off during the week to not control the metal spawns or whatever it is the base is for. As I said earlier I really don't want to have to be rebuilding a mining base with 2 forges every single week.

Passive Dinos:
You may not pick up any other tribes dinos and place them in a position to be killed. Good

You may not drop wild dinos into a tribes base, as this would violate the attacking passives rule. Good

You may tranq/knock out dinos to loot/raid, but must NOT kill them (this also means putting the unconscious dino in a position where wild animals can kill it) Good

If you are attacking a player and they die and their dino isn't attacking you, it should be left alone (as its no threat to you and killing it would be pointless) Bad, if they're on a dino (assuming they were attacking you to begin with) and you pick them off it with an argie you should be able to kill it. If someones being hostile with a dino it should be allowed to be killed regardless.

General:
You MUST clean up after yourself, e.g removing spikes and taming pens no longer in use, this prevents others from using the land due to raid protection, as they cannot remove the items themselves.
You may only kill tamed creatures if they are a direct threat to you (e.g attacking you).
You may not attack/kill dinos that are currently being tamed and are defenceless, or being hatched (eggs).
You accept if a dino is left on aggressive any player has the right to kill it in self defense..
Structures that are abandoned or made demolish-able maybe removed by admin at his discretion. (please post on forum if you are going to be away, or message Drunk Munki)
Players are allowed to remove structures that are demolishable, as it helps keep the server clean.
All of this is fine even if most of it is a bit irrelevant.

Building on obelisks or their respective craters is not allowed. Cave structures are permitted so long as they do not block access to the cave or any unique resources such as artifacts. Building in underwater caves is allowed but any turrets inside must be left at either short range or full warning settings. Building to block mass amount of resource spawns is also disallowed and may result in your structure being removed.
Good

When claiming land it is required to use actual structures (buildings) and signs. Any solitary pillars or foundations will not be counted and may be removed by the admin.
Tribes can have 1 base per player (up to 6 bases), where the base is used for daily operations, and where dinos and resources are stored and that player regularly uses the base.
Building platforms or taming pens not near your base may be removed due to player complaint as it maybe using real-estate other players may want to use.
You cannot claim entire blocks of land, it is recommended there be a buffer of 100-300 steps between bases to allow base growth and enough distance from turrets.
When using turrets which are located outside of structures they can be kept at high range and but must have the highest warning timer (on weekdays) and can be any setting on weekends. In the event of a raid or siege, you may use turrets more aggressively.

Irrelevant

Blackmail: If a player violates these rules against you or your tribe and it isn’t reported the moment you find out, or you choose to delay the report, you accept your report may be voided due to time factors; e.g if you are raided or your dinos are killed, you negotiate with the offenders (e.g a replacement dino) and for some reason they pissed you off and you report it, this will void the report as you accepted compensation.

Advertising: Players shall not advertise other servers, YouTube or Twitch addresses in game, if you need to share a TS that is fine as long as its related to general chat requests... advertising will result in an immediate ban.

Also I think there should be cross ark transfers. Having been playing on a SE server since coming back to playing ark I don't think wyvern/Rock ele are OP at all because they can't be imprinted. They're both very useful but no way are Wyverns op compared to quetz. If wyverns could actually handle well they'd be disgustingly op but they are useless at handling, it's almost impossible to land the wyverns special attacks on anything that can move

Beowulf
Dino Tamer
Tribe: The Fellowship

Post#19 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:44 am

DattoSSS wrote:KISS principle:

(1) Increase taming speed to 10x (possibly breeding speeds to match) to replace passives that get killed.
(2) Solo server only - no tribes
(3) ORP2 in place (keep S+)
(4) Firm caging and bullying (verbal and gameplay) rule, the one and only rule. No other rules.
(5) Poop and egg collector mod

Quite simply, ORP2 is enough of a safety blanket. 'Solo only' prevents the alpha factor and caging/bullying really is the main issue (possibly foundation bombing as well).

...I snuck in the poop and egg collector mod 'cause I like it...

Simple is the way to go. Some basic guidelines mostly based on common sense.
Taming speed should be 5x like the actual server name says, not this '2.5x the new rate which is now 2x' as that's confusing for new players. I previously played on a 5x all server and it was perfect, joined here and taming isn't in balance with harvesting.
I agree with DattoSSS other points 100% :)
Also No Cross Ark transfers. It is unfair for those who don't own SE and ruins the game.
Last edited by Beowulf on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarineWolf
Gatherer
Tribe: Suicide 3

Post#20 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:47 pm

Brettis wrote:
Also I think there should be cross ark transfers. Having been playing on a SE server since coming back to playing ark I don't think wyvern/Rock ele are OP at all because they can't be imprinted.

ummm the ONLY way to get a wyvren is to imprint it. yes rock eles i agree with but once you have a few 150 kibble tamed ones that are very very good at soaking bullets.

As for wyvrens no they may not have the handling of a quetz and or a pterra but a 100% imprinted lightning wyvren thats doing 1k+ dmg per bite and a lighting thats like 500dmg per second even if it just hits your dino a little will hurt.

unless the servers are going to wipe when all of the rules get changed then i think cross ark will not work as some of the alpha tribes on SE have 20+ dragons and i dont care how good you are if you come again 20+ dragons and u dont have one u are going to loose simple as that.

i am all for cross ark and agree that it needs to be implemented but i do think it has to be fair to all players i do understand that these tribes that have dragons put in an ass load of work to get them like a lot of work and by all means should have them they earned them.

the servers have a few months yet till they wipe so my recommendation would be to implement all new rule changes and cross ark once we have the mid year wipe. at least that way everyone starts on fair ground and you dont have people complaining about an alpha from 1 server being alpha on many servers. this is just my opinon so feel free to challenge any point i have stated would love to have a constructive conversation over cross ark transfers

thanks