PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Discussion: Should we get all engrams?

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.

Should we get all engrams?

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 6

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Discussion: Should we get all engrams?

Post#1 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:54 pm

Hello everyone,

What are your thoughts on an increase in the number of engram points so we can achieve all of the engrams?

The reason I ask, is whilst I am in a tribe of mates we all like to do our own thing. We are all base builders, and terrible PvPers, and all play at different times in the day. As a result, we rarely combine engram streams and inevitably run out of engram points at a crucial time.

I for one, would like to be able to enjoy the full suite of engrams within my stand alone base. I have done this before on official by rolling an alt, but I have no intention of doing that again as I don't want Ark to feel like a second job ever again.

Imagine being able to build every structure, every weapon, and every saddle where you want, when you want.

Munki and server colleagues, what do you think? Can we do this?

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: Discussion: Should we get all engrams?

Post#2 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:51 pm

I have made this into a poll.
The main reason i didn't allow all engrams is to encourage more reliance on other players, this builds friendships, encourages trade and makes others more useful in tribes.

interested to know peoples thoughts
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Jman
Gatherer
Tribe: RAIDERS

Post#3 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:14 pm

I used to think the same thing datto, now being close to lvl 87 I have plenty of engram points I don't use. the main reason for this is Blueprints.
When we acquired the metal base blueprints I did a mind wipe and removed all my thatch and stone building engrams which frees up a lot of points. The same goes for primitive flak BPs, you can effectively just rely on BPs.
The saddles, guns and armour BPs are usually in ramshackle or apprentice too, so you can get much better protection from them.

My vote would be no, as there just isn't any need for it with mindwipe being cheap and available once you get to the cooking engrams. Munki is right it does rely on you to be a supportive player, or ask for help to build engrams that you may not have.

Muddy
Dino Master
Tribe: A.E.S

Post#4 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:13 am

I'm a lone player and find it easy to get the engrams i need. As Jman said, with blueprints and mindwipe, its easy to get the engram you need. Also, there are plenty of ppl to trade with to get bp's you need.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#5 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:28 pm

Valid replies - thanks people :)

I guess as a shift worker and logging on at unusual hours I tend to like being autonomous. Coming from the ridiculous time theft of the official servers I have been able to experience a greater range of engrams on this server and that has made me a little greedy :twisted: .

I am happy to keep the status quo, just need to tame a fast ptera for some blueprint hunting :lol: