PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Should structure protection be kept on permanently: Poll please

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Should structure protection be kept on permanently: Poll please

Post#1 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:43 pm

G'day everyone,

I have been on the server a while now, investing far too much time and thought into the game and it's needs. This is easily the best Ark server I have been on, for community and management.

If there has been a constant theme, it's that people are enjoying the aspects of the game so much more on this server. They can build, breed, tame and harvest at greater rates than the officials as well as not worry about being raided and having their structures damaged and dinos killed. Then comes the weekend.

Raiding tribes are in the significant minority on the server, and just on that point I have always gotten on well with them and shared a laugh. I have been raided a number of times and I must say they try to stay within the rules of engagement however the raids are usually offline and unlocked doors still seem to get blown up and passive dinos still seem to get killed due to 'splash' and other poetic licences ;) . I am not salty about raids at all I just see that the majority of disheartened complaints are from people who are finally experiencing end game structures and dinos only to have them destroyed in a raid, effectively wasting their valuable time.

That being said, I don't for a minute believe any good can come from the server being PvE (or I would be on a PvE server), there is still definitely a place for PvP combat, but should structure protection be permanent?

I am happy with the status quo, but interested to see what people think and trying to generate discussion.

Should structure protection be permanent but PvP combat maintained?

Cheers
Datto

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: Should structure protection be kept on permanently: Poll please

Post#2 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:59 pm

i wont voice my opinion until later so i don’t corrupt others views.. i am always interested in player feedback, so feel free to give pros and cons... on what you would prefer.. or if anything currently needs changing (in your opinion, as others will differ)
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor

Post#3 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:50 pm

Something I should have mentioned in my original post but didn't, what about offline raid protection instead of the weekly base protection?

You can get raided any time during the week as long as you are on line, offline you are protected?

Thoughts/discussions?

Muddy
Dino Master
Tribe: A.E.S

Post#4 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:46 pm

Permanent structure protection? Isn't that basically PvE?? How would raids work if structures can't be broken?

Offline raid protection won't work either, as you will have people logging out as soon as someone tries to raid them.
Leave things how they are, it all works fine in my opinion.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor

Post#5 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:53 am

Thanks Muddy, good reply and cheers for taking the time.

The topic is a dead duck Munki :D , I'd like to hear your viewpoint though.

As an aside, with offline protection apparently if you log off during a raid as there is a timer preventing the structure protection for a period of time, so the raid can't be avoided. That being said, offline protection is being manipulated by people logging on with alts, building a thatch mansion, putting PINs on everything, and then logging off to play their main character. When demolish gets close they simply log on with their alt.

As I said, I am happy with the server as it stands, just invoking discussion (or not as this thread shows :lol: )

Over to you Munki.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#6 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:25 pm

its only been 2 days, i will give it about a week.

Ron De Mexico
Survivor
Tribe: 8008315

Post#7 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:49 pm

I think it's fine the way it is too. Being raided sucks but it's all part of the game and with the rules and attitudes of everyone on this server we all seem to get along fine. The amount everyone shares makes things easy enough to recover from raids. And it does limit the amount you need to raid when most are willing to share and support each other.

It would be nice if the third party raid protection could be fixed since during the week my combat dummy shows 0 for any damage done to it. Sometimes I wanna check dps but can't due to structure damage set to zero.

I'm sure you're working on that Munki. But other than that I think it all works well. Good community and well managed server.
:geek: Ron De Mexico :geek:
8008135 ;)

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#8 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:26 pm

I was looking to come back to the server but I can't as it stands now with the current settings.

Having building demo on weekends only is a big drain for me as I play sports and like to go out on the weekends. Waiting around to defend my base into the wee hours after demo kicked in at midnight was well... aids I think... especially when we would stay on until 4am defending only to be raided at 5am whilst I was offline again. I'm not sure how the server is at the current time, but I logged in and for a look and found quite a few blown open bases, so the status quo still stands I guess.

The other down side of having set demo days/hours in tribes then build up large amounts of explosives in anticipation of raiding hours. Then week after week you get this 5 days peace 2 days of bullshit over and over again.

I'd be back in a heartbeat if you used ORP mod or could get the in game offline protection plugin working. Raiding people online should be the only way it is done and these options more or less force it with the right settings.

Cheers,

King_Kiff

aquaman
Survivor
Tribe: Nephities

Post#9 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:52 pm

I don't mind the old raid so long as it kept clean. I think Monkey does a great job moderating the server! Personally though one thing that really got to me recently is I left my roof open and invited the world in which I didn't mind :( Kinda deserve that. But what really got to me was they took all my REALLY REALLY good blueprints.

Is there anyway to modify the rules to protect blueprints?

Other than that I really didn't mind. Just got back out with the beaver, anklo and bear to gather up some much needed resources..... My base has been much better for it.

Also I must admit that having the option to raid on the weekends is a good way to keep the trolls in line. They mouth off all week and you can always come back with "See you friday" even if you have no intention on raiding them it will keep them in line.

PS. I finally finished that roof.

T3aSpoon
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Bronies

Post#10 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:31 am

my thoughts on offline raiding.

Obviously this is a pvp server and that means Players vs Players. I enjoy a good online raid / defense. it can be exciting and challenging. but in saying that, you cant expect raiders to wait until you're online to raid you. They're not going to work on your schedule.
But I don't like it when tribes will wait until they know you're offline before they raid. That's just wrong.

As for blue prints, they're the main prize people want. keep them safe.

P.S. being raided makes you stronger. don't rage quit. get revenge!