PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Scorched Earth

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
T3aSpoon
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Bronies

Scorched Earth

Post#1 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:33 am

Hi,

Would there be any chance of a Scorched Earth server being setup?
If so, who would be willing to play?

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Re: Scorched Earth

Post#2 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:28 pm

T3aSpoon wrote:Hi,

Would there be any chance of a Scorched Earth server being setup?
If so, who would be willing to play?

TBH this whole paid DLC scandal whilst dinos still fall through floors and FPS are still shit even on my new 1070, has left a very sour taste in my mouth.

They did promise no paid DLC and they game is still so bugged out its not funny. So instead of fixing these things the devs go to work on things that are not the main game at all. Plus after this update I have now even less frames than before...

Like to play it but not guna pay it.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#3 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:58 pm

I agree, if it was like $2-$3 i would prob buy it, not $20, they cant justify that amount of money on a DLC when the game is in ALPHA and still have issues its just a cash grab.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#4 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:03 pm

All you guys have probably invested $200.00 into candy crush but whinge when SE comes out!! its only 20 bucks!!!! I vote we give it a shot Munki.

Muddy
Dino Master
Tribe: A.E.S

Post#5 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:48 pm

I thought the money I paid for ARK:Survival Evolved would be spent on the game I bought, not for the dev's to spend it on DLC that they expect us to pay for?? Completely disgusted they have done this, and even if it was $1 I wouldn't buy it. Not much more to say, Kiff summed it up.

Stick, they are voicing their opinion, not 'whinging' as you put it.

T3aSpoon
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Bronies

Post#6 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:50 pm

I've had over 1200 hours of entertainment for my first investment of $30. money well spent i'd say.
Dont be a bunch of tight ass sour pusses.
I'll donate 50$ to server if you do it.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#7 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:31 pm

T3aSpoon wrote:I've had over 1200 hours of entertainment for my first investment of $30. money well spent i'd say.
Dont be a bunch of tight ass sour pusses.
I'll donate 50$ to server if you do it.

I respectfully disagree lol. Today I went and bought a new Nintendo 2ds for $118 and pre-ordered a copy of Pokemon Sun for $50. Call me a nerd or whatever IDK lol. Point is I will spend money on games and have several thousand in games on my Steam account, I just feel this is very dodgy.

If they put a beg notice on the main menu asking for "desperately needed funds" or something, I'd sling $20 or more out of principal, I have played 1100 hours of their game. But this just sucks, they have diverted a major portion of dev time to new biomes/maps, mobs, items etc. instead of working on the core game & its major issues right now. Locking half the community behind a paywall has never been good for any game and has always lowered overall player numbers, this will be no different.

Major point is though. the game is in EARLY ACCESS and as many people claim in too heavy an alpha phase right now for any optimization to be done. How can you do "DLC" for a game like that?

The other major point is that in fact it isn't DLC at all. It's part of the core game and you cannot play regular ARK:SE without it installed. It is simply code in the game now locked down behind a paywall.

I have lost a lot of faith in the devs and my hopes for the final game have been lowered.

edit:

also no

- New Dino: Tapejara!
- New Dino: Archaeopteryx!

delayed... Really all we got was a large hatch door and paywall. How much dev time i months you think they wasted on this? 6 months or more? No wonder the original release date has been blown so far out of the water.

John Rambo
Gatherer
Tribe: Lone Wolf

Post#8 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:34 pm

The DLC is a cash grab, but its not for their pockets it to pay the out of court settlement they had with another game studio. Would have hated to see Development stop on the game so can see why they needed to refill the warchests. Wait till steam sale should be closer price to actually being worth the extra playability it offers then. Overall interested in the new creatures and objects plus the map looks very nicely done but nothing that makes me wanna rush over to a server and try it.

KorpseGrinda
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Powerpuff boys

Post#9 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:29 pm

I just got it, I'm happy to support these guys even if it is a little shady.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#10 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:34 pm

Some of the dinos in the new DLC, i was able to spawn them in game

20160902211059_1.jpg
20160902211059_1.jpg (470.71 KiB) Viewed 9471 times
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net