PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Why Ark Survival Evolved Released Scorched Earth DLC

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Why Ark Survival Evolved Released Scorched Earth DLC

Post#1 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:23 pm

It's an unwritten rule of games that you don't release Paid DLC for your game until it is fully released and out of early access. Wildcard broke this rule so let's all get out our pitchforks and torches! Or maybe, let's hear this out...
Due to being sued by Trendy Entertainment (Dungeon Defenders) cause one of their employees they fired and was under a non-compete contract and joined Wildcard (Ark) and was sued by Trendy... and Wildcard lost the lawsuit and had to pay out $40million, hence why the DLC is now used to recoup the losses so they can continue development

I suggest you watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hJzven8pzU
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Re: Why Ark Survival Evolved Released Scorched Earth DLC

Post#2 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:53 pm

Personally I understand their reasoning, but I don;t agree with it.

They could have dedicated the resources used to develop the DLC to finishing the 'early access' product, releasing it for full sale.

One of the myriad of reasons I walked away again was losing valuable time to the very same glitches I experienced in the game 12 months ago.

Ark is the best game I have ever played (including WOW), and highly addictive. At higher levels I find it frustrating as not only do I need to defend my time investment against offline attacks, but the lack of tech in managing the base makes it almost a 2nd job. Combine this with the frustration of bases not drawing in before dinos (letting tames out and wilds in), spawning under base and inside rocks, losing dinos underground, and so on from day one just makes it a grind.

My opinion only.

Muddy
Dino Master
Tribe: A.E.S

Re: Why Ark Survival Evolved Released Scorched Earth DLC

Post#3 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:29 am

I bought SE 2 days ago, it's going on sale next week..... fml :/