PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Resolved] Latest Patch

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Bionicfish
Survivor
Tribe: The Alchemists

[Resolved] Latest Patch

Post#1 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:22 pm

Hello all,

I am just wondering if anyone else is experiencing constant disconnects, rubber banding or roll backs after installing the latest patch on 25/11/2016?

I have been able to lay for a total of 10-15 mins then it will either disconnect me or just freeze any interactions in the game. (i can move my character but cannot switch weapons, access menus, ect).

Im hoping its a problem on my end and not with the latest update.

Kind regards
Bionicfish.

theFrog
Survivor
Tribe:

Re: Latest Patch

Post#2 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:34 pm

Yep, just been trying and disconnected twice. I think it would be the server or the patch load than the patch itself.

We can only wait and see what happens.

Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Post#3 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:29 pm

This has happened several times, there appears to be an issue with the latest patch, causing regular crashes/resets - Munki is aware of the problem

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#4 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:30 pm

I believe i have found the issue, there were some dll files left over from the base protection module we used to use (now discontinued) for some reason after this latest patch they are being loaded .. cause the base protection doesnt work anymore and when anything causes any structure damage it would hang the game causing it to crash.

i have deleted these files, ran a verify twice, now lets hope its fixed.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

theFrog
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#5 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:01 pm

Doesn't seem like we can connect after your mod either Munki.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#6 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:53 pm

There are a number of reports of game connections crashing on survive the ark, the official forums.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/fo ... -crashing/

It appears that again, the patch has caused instability at client.

The devs also overlooked that you cant put leech blood into the hotbar, yet you need to in order to passive tame the Moschops

:lol:

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#7 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:59 pm

i am slowly letting people join seems to be stable (might be due to some corrupt player profiles)...
Password protection will be removed at 6pm NSW time

Had the game crash with users on, will need to do testing when i get home from work.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Duchess
Survivor
Tribe: Spoons

Post#8 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:55 pm

Mr Munki, work hard sir as i like ark and dont want to have to leave the house tonight

acidmudcrabs
Fresh Spawn
Tribe: WIG WAM

Post#9 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:54 pm

any idea on when we see it up im keen to play just iv been waiting for like 5 hours

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#10 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:57 pm

it appears its not just our server having issues... see https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/fo ... s-support/

i believe its to do with the new PhysX as when its just me ont here it runs fine.

- tried gathering a lot with a bronto, no crash
- tried wiping wild dinos, they repspawn ...
- as many others are experiencing the same issues without mods.. even official server, will just need to wait for an update to be released.

- i have submitted a ticket to Wildcard (doubt it will get looked at).
i have backed up the save files.. i am running the game to keep the server uptime high.. and will replace the save file once the issue has been resolved.

Update 25/11 11:15pm
I remove the mod, locked the server so i was the only one on, ran 100 meters and server crashed
i restored the mod, ran 100 meters, hit several dinos and server stayed up .... went into tribe manager and clicked leave tribe... server crashed.

Update 26/11 8am
Updated server to .2, no longer crashing when "leaving tribe" but when you render in a large base it seems to crash the server

Update 26/11 2:24pm
Ok so i downloaded the game again (whole 50GB), created a new world, didnt copy over player characters... so i had a fresh character.. as soon as i spawned.. game crashed, this was without the Stacker mod installed too.

Update 26/11 2:41pm
Ok i tried using a default config, no mods, new island... game crashed.
Im at a point where i cant do anything more, but the good news is if they fix it... you wont loose any progress and we can go back to the old map

Update 27/11 8:30am
Ok after being pointed to some steam posts and on the ark forum... removing the Moschops from the game seems to fix things... i havent been able to crash the server again, can you please login and try to play the game and let me know if it crashes.

- submitted this info to Wildcard