PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

PVP vs PVE

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Blizzard
Dino Master
Tribe: One Girl Wolfpack

PVP vs PVE

Post#1 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:50 pm

Ok so as most of you know, Myself and my 2 boys Nightmare and CodaCat have fallen in love with Munki's The Island server and want desperately to play on it, though we do not wish to engage in PVP or be raided/killed. I understand that people view the gameplay differently, but this is how we (like a lot of other players) like to play. Each to their own, so please be nice.

The reason for this post is I was hoping to have a poll or suggestions for people who:

a. Play The Centre - and are willing to agree to making it a PVE server (so we have the choice of both styles),

or

b. Able to come to some sort of agreement that if we say, register on a list on here that certain tribes are PVE only, that other players can check the list before raiding or engaging in PVP with the people on that list.

What does everyone think?

The server and people on it regularly are too cool not to continue. It would be a shame to move to a complete different server when we have put time, effort and donations to this one run by Drunk Munki.
Blizzard

CodaCat
Elemental Killer
Tribe: Catz [A.E.S]

Re: PVP vs PVE

Post#2 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:57 pm

Well im ur son Blizz but gotta say big yes lol
Codaf

TheExWife
Survivor
Tribe: Sonz

Post#3 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:59 pm

In my opinion how Munki has got the servers at their current state is pretty decent.

Safe bases during the week, raidable bases during the weekend. And I am yet to run across someone on the center that has tried to kill me instead of stopping and having a chat.

To disable pvp would mean disabling things like building in caves/ruins.

And with 10x gather and 5x tame to die and lose your stuff or a mount really isnt that big of a deal compared to playing on official servers.

So my opinion is please leave it pvp.

#edit, also to add. To look at a list to see who you can and cant kill kinda ruins it if you are deciding on going on a hunting spree. Like those guys that get out of parking tickets and shit like that just cause they are rich and have the right friends. Would probably make you more disliked than liked to have something like that. I reckon just be nice and make friends that will have your back and don't worry about being raided. Its just a game and like said with the multipliers its not that much of a loss.

Blizzard
Dino Master
Tribe: One Girl Wolfpack

Post#4 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:12 pm

Thanks for your reply. We are always nice - we have made friends but kinda sucks for us to not be able to even go out and mine some stone without being picked or killed....
Blizzard

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#5 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:40 pm

Personally I don't care if the center becomes pve as I don't play on it so I don't have a dog in that fight. In having said that though I still have the dream that Munki will make his Island server, scorched earth server and the center server all transferable between each other as I feel like that will add more excitement to the game with transfers from scorched earth and I think it would boost server population. If he ever does decide to do that then I would obviously be very against the center server becoming pve.
Personally I'm not in favour of the list idea either, as what's to stop someone saying they are pve, building up without any challenge then wiping tonnes of people in the weekend.
Personally I think your best bet is turrets, turret and more turrets. They aren't that hard to make once you get a quetz, pelican, ank and a dolphin. In failing that maybe put up signs around your base that say "we are a pve tribe, we are protected by (chuck in whoever of the larger tribes will say they will protect you)". I feel like this would scare way most of the people that would probably raid you anyway. But personally I'm against the server becoming too pve as it has pvp in the name which is attracting people to join the server but if half of the server ends up being pve then it's very misleading.
Believe it or not but for a pvp server this one really doesn't have that much raiding, too lessen it even more would be to make the game boring imo.

I don't mind you and your sons and amazon playing pve and wouldn't attack you, however this is still a pvp server and there a exclusions for example if I had seen any of you or amazon at the santa drops then the pve treatment I give you guys would have been off while getting the drops.

You guys and amazon are fine, but I don't want the server getting clogged up with pve players as they are taking often good building spots away from pvp players.

Demosthenes1
Fresh Spawn
Tribe: Jogos Nhai

Post#6 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi all,

I think you could add a list of people that are untouchable to the rules, so that Munki could have grounds to take action against these rule breakers. But these people would have to be vetted by Munki, so that you don't have smurfs coming in and gifting PVP tribes resources or allowing them to store gear at their bases on weekends, etc. This would stop incidents like the one that occurred a few weeks back, wherein a new player raided one of these PVE tribes and was wiped by older players to get there stuff back.

I do think that eventually you will run into problems with PVE tribes colluding with PVP ones, even if Munki's vetting them all. It also may encourage lots of genuine PVE people/tribes to come to the server, given the current healthy average population of the server and the infrequent stints of latency we currently experience, I don't think that is a good idea.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,

Rhys Hancock.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#7 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:23 pm

PVP please, we are a small player base but we do not wish the restrictions PVE brings with it.

As for transfers between 3 servers would kill it for me. So no, no transfers. Or if you really really wish fro the island to SE only. I think they had this already and went ahead and disabled it.

Yankee
Survivor
Tribe: Bandicoot

Post#8 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:27 pm

What Rag said makes the most sense. Get in an alliance and post the signs saying protected by so and so. If you get raided the alliance peeps can take revenge. It keeps PvP and raiding going. You can even set up trades with the other tribes whatever whatever, get that politics on, get your merchant skills up.

A PvE server actually gets boring as there is no need for walls, except to keep your dinos penned, but what are you using those dinos for? No need for defenses either. Yes there is a lot of PvE in game with caves and bosses but without PvP you handicap that as there isn't a strive for the tech and dino arms race.

Think like a raider. They want Blueprints, red and yellow stuff...maybe fertile eggs from prized lines. Cement Paste possibly as its light and why not eh. Really you don't have to much to worry about as a casual. I could see lower raiders wanting survival stuff or kibble, but most of what they would take wouldn't take long to get back. It gives you something to replace, another reason to go do something.

I wouldn't change a thing except taking away traditional views when you see PvP. Not a go at you at all, I just want to help you see how much of the game is here in its entirety and what goes away if the PvP leaves. I envision you being the spokesperson and your sons the gatherers of your merchants guild empire. You are the trade hub. You are the one who uses treaties and words and politics to get your standing.

I hope I helped you open your mind why PvP can make your gameplay so much better than what a strickly PvE environment could.

If you need help, plenty of people are willing to offer advice and ingame help.

Tiny
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Lonely Pirate - Whitelist

Post#9 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:02 pm

I don't see the Centre being as active and having a PVE server probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

Here's a protection suggestion though for the Island. I personally don't really PvP, it's just not my thing. I have kids as well and feel bad stealing items from non demolish bases. I would personally join the PVEers and help them out.

Tribe
A new tribe is made, named "NPC". Players who PVE must be a member of the tribe, as this allows people to easily recognise who is PVE and who is PVP. NPC won't be able to raid or kill other players. They can't enter bases set for demolish and can only demolish for Munki when he says so. NPC members who are killed by other players can put up bounties on the website and offer rewards for their blood/tag thing. It would allow for a fugitive system though and might encourage some alpha v alpha pvp. Repeatedly killing NPC players would result in a tempban or a timeout (tp to a cage for an hour). Alphas would start to become almost like a police. It requires them to be on board or it doesn't work.

Interaction with PvP players
NPC tribe members also need to have a vendor role. This lets them interact with players in a normal functional way. I.e. they sell kibble, metal bars, etc. Currency for trade is CP exclusively and prices get set and put up on the website. Each NPC member needs to sell something (petrol company - gasoline, forge - metal bars, quarry - metal and stone etc, kibble merchant).

Players can then, if they choose go to buy items they need urgently and pay for, but the prices should be set high to discourage just buying everything. No selling dinosaurs but could potentially sell a mating service.

e.g. 10 gasoline per cp; 1 metal bar for 1 cp etc etc.

Size
Limit as usual to six players.

Anyway this might be a function method to allow for the more pve people to play on the server and still be a part of it with a reduction on the pvp on those players.

Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Post#10 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:02 pm

Pre-wipe I worked as a trader with most major tribes and forged many alliances, protecting myself in the process - however this didn't stop me from building metal/defences and hiding my best stuff creatively every weekend ;)