PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

PVP vs PVE

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Re: PVP vs PVE

Post#11 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:24 pm

Sekhmet114 wrote:Pre-wipe I worked as a trader with most major tribes and forged many alliances, protecting myself in the process - however this didn't stop me from building metal/defences and hiding my best stuff creatively every weekend ;)
This honestly I believe is your best bet, get a lot more turrets going on and fully metal your base, last I heard you have a quetz and an ank so there is really no excuse on that front. You seem to be on often enough and t's good to have a goal, if you are requiring knowledge on how to get/do something just ask over global you have many people with over 1000 hours on ark playing on this server that would be willing to drop some knowledge. Another thing I would advise is you and your sons all merging tribes, keep separate bases if you wish but it's far easier to get materials with two or more people than one.

CodaCat
Elemental Killer
Tribe: Catz [A.E.S]

Post#12 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:31 pm

Tiny wrote:I don't see the Centre being as active and having a PVE server probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

Here's a protection suggestion though for the Island. I personally don't really PvP, it's just not my thing. I have kids as well and feel bad stealing items from non demolish bases. I would personally join the PVEers and help them out.

Tribe
A new tribe is made, named "NPC". Players who PVE must be a member of the tribe, as this allows people to easily recognise who is PVE and who is PVP. NPC won't be able to raid or kill other players. They can't enter bases set for demolish and can only demolish for Munki when he says so. NPC members who are killed by other players can put up bounties on the website and offer rewards for their blood/tag thing. It would allow for a fugitive system though and might encourage some alpha v alpha pvp. Repeatedly killing NPC players would result in a tempban or a timeout (tp to a cage for an hour). Alphas would start to become almost like a police. It requires them to be on board or it doesn't work.

Interaction with PvP players
NPC tribe members also need to have a vendor role. This lets them interact with players in a normal functional way. I.e. they sell kibble, metal bars, etc. Currency for trade is CP exclusively and prices get set and put up on the website. Each NPC member needs to sell something (petrol company - gasoline, forge - metal bars, quarry - metal and stone etc, kibble merchant).

Players can then, if they choose go to buy items they need urgently and pay for, but the prices should be set high to discourage just buying everything. No selling dinosaurs but could potentially sell a mating service.

e.g. 10 gasoline per cp; 1 metal bar for 1 cp etc etc.

Size
Limit as usual to six players.

Anyway this might be a function method to allow for the more pve people to play on the server and still be a part of it with a reduction on the pvp on those players.

Tiny is that u who was in my tribe couple of months ago? or a different tiny?
Codaf

Tiny
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Lonely Pirate - Whitelist

Post#13 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:05 am

Sorry buddy that's not me. Lots of people love my name apparantly.

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#14 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:07 pm

This would be extremely hard to manage for Munki. Unfortunately majority generally rules with these issues and the PVE tribes are a minority.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#15 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi Blizz.

Ark is a difficult juggle at times, as a devout solo player I have managed to survive ok in the PvP world, but there is compromise that can cause grief. As an example, I have open roof dino pens so on weekends (when I am at work) raiders can see the dino pens have no storage and then have no reason to blow into them. As a result, peckers fly over and drop wild dinos in regularly (I will find you and I will kill you) so I find myself losing passives regularly.

In PvE, this still happens, however there is far more griefing. I have never played PvE but from what I have read, foundation bombing and blocking is rife. Sneak thefts and dino killings are also regular. It appears to be a far more toxic environment than what PvP is, with a lot more 'resource jealousy'.

Ark is a game designed around PvP, I'd stick with it, particularly on this server as the community is far better than anywhere I have seen.

Do what I did, make a transponder and put nodes on all your dinos. If and when you die, you will easily recover them.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#16 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:54 pm

My thoughts on this;

I have designed the servers to be "limited" PvP, as this game has major issues with balance, where the raiders have more tools at their disposal than base defenders, i have tried to limit possible damage with protection and rules over the years, which are always changing, which most people appreciate and follow.

But I also acknowledge abuse of the system, using wilds to kill passives ... "collateral damage" even tho it wasn't necessary ... some people just like to kill dinos for revenge while despawning items so that a) the tribe doesn't have any resources and b) to rub it in their faces they got raided.... even though they don't need the resources...

After my camping trip i had to deal with a whole bunch of reports and abuse.... and has really made a reconsider a lot of what this game has to offer (even continuing the servers)... i would love to move to PvE as its less maintenance on my part, but this also cuts 50% of the game play, where is the survival aspect?
If i reduce some rules to allow more PvP and dino killing to increase the survival aspect, people will find it more difficult and leave to an "easier" server .... Ark has evolved from Survival to more of a Dino Society, people raise/breed/tame dinos and this has more of a value than other resources... hence why its no longer about survival but who has the best and most powerful dinos.

While i wont be changing to PvE anytime soon on the current servers, i may test the waters with Passive only and PvE servers once i get more storage for the Sydney server and see how it goes... but keep in mind this game is Alpha, been out for nearly 2 years and bugs still haven't been fixed... but they keep releasing events and content, who knows when it will be public, and the wonder and excitement of this game has died dramatically (because its so old now)

I appreciate any ones comments about the server, what you think needs to be changed... as you are the ones that play you have a better understanding than I do, even negative comments can share light on issues that need to be addressed.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net