PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Excessive force and passives being killed

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Jesse james
Fresh Spawn
Tribe:

Excessive force and passives being killed

Post#1 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:13 am

Its come to my attention with many raids taking place which have been involving passive killing and excessive force, i have witnessed 1 raid by poly girls and have been a victim of tribe of joe, they killed all 8 of my passives beside my Argentavis, blew up everything inside my home besides the structure itself including my unlocked and expensive refining forge. Why are these rules made when they get abused all the time?

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: Excessive force and passives being killed

Post#2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:20 am

Because I'm away camping, and thought certain tribes knew to look after the server while I was gone, cause my family takes priority over this.

I have had quite a few reports placed about various tribes and will follow up when I get back tomorrow.

If you haven't put in a report including tribe logs I will be unable to replace any dinos lost due to abuse.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#3 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:41 pm

Jesse james wrote:Its come to my attention with many raids taking place which have been involving passive killing and excessive force, i have witnessed 1 raid by poly girls and have been a victim of tribe of joe, they killed all 8 of my passives beside my Argentavis, blew up everything inside my home besides the structure itself including my unlocked and expensive refining forge. Why are these rules made when they get abused all the time?
I was there for some of your base being raided, many of your passives were around/on your base. They died when turrets were being blown to allow access, I dunno if they stuck to the rules before/after I left but while I was there everything was within the rules.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#4 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:11 pm

Ragnarok wrote:
Jesse james wrote:Its come to my attention with many raids taking place which have been involving passive killing and excessive force, i have witnessed 1 raid by poly girls and have been a victim of tribe of joe, they killed all 8 of my passives beside my Argentavis, blew up everything inside my home besides the structure itself including my unlocked and expensive refining forge. Why are these rules made when they get abused all the time?
I was there for some of your base being raided, many of your passives were around/on your base. They died when turrets were being blown to allow access, I dunno if they stuck to the rules before/after I left but while I was there everything was within the rules.

Many tribes are very good at making collateral damage include all passive tames as well.

It's been a rough weekend without the munki around.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#5 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:29 pm

This server has many rules, and yes they are necessary. However everyone has a responsibility to design their base so that the spirit of the rules are achievable. In summary:

1) It is a PvP server. You will get raided
2) Harvest rates are increased, so you can easily build as many defences as you like however raiding tribes can make as many rockets as they like. Its a resource balance that you need to come to terms with.
3) You need to design your base so that your passives are protected by the rules.

I know if I get raided I will lose 1/2 my egg dinos, my refining forge, my chem bench, my smithy and my fabricator BECAUSE OF WHERE I PLACED THEM. I also know that all of my other passives (the important or hard to tame ones) will be protected by the rules, as they are stored away from the main base in two open roof pens with no storage or turrets. I play solo, by choice, and I don't have a lot of consistent free time so all the aforementioned items I know I will lose were all placed together for my convenience. They are an affordable loss to me if I get raided, as I have the engrams I need and the necessary utility dinos to replace them. Due to their placement I know that these dinos are safe and protected, by the rules.

In a well designed base, built in acknowledgement of the rules, griefing is clear cut and there can be no 'grey areas' of collateral damage. On a server like this, the responsibility is on everyone to understand the rules and use them to their best advantage, both raiders and base builders alike.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#6 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:28 pm

DattoSSS wrote:This server has many rules, and yes they are necessary. However everyone has a responsibility to design their base so that the spirit of the rules are achievable. In summary:

1) It is a PvP server. You will get raided
2) Harvest rates are increased, so you can easily build as many defences as you like however raiding tribes can make as many rockets as they like. Its a resource balance that you need to come to terms with.
3) You need to design your base so that your passives are protected by the rules.

I know if I get raided I will lose 1/2 my egg dinos, my refining forge, my chem bench, my smithy and my fabricator BECAUSE OF WHERE I PLACED THEM. I also know that all of my other passives (the important or hard to tame ones) will be protected by the rules, as they are stored away from the main base in two open roof pens with no storage or turrets. I play solo, by choice, and I don't have a lot of consistent free time so all the aforementioned items I know I will lose were all placed together for my convenience. They are an affordable loss to me if I get raided, as I have the engrams I need and the necessary utility dinos to replace them. Due to their placement I know that these dinos are safe and protected, by the rules.

In a well designed base, built in acknowledgement of the rules, griefing is clear cut and there can be no 'grey areas' of collateral damage. On a server like this, the responsibility is on everyone to understand the rules and use them to their best advantage, both raiders and base builders alike.

I 100% agree. Yet some people still make sure passives die...

I just had a kapro lifted out of my walled in island base and dropped out for the sharks to eat...

EvilDwarf
Dino Tamer
Tribe: an Evilite

Post#7 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:52 pm

i have a shed up the back of my pen away from my house that i stuff my passives in and the door is always unlocked and there is a hole big enough to see through but not fly through to pick up my dinos incase people didnt want to use the door and i was wondering if they r safe in there?

Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Post#8 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:11 pm

A lot of people will make their egg sheds/passive sheds using window hatchframes or metal rails etc, to ensure clear visibility through so people know it's only dino storage and no cupboards/vaults/raidables - this may help if you're worried