PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Tech tier discussion and mods

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Tech tier discussion and mods

Post#1 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi all.

Firstly I would like to see if anyone on any of the servers has beat any of the bosses and gathered some element?

If so have any of these tribes gathered enough yet to build anything tech at all yet?

I am assuming that no one has at this point in time so I would like to suggest a mod!!!???

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =860405894

It seems pretty balanced to me. This way we would at least get to see some of the stuff in action without giving up every minute of our lives to grind Ark. One also needs to collect black pearls and the all the artifacts so it isn't exactly easy as making flak armor.

What do you all think?

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Re: Tech tier discussion and mods

Post#2 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:26 pm

I disagree with this completely, this game is about the grind. Tek is supposed to be a reward for putting in the time and effort. If people want to play with Tek Tier without doing the grind to get it they should go play on solo player.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#3 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:38 pm

TekTier is an end game reward, i dont see the benefit for all players if i include this mod, kinda skews a few things.
Like the spoiler and S+, i would only implement something with low download size and accessible to all players.

I do plan to setup some mess around servers (limited rules), passive and PvE servers once i get more storage.
yes, some will even be linked.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Ragnarok
Veteran

Post#4 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:55 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:Like the spoiler and S+, i would only implement something with low download size and accessible to all players.

Odd request but any chance for the reusables? AKA reusable grappling hook, parachute and Bola? I believe all are small download.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#5 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:01 pm

Ragnarok wrote:
DrunkMunki wrote:Like the spoiler and S+, i would only implement something with low download size and accessible to all players.

Odd request but any chance for the reusables? AKA reusable grappling hook, parachute and Bola? I believe all are small download.

I asked for that one a while back lol.

What say you munki? seeing as the upgrade has been delayed now might be the time?

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#6 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:36 pm

comeon guys, i cant make everything easy for you.
you're just gonna have to make them :?
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#7 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:49 pm

Tek tier is achievable, on the island both myself and atleast one other tribe have managed to get it.

Ragnarok
Veteran

Post#8 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:40 pm

Anyone know if Ark has a timeline for when it's all coming to the center?

Ace_Ackbar
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#9 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:34 am

Bringing up an old topic, because this intrigued me.

I was actually using the TekBench mod on my server, which I found was quite balanced - just upped the price of the TekBench itself to match that of the Replicator, and made the level requirement 100. It was really good and got a lot of positive feedback.
As for the S+ stuff, I just made its lvl requirements 100 to learn the engrams, and removed the previous engram requirement.

Maybe something to look into, as it makes it accessible to anyone that tries hard enough to get it, without making it super accessible to everyone (only way to get it is by hardcore farming, so many black pearls needed), whilst it being (near) impossible with the powerful bosses thanks to the 2x wilddinodamage.

Sorry for the "necro" xD

~Ace