PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

the Island, Wipe?

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Sol
Survivor
Tribe: Wardogs

the Island, Wipe?

Post#1 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi All,

I thought i would put my 2c down on the current state of the Island server and my thoughts on how to make it better again.

currently the server as my clan sees it, is that its pretty close to being dead. When we first started there was at normal about 30+ people logged in, there was pvp and good ammount of chat. now when i jump on at night there's maybe 10-15, Most of the time new comers jump on, find out when the last wipe was and then leave. Its been ages!!! there is also 0 pvp or anything for that matter happening.

My thoughts on how to bring life back into the server.

1, Complete wipe
2, S+ mod is great, however the resource pulling needs to be disabled, makes the game too easy. disable to gun and the crafting tables that pull resources. We should only want the freedom to build without the game map causing issues.
3, XP rate for players is too low, needs to be upped a little
4, perform the wipe and restart of the server on a friday night, with double xp till sunday afternoon.

Community Wellbeing
Discord, advertise it, use it and add some admins in to manage it. run raffles, events and fundraisers. have tribe channels. If you want to raise more money, this is a way to do it.

Cheers
Sol

Gunner
Fresh Spawn

Re: the Island, Wipe?

Post#2 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:10 pm

Yeah I'm in favour of a wipe now that the Tek Teir has been released as well.

Plus there are so many random base and hidden structures chewing server resources everytime the server loads because of tribes that have left or quit.

Make Ark Great Again !

Also I really want to build Terra Nova... >_>

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#3 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:38 pm

I am all for a wipe, in 2 months when I can contest my ban :P.

Jordan
Gatherer
Tribe: memes

Post#4 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:51 pm

id be happy with a wipe :)

Sol
Survivor

Post#5 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:41 pm

I vote we wipe this friday night !!!

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#6 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:26 pm

there will be no consideration of a wipe until AFTER the scheduled events.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#7 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:19 pm

Even after the scheduled events, I think the vast majority of Island players would need to agree to a wipe.

Ark is a very time intensive game and just because there are fewer people on when you log on, doesn't mean the population has reduced that much. For example, 2 weeks ago there were 41 players on Monday night. As well, a lot of people logged on during school holidays and naturally those numbers have dropped.

I have been on the server nearly 12 months (June last year I started) and due to my busy real life I maintain myself as a solo player. I have watched alpha tribes come and go, they powerlevel to the top in days due to their tribe numbers, they raid everyone, they get bored and fall outside the rules, and they leave or get banned. The one constant is, they get bored as Ark is not a good game at high levels.

In addition to this, and this is purely my opinion, raiding is boring on an increased harvest server. Every tribe has the capacity to build extensive bases, then they get breached, and everyone cracks the shits because they have to replace a dozen walls and their favourite passive Dodo died. Its the same every time, rinse and repeat. The only constant is the alpha tribes are usually max tribe numbers.

Personally as an experiment I think the server should be solo only, no tribes. This will bring out the better players, the more strategic planners and will be a fair playing field with increased harvest rates. It will also be innovative and make the server stand out from all the others.

Silversage
Dino Tamer
Tribe: House Stark

Post#8 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:40 pm

DattoSSS wrote:Even after the scheduled events, I think the vast majority of Island players would need to agree to a wipe.

Ark is a very time intensive game and just because there are fewer people on when you log on, doesn't mean the population has reduced that much. For example, 2 weeks ago there were 41 players on Monday night. As well, a lot of people logged on during school holidays and naturally those numbers have dropped.

I have been on the server nearly 12 months (June last year I started) and due to my busy real life I maintain myself as a solo player. I have watched alpha tribes come and go, they powerlevel to the top in days due to their tribe numbers, they raid everyone, they get bored and fall outside the rules, and they leave or get banned. The one constant is, they get bored as Ark is not a good game at high levels.

In addition to this, and this is purely my opinion, raiding is boring on an increased harvest server. Every tribe has the capacity to build extensive bases, then they get breached, and everyone cracks the shits because they have to replace a dozen walls and their favourite passive Dodo died. Its the same every time, rinse and repeat. The only constant is the alpha tribes are usually max tribe numbers.

Personally as an experiment I think the server should be solo only, no tribes. This will bring out the better players, the more strategic planners and will be a fair playing field with increased harvest rates. It will also be innovative and make the server stand out from all the others.

Or at least halve it down to 2/3 members or something.

Sol
Survivor

Post#9 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:05 am

so the scheduled event happened and from the post, no one turned up.

is it going to wipe at the 6month mark ?

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#10 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:02 am

Sol wrote:so the scheduled event happened and from the post, no one turned up.

is it going to wipe at the 6month mark ?

There will be no wipe until AFTER i get the SSD's as there will be downtime and will do it then.
All servers will be wiped at the same time.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net