PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Open Discussion: Rules Review & Changes

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
webbi
Survivor
Tribe: House Stark

Re: Open Discussion: Rules Review & Changes

Post#21 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:49 pm

8 friggen hours people are asking for to be able to raid someone and however many turrets u want on ur raid base......LOL NO!
It's hard enough for people to defend as it is. what about small tribes that are just starting out and have stuff all to defend, with that many turrets how the hell do you think they stand a chance at trying to get into your raid base and destroy your beds to end it. i think you are only thinking about the bigger tribes that have upgraded bases and defences. what about the new guys that won't be able to defend or even touch your raid base with your "100" turrets. I think people need to think of the newcomers aswell and not just yourselves.

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#22 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:09 pm

I somewhat agree with you Webbie

However, regardless of the time limits or turret limits for a tribes raid base I think you will find that a tribe in a stone base wouldnt be able to defend even if there was no raid base/raft etc.

I can assure you that any larger or well established tribe would have no need to bring a raid raft or create a raid base. A Good ptera can take out 20 plant x in under a couple of minutes and one rocket and your in the base. It would be impossible to defend. Even a well versed player wouldnt stand a chance.

We also need to take into account that all new players eventually get bigger or leave the server, if we continually cater to them then the long standing community suffers.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#23 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:49 pm

webbi wrote:8 friggen hours people are asking for to be able to raid someone and however many turrets u want on ur raid base......LOL NO!
It's hard enough for people to defend as it is. what about small tribes that are just starting out and have stuff all to defend, with that many turrets how the hell do you think they stand a chance at trying to get into your raid base and destroy your beds to end it. i think you are only thinking about the bigger tribes that have upgraded bases and defences. what about the new guys that won't be able to defend or even touch your raid base with your "100" turrets. I think people need to think of the newcomers aswell and not just yourselves.

Exactly what Stick said, metal players should be going for other metal players unless you have a personal reason for going for someone in a less than metal base. The idea of having larger raid bases was for if you were going against experienced players in decent bases with a lot of turrets while online raiding. If you were to raid us, Bronies, Gambit, Jefe, Wolf and countless other people while online raiding unless you have huge amounts of people a small raid base is for sure not going to keep you safe.

Brettis
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Christie Sims Fanclub

Post#24 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:18 am

MarineWolf wrote:
Brettis wrote:
Also I think there should be cross ark transfers. Having been playing on a SE server since coming back to playing ark I don't think wyvern/Rock ele are OP at all because they can't be imprinted.

ummm the ONLY way to get a wyvren is to imprint it.

Sorry mate I meant it in the way that you can't breed in perfect stats from different wyverns then have a 100% imprinted god with incredible hp/stam/melee etc

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#25 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:11 am

Brettis wrote:
MarineWolf wrote:
Brettis wrote:
Also I think there should be cross ark transfers. Having been playing on a SE server since coming back to playing ark I don't think wyvern/Rock ele are OP at all because they can't be imprinted.

Sorry mate I meant it in the way that you can't breed in perfect stats from different wyverns then have a 100% imprinted god with incredible hp/stam/melee etc
I don't understand what your issue would be then, players that want Wyverns could have them while people that want quetzs on SE could get them too. The idea of a cluster also extends the game for a lot of people as you can then build 3 good bases not just one.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#26 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:15 pm

Ragnarok wrote:
Brettis wrote:
MarineWolf wrote:

I don't understand what your issue would be then, players that want Wyverns could have them while people that want quetzs on SE could get them too. The idea of a cluster also extends the game for a lot of people as you can then build 3 good bases not just one.

And for lots of us Cross Ark Transfers will kill the game not extend it.

We had a vote on it and it was on the side of on no transfers. Munki has also mentioned that after server upgrade he may be putting up a separate server cluster for people like you who want cross ark transfers.

Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Post#27 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:05 pm

I think cross-ark transfers should be island/center only, they have the same creatures and it would be like travelling back and forth....
I would like to see restrictions to the number of bases people have, 2 is enough per tribe methinks (for example, a main base and a marina), the maps just get littered with so much s**t and good spots get taken up without a real serious structure there. Outposts should probably be restricted slightly too, again because mass littering.
I'm happy with the tribe size, it's already been previously reduced... As fair as raid behaviours go I can't really comment due to lack of experience.

Stick
Veteran

Post#28 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:30 pm

King_Kiff wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:
Brettis wrote:

We had a vote on it and it was on the side of on no transfers. Munki has also mentioned that after server upgrade he may be putting up a separate server cluster for people like you who want cross ark transfers.

That was because you spat the dummy about that an alpha was going to come over and "Destroy the server". You then passed on this ill informed information to an entire server where you had a presence. This has proved to be incorrect.

There is absolutely no reason why Cross- Ark transfers wouldn't be great for the server. There is only 3 servers with an active player base of about 90. The issue with cross ark servers on officials is that zerg tribes come and go as they please with a tribe of 70 people wiping out servers. This wouldn't be an issue here as our player base is small and we have no massive tribes.

Stick
Veteran

Post#29 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:31 pm

Stick wrote:
King_Kiff wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:I don't understand what your issue would be then, players that want Wyverns could have them while people that want quetzs on SE could get them too. The idea of a cluster also extends the game for a lot of people as you can then build 3 good bases not just one.

That was because you spat the dummy that an alpha was going to come over and "Destroy the server". You then passed on this ill informed information to an entire server where you had a presence. This has proved to be incorrect.

There is absolutely no reason why Cross- Ark transfers wouldn't be great for the server. There is only 3 servers with an active player base of about 90. The issue with cross ark servers on officials is that zerg tribes come and go as they please with a tribe of 70 people wiping out servers. This wouldn't be an issue here as our player base is small and we have no massive tribes.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#30 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:48 am

Stick wrote:
King_Kiff wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:I don't understand what your issue would be then, players that want Wyverns could have them while people that want quetzs on SE could get them too. The idea of a cluster also extends the game for a lot of people as you can then build 3 good bases not just one.

That was because you spat the dummy about that an alpha was going to come over and "Destroy the server". You then passed on this ill informed information to an entire server where you had a presence. This has proved to be incorrect.

No need to derail this discussion with BS accusations.

Fact is more than half of the player base didn't want it and the only people still calling for it are the large raid tribe...

let it go we had a vote, you lost, wait for your cluster after the upgrade. Your not ruining other peoples games just so you can raid every server and go back to a map none of us want to play on, let alone go revenge raid anyone on.