PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Do you want the server wiped on _____?

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Do you want the server wiped on _____?

Do NOT wipe the server!
17%
If you wipe it i wont come back!
40%
Wipe it! (date TBA)
43%

Total votes: 30

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

[Closed] Do you want the server wiped on _____?

Post#1 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:39 pm

As we have many people join and leave, crap tends to build up on the server causing lag issues and uses up valuable realestate ... and will also even the playing field as there are some large tribes which may prevent smaller tribes from getting settled (raided).

Please let me know your thoughts.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Murasaki
Fresh Spawn
Tribe: Dastardly Dino Dildos

Re: Do you want the server wiped on _____?

Post#2 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:04 pm

Hi. As Tribe Leader of Dastardly Dino Dildos I can say with full confidence that our tribe will be leaving. We know that the game is in pre alpha and wipes are to be expected due to problems with the game. But if it is just a wipe to clear up the map, we won't be staying. I really enjoy this server and the people on it and I hope to continue playing far into the future with you all.

Crossley
Fresh Spawn
Tribe: Arkon Vengeance

Post#3 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:41 pm

Hi Munki and the server, I would have to agree with a server wipe, all tho it has many down sides, i would love the opportunity to start again fresh with a new place because once you hit a certain spot (the end) the game gets so dull and the dark ages are what makes it fun! ARKONS and Myself have already discussed this topic and are all in for a server wipe and this would bring are whole tribe back on and we would love to see a fresh start! :D YAY!
Last edited by Crossley on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#4 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:44 pm

Please get each member of your tribe to vote to ensure everyone’s voices are heard
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

crow4eva
Fresh Spawn
Tribe:

Post#5 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:04 pm

I agree with Murasaki! Well said bro.

Muddy
Dino Master
Tribe: A.E.S

Post#6 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:09 pm

I have voted yes to the wipe for several reasons.
1. A clean start for everyone to choose a good location and help build a base with better knowledge.
2. The experience to build a tribe base from scratch. I'm sure I'm not the only one who joined an established tribe and never had the chance to help build.
3. Reduce lag. Yes it will eventually get lag again but I don't think it will be as bad as it is now.

Whether the wipe goes ahead or not, I would also like to see a reduction in the number of wild Dino spawns for 2 reasons. Reduce lag and make it more of a challenge to build up a good Dino army.

I would like everyone to have a good think about your choice in the poll. We have all worked hard to get to where we are now, but with the knowledge you have now means it will not take too long to rebuild/retame.

Think of the fun and new experience you will get from starting over again, you won't regret it.

Imortallica
Fresh Spawn
Tribe:

Post#7 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:20 pm

If the server is wiped could there be an xp boost for a while so we don't have to go through low levels for as long?

NealieGotcha
Dino Tamer
Tribe:

Post#8 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:31 pm

I'm Keen,

Arkons will make their way to vote asap.

Thank you for the opportunity.

toxicj3
Fresh Spawn
Tribe: Pelican Town

Post#9 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:49 pm

Also agree with Murasaki :)

NealieGotcha
Dino Tamer
Tribe:

Post#10 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:39 pm

such a small poll total allows dictation of events ? are you sure munki ? there is more than 30 ppl who constant the server ?