PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Server Wipe?

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Do you want the server to be wiped?

Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes: 27

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

[Closed] Server Wipe?

Post#1 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:36 am

Hello All,
As the numbers of the server has jumped recently, and there appears to be a lot of friction on the server, i am contemplating a server wipe to put everyone back on a level footing. (player stats will also be wiped)

what do you think?
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Benny Mate
Fresh Spawn
Tribe: Special Forces

Re: Server Wipe?

Post#2 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:07 pm

About this wipe maybe it would be a good idea to limit the tribe sizes as it seems to be the reason for the friction. Big tribe overpowering the whole server. Just my input goodluck

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#3 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:20 pm

by far the answer here should be a yes.

The only reason for a no vote is either your in the alpha tribe and wish to stay the server bully or your just overly attached to digital things and perceived time lost. Just remember if you had fun playing it's not time lost. We will all be doing the same things.

Come punch me in my jocks and take me torch...

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#4 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:58 pm

If you voted No, please provide a reason, as i feel the fresh start would allow people to play on an even footing.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

dnlsd
Fresh Spawn
Tribe: Droopy Booby Crew

Post#5 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:13 pm

Wiping the server will only give the smaller tribes and solo'ers an even playing field for the first day and then everything will be back to how it is now. You can't change or fix this. Eventually the solo players and the smaller tribes will band together to take out the larger tribes. The only players that i see complaining are those who keep a massive presence in the global chat. All it takes is to say the wrong thing and you get hit.

Harry
Fresh Spawn
Tribe:

Post#6 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:59 pm

If the server is to be wiped, the only way I see this not happening again is by reducing the gather rate to make C4 and rockets etc harder to farm. Vaults will always be easy to make a few of, even on low gather rate, but having a high gather rate doesn't really make vaults that much more effective, because who has room for 30 vaults? Most people will still only make 1-5 vaults and the amount of C4 people can farm up greatly outweighs the effectiveness of those vaults.

Will a lower gather rate kill server population? I don't know, but it's the only way I see this from not repeating after 2 weeks of the server being wiped. Raiding somebody needs to be a large investment, a hope for return from the base or vaults you are breaking into, as it stands, blowing up 5 vaults is an hours work of farming. Having enough C4 to break into every room of somebodys large metal base is also only an hours worth of farming.

Wiping the server and leaving it the exact same will just mean another wipe is needed in a months time, assuming the same people stay on the server, and stay raid heavy.

Khaledfornication
Survivor
Tribe: The Fourth Reich

Post#7 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:59 pm

I don't believe that a server wipe is going to achieve much as far as evening the playing field as dnlsd and Harry have already pointed out. A wipe might even the playing field initially but things will likely revert back to how they were within weeks, so unless there are regularly scheduled wipes it doesn't achieve much. The smaller tribes and solo players (or even those that don't play that much) are only disadvantaged by these server wipes as by the time they have built up enough to either raid or defend against a raid it will be approaching the time to wipe again.

Avant Garde was made through the merging of 4 separate tribes to overthrow the previous alpha tribe that would actively inhibit the growth of new players so they couldn't become a threat. We didn't like these tactics and since its inception the tribe has been opposed to using them. While we enjoy raiding it is obviously no fun to raid those that are drastically weaker then you, because of this we have been trying to increase the amount of players on the server and the amount that stay on the server by helping them out. You may have seen that we are offering a very favorable trade of 3:1 metal to cementing paste, this is to help tribes grow to a point where we can actually have some fun online PvP. Our raiding has been kept to an absolute minimum with only 3 active tribes being hit in the last month or so.

The truth is we want people that are capable of opposing us and rather than a server wipe (which is only a temporary fix and only serves to disadvantage casual players and small tribes) I believe we should introduce or improve on the current mechanics for new tribes to grow. My suggestion is extending the raid cooldown to 2 weeks, this means that after raiding someone on one weekend you are not allowed to raid them again for the next two weekends. Potentially we could change this so if they retaliate the next weekend the cooldown is removed, promoting online PVP between those that choose to do so.

Benny Mate wrote:About this wipe maybe it would be a good idea to limit the tribe sizes as it seems to be the reason for the friction. Big tribe overpowering the whole server. Just my input goodluck

As far as tribe sizes causing an issue it might interest you to know that Avant Garde has essentially had only 2-3 active members for the last fortnight.

dnlsd wrote: All it takes is to say the wrong thing and you get hit.

Not sure if this is referring to Avant Garde, but as far as this goes the only people we raid are those that can actually defend and have loot, or those that seem to ignore the rules or suggestions (mainly KOS or harassing/raiding new players).

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#8 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:33 pm

Khaledfornication wrote:I don't believe that a server wipe is going to achieve much as far as evening the playing field as dnlsd and Harry have already pointed out. A wipe might even the playing field initially but things will likely revert back to how they were within weeks, so unless there are regularly scheduled wipes it doesn't achieve much. The smaller tribes and solo players (or even those that don't play that much) are only disadvantaged by these server wipes as by the time they have built up enough to either raid or defend against a raid it will be approaching the time to wipe again.

Avant Garde was made through the merging of 4 separate tribes to overthrow the previous alpha tribe that would actively inhibit the growth of new players so they couldn't become a threat. We didn't like these tactics and since its inception the tribe has been opposed to using them. While we enjoy raiding it is obviously no fun to raid those that are drastically weaker then you, because of this we have been trying to increase the amount of players on the server and the amount that stay on the server by helping them out. You may have seen that we are offering a very favorable trade of 3:1 metal to cementing paste, this is to help tribes grow to a point where we can actually have some fun online PvP. Our raiding has been kept to an absolute minimum with only 3 active tribes being hit in the last month or so.

The truth is we want people that are capable of opposing us and rather than a server wipe (which is only a temporary fix and only serves to disadvantage casual players and small tribes) I believe we should introduce or improve on the current mechanics for new tribes to grow. My suggestion is extending the raid cooldown to 2 weeks, this means that after raiding someone on one weekend you are not allowed to raid them again for the next two weekends. Potentially we could change this so if they retaliate the next weekend the cooldown is removed, promoting online PVP between those that choose to do so.

Benny Mate wrote:About this wipe maybe it would be a good idea to limit the tribe sizes as it seems to be the reason for the friction. Big tribe overpowering the whole server. Just my input goodluck

As far as tribe sizes causing an issue it might interest you to know that Avant Garde has essentially had only 2-3 active members for the last fortnight.

dnlsd wrote: All it takes is to say the wrong thing and you get hit.

Not sure if this is referring to Avant Garde, but as far as this goes the only people we raid are those that can actually defend and have loot, or those that seem to ignore the rules or suggestions (mainly KOS or harassing/raiding new players).

that's the biggest lie out there, your tribe engages on rampant PVP every weekend and your current tribe behavior is stifling new player growth.

Fact of the matter is after a wipe things are completely different and to say that things will only got back to the way they where is also wrong. This is simply the strong clutching to that strength.

And as for saying the wrong thing and being raided that is so very true.

Just this morning your tribe came and tanked all the bullets at my base, flew off with a passive carno and then proceed to knock him out and steal his MC saddle. If we had true logs that could show every action, most of your tribe would be perm banned for the shear amount of rules you guys break.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#9 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:37 pm

Munki's actually said in the past there is no rules against that?

Likewise, if i was to drop agressive dinos into your base that are wild to kill your passives, also not against rules; as munki's explicitly stated in the past.

Rob
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#10 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:38 pm

very much in favour for the wipe.

The current scenario of one super tribe governing all the PVP on the server is making it crap IMHO.