PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Do you want the difficulty level increased?

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Do you want the difficulty level increased?

Yes
77%
No
18%
Don't Change Any Setting
5%

Total votes: 22

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

[Closed] Do you want the difficulty level increased?

Post#1 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:19 pm

Let me know what you think.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

NealieGotcha
Dino Tamer
Tribe:

Re: Do you want the difficulty level increased?

Post#2 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:40 pm

can u explain a little more about what options you have available to you mate and what its set at currently, Just the Raw out of the box the way nature was intended difficulty level would be just fine IMO as this is my first real go at the game i wouldnt like to be getting used to something i thought was on medium difficulty when in fact its on easy...

me, Stalks and Iceman with our old mate Stegs were able to kill 2 Rex , 2 1/2 (1 got away) of the Big Big nasty looking buggers, Raptors and trikes with not really to much problem, we all laughed at how much XP was gained from just one of the Massive Trex looking things gave us... you know the rare one they put out of the new movie..?

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#3 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:32 am

The difficulty setting makes it 3x harder and there is more loot, the harder dinos have higher levels which give better loot.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Preia
Fresh Spawn
Tribe:

Post#4 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:05 pm

Evenin Drunk,

Two points.

1. I'd love to see native level 90s if we can turn it up that high. Suddenly you have to be more wary of EVERY dino you come across because it could be a raid boss level dodo. Who is even scared of T-Rexes after their first couple weeks anymore?
2. Mounted dinos are too insanely strong. Is there any way to dial back mount damage? Theres no way I should be charging Apex predators on my saber and killing them in 4-5 ankle bites.

There is a distinct lack of caution I've noticed because people get punished by bugs more often than they do for bad game play or callous disregard of the environment.

Viles
Dino Tamer
Tribe:

Post#5 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:07 am

Preia wrote:Evenin Drunk,

Two points.

1. I'd love to see native level 90s if we can turn it up that high. Suddenly you have to be more wary of EVERY dino you come across because it could be a raid boss level dodo. Who is even scared of T-Rexes after their first couple weeks anymore?
2. Mounted dinos are too insanely strong. Is there any way to dial back mount damage? Theres no way I should be charging Apex predators on my saber and killing them in 4-5 ankle bites.

There is a distinct lack of caution I've noticed because people get punished by bugs more often than they do for bad game play or callous disregard of the environment.

Changing the difficulty you can still do this believe it or not. remember that a wild dino is a peasant compared to a tamed/leveld
mainly because its trained and if you put all your points into oxy you wouldnt 4-5 anklebite a rex- also if its low level i think this is a way at the moment of showing that the dinosaur is "young" as i assume any babies or young dinos they add will be low level and fully grown will be at a set basic level

Viles
Dino Tamer
Tribe:

Post#6 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:31 am

Just to Clarify - There will be no wipe for this change to take effect

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#7 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:21 pm

Looks like the majority (17) want the difficulty increased.
It will be increased on patch release 184.0, current patch is 183.31