PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed]Server Wipe in June/July?

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Would you like a server wipe?

Yes - After the dino Race on Saturday!
53%
Yes - 1st June
No votes
Yes - 1st July
No votes
Maybe - Doesnt bother me i will start from scratch again
3%
No - i would like to keep everything.
17%
No - i wont play on this server anymore if it gets wiped.
27%

Total votes: 30

Duchess
Survivor
Tribe: Spoons

Re: Server Wipe in June/July?

Post#21 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:04 pm

You all want to reset because you have shit stuff and shitty bases.

Panterra-Arius
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Painted Ones

Post#22 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:07 pm

Thats the point from factual point from now all ive heard from cursed syndicate and munki is lately on this server population is a stable 5-15 players which is so small considering the max is 100 and munki pays $250 per month for a 100 cap that we dont even use.

Duchess
Survivor

Post#23 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:09 pm

Maybe people stop playing here because it gets reset?

Elmunso
Survivor

Post#24 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:09 pm

Man I have only just now started to build back up after the last wipe to the server. If the server wipes again I think I am done with ark. It is so annoying to finally build up to close to where I wanted to be to just loose it all again. So It is a soild No on the server wipe.

Kitty Purry
Survivor
Tribe: Bronies

Post#25 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:10 pm

Panterra-Arius wrote:Thats the point from factual point from now all ive heard from cursed syndicate and munki is lately on this server population is a stable 5-15 players which is so small considering the max is 100 and munki pays $250 per month for a 100 cap that we dont even use.

and how is yet another server reset going to skyrocket the population?

T3aSpoon
Dino Tamer

Post#26 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:10 pm

The lag hasn't been that bad.
We can all work on getting more players by voting for the server everyday.
If i knew this server was going to get wiped i wouldn't have bothered putting in the 400 hours to get to where i am now.
If the saved file is "corrupt" then what is to say it wouldn't get corrupt again the next time?

Panterra-Arius
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Painted Ones

Post#27 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:18 pm

Kitty Purry wrote:
Panterra-Arius wrote:Thats the point from factual point from now all ive heard from cursed syndicate and munki is lately on this server population is a stable 5-15 players which is so small considering the max is 100 and munki pays $250 per month for a 100 cap that we dont even use.

At the current point the main pointers for why players are not staying on this server contain:

-Its been a long time since this server had a wipe. Most server get wiped every 3-5 months but I do not know the last time this server ever had a wipe IF it ever has had one.
-Numbers have dropped as Munki confirmed 40-60 and now its 5-15.
-Big tribes are all allied and unraidable new people join see no possibility for a "chance" to make something of themselves and leave.
-The lag due to both all the bases/dinosaurs/en-longed period since last wipe the server has lag spikes every 5-10 minutes.

A wipe gives new players a chance to be the top tribe, be on equal terms with most people. Wipes always in most cases ensure a influx of population.

But personally if Munki is going to pay $250 dollars for everyone else to have fun (He doesnt even play to avoid "admin abuse" so this is for our benefit not his) He also pays for our teamspeak which none of you "regular" tribes ever use but people voted for and Life is Feudal.

Id like to think we can at least help by allowing this wipe so it may bring population to the server.

Chill
Gatherer
Tribe: The One

Post#28 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:21 pm

So... my thoughts

Wipe - Personally I don't care either way, I just want to know one way or the other. According to Ark-Servers.net last wipe was Feb 12, 2016, doesn't seem like such a long time ago.

Lag - I have only ever played on official servers before this and have yet to experience the level of lag they have, (haven't rubberbanded once yet :P) so for me it's completely tolerable.

Population - Maybe lag is some of the issue with peeps not staying but online games suffer a player loss as time goes on and hype dies down, add to that the increased competition from other AU/NZ servers coming online. I agree with T3aSpoon that regular voting would be a good start, wipe or no wipe.

Alpha Tribes - I'm pretty new to pvp in Ark but I don't think there is such a thing as unraidable, time consuming, pain in the ass sure, but unraidable no. IMO the so called "alpha" tribes here seem to want competition to keep things interesting, at least they certainly don't seem to harrass the up and comers just to stop them having a chance.

Amount of Bases/Dino's etc - personally I think there isn't that many, at least compared to my official server experiences. The coasts may be busy-ish, sort of, but on my travels inland I've only seen one or 2 substantial bases. So imo I doubt this is causing lag issues.

IF there is a Wipe - Maybe some sort of compensation for established tribes could be worked out, Munki spawning metal building bits etc for them for example, just to remake restarting easier on them and show appreciation for time already served. I have no experience with the obelisk uploading thing but maybe for a limited time that could be an option for gear/dinos. (PS just throwing this out there, fairly new to server so don't need/want this for myself and yes Munki I foresee it could be a shitshow for you :P)

Kitty Purry
Survivor

Post#29 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:00 pm

Panterra-Arius wrote:
Kitty Purry wrote:

At the current point the main pointers for why players are not staying on this server contain:

-Its been a long time since this server had a wipe. Most server get wiped every 3-5 months but I do not know the last time this server ever had a wipe IF it ever has had one.
-Numbers have dropped as Munki confirmed 40-60 and now its 5-15.
-Big tribes are all allied and unraidable new people join see no possibility for a "chance" to make something of themselves and leave.
-The lag due to both all the bases/dinosaurs/en-longed period since last wipe the server has lag spikes every 5-10 minutes.

A wipe gives new players a chance to be the top tribe, be on equal terms with most people. Wipes always in most cases ensure a influx of population.

But personally if Munki is going to pay $250 dollars for everyone else to have fun (He doesnt even play to avoid "admin abuse" so this is for our benefit not his) He also pays for our teamspeak which none of you "regular" tribes ever use but people voted for and Life is Feudal.

Id like to think we can at least help by allowing this wipe so it may bring population to the server.

The server was wiped a few months ago. so you're wrong about that. stop spreading miss-information.

I've not seen Munki confirmed this at all, it was just a number you made up a few posts ago. I play this server everyday - it has not sustained a 60 player average for any extended period of time.

The 3 largest tribes are not allied at all. Belan, Treasure Hunt, Spoons.... none of them are allied at all? where are you getting this information from?

The lag (which not everyone is even experiencing) is not due to dinos/bases/"elongated period since last wipe (what, a couple months..? :/) - Munki stated it was due to a corrupt file. If you were seriously having big lag spikes every 5-10 mins you wouldn't play. no one else is having that kind of issue. the only time there is lag is when the server saves the game which is unavoidable.

T3aSpoon
Dino Tamer

Post#30 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:06 pm

maybe the low pop has something to do with the name of the server? its a PVP server with the words "Anti Raid" in the name. kind of doesn't make sense. Maybe something like "Weekday Protection" or "Weekend Raiding only" would be more appealing? just a thought.

Also i feel the voting system is flawed in that people that have been on the server for only a week for two getting as much say as someone who has been on here since the last wipe with a lot more to lose.

:!:
Last edited by T3aSpoon on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.