PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed]Server Wipe in June/July?

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Would you like a server wipe?

Yes - After the dino Race on Saturday!
53%
Yes - 1st June
No votes
Yes - 1st July
No votes
Maybe - Doesnt bother me i will start from scratch again
3%
No - i would like to keep everything.
17%
No - i wont play on this server anymore if it gets wiped.
27%

Total votes: 30

Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Re: Server Wipe in June/July?

Post#41 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:00 pm

I literally wonder if setting 'raid times' to regular hours on the weekend and enabling anti-raid during sleeping hours would help? This would force more direct PvP, maybe....

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#42 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:21 pm

Jaysee wrote:I've noticed quite a bit during my time on this server since the last wipe, the 3 main things I think are worth pointing have been highlighted, being:

1. Current Rules
  2. Offline Raiding
  3. Fluctuation of Player Numbers

It's a tough situation to work out, with no quick and easy solution, I'm interested to see how you decide to move forward. I'm happy to give input and suggestions I think will help the server, I am still deciding if I will play if you decide on a wipe but until then I'm happy to help out.

thanks for the feedback, as you guys/gals play on the server, you understand the dynamic more than i do, and as i cant be on 24/7 i rely upon the players to help manage the server by reporting people who violate the rules, and then its only limited proof... so i have to make a judgement and balance the punishment, which is a fucking hard thing to do :( excuse my language.

I and leaning towards removing the KoS rule to allow people to attack without informing the player,t his allows nwer players to sneak up on higher players to see if they can "win" items..
Also some confusion about raiding, you don’t need to announce when you raid, just need to talk to the players if they are online in the base when you attack...

I am also thinking of bringing back gigs (in a reduce capacity) depending on how the other dinos coming out soon rate.

i will most likely keep the raid protection as it stands, as specifying operating hours kinda limits everyones ability and raiding is part of the game. remember a raid should be a learning experience to find faults in your base design.

I would like to know peoples thoughts on large tribes, as having 10+ people in 1 tribe can get a bit "stupid"? maybe limit it to 4? or 6? and tribe admins can kick out the junk :p

I may also implement a no touching players below level 20 unless they PvP to help them get started...

contemplating removing rocket launchers from the game..

again please provide feedback as you guys play so i value your opinions
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Jaysee
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Belan

Post#43 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:51 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:thanks for the feedback, as you guys/gals play on the server, you understand the dynamic more than i do, and as i cant be on 24/7 i rely upon the players to help manage the server by reporting people who violate the rules, and then its only limited proof... so i have to make a judgement and balance the punishment, which is a fucking hard thing to do :( excuse my language.

Understandable, some people will always lie when they think they can get away with it so you are forced to do the best you can with dodgy information.

DrunkMunki wrote:I and leaning towards removing the KoS rule to allow people to attack without informing the player,t his allows nwer players to sneak up on higher players to see if they can "win" items..

From what I've seen, with players like Krystal, Kitty and Muddy (for example), who mostly mind their own business unless players start fights with them, these kinds of situations are handled by the players pretty well. If someone has picked a fight with someone unjustly, the community has done a pretty good job of dealing with them, and any troll players who start fights with larger tribes get what they deserve. The "no KOS" rule only really make sense for protecting the other way around, being protecting smaller/newer tribes (who are not trolls) from players in alpha tribes. From what I see though, most of the alpha tribes/players on this server wouldn't just randomly kill new people and are pretty friendly and helpful to new players.

DrunkMunki wrote:Also some confusion about raiding, you don’t need to announce when you raid, just need to talk to the players if they are online in the base when you attack...

This is kind of what I'm talking about though, instead of announcing to players that they are about to raid them, instead players just watch steam player lists and raid people when they can see they are not online anymore.

DrunkMunki wrote:I am also thinking of bringing back gigs (in a reduce capacity) depending on how the other dinos coming out soon rate.

I think most people would like giga's, I know it's something I wished was on this server. Maybe a poll would gauge interest?

DrunkMunki wrote:i will most likely keep the raid protection as it stands, as specifying operating hours kinda limits everyones ability and raiding is part of the game. remember a raid should be a learning experience to find faults in your base design.

I would like to know peoples thoughts on large tribes, as having 10+ people in 1 tribe can get a bit "stupid"? maybe limit it to 4? or 6? and tribe admins can kick out the junk :p

I think you're right in the idea that changing the raid times won't help anything, people who want to offline raid will always find a time someone is not online and raid them then, there is nothing you can do to stop offline raiding by limiting times. Having weekend raiding as it is has given lots of positive feedback, because players can relax during the week and focus on doing what they want, instead of focusing on defense 24/7.

Restricting tribes is tough, on one hand, if a group of 10 people play 24/7 together and are bullies, it will kill the server (I've seen it numerous times, the alpha tribe scares everyone away, then they have no one to bully and get bored and quit, bye bye server). On the other hand, if you don't let a group of friends play together, they won't want to play on this server. I guess you just have to hope you don't get people like that, or that everyone else would band together against them.

DrunkMunki wrote:contemplating removing rocket launchers from the game..

IMO this will effectively kill raiding, it's already hard enough to take out a vault with half structure damage, after the tribe next to my tribe quit the game I decided to rocket their vaults down (all 20 of them) and it was depressing putting so many rockets to get nothing out, there is no way I would even bother with C4, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else felt the same. I don't even know how smaller tribes with casual players would even get it done, it's pretty tough, the cost for 1 vault verse the cost to take one down is broken.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#44 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:05 pm

Jaysee wrote:
DrunkMunki wrote:contemplating removing rocket launchers from the game..

IMO this will effectively kill raiding, it's already hard enough to take out a vault with half structure damage, after the tribe next to my tribe quit the game I decided to rocket their vaults down (all 20 of them) and it was depressing putting so many rockets to get nothing out, there is no way I would even bother with C4, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else felt the same. I don't even know how smaller tribes with casual players would even get it done, it's pretty tough, the cost for 1 vault verse the cost to take one down is broken.

thanks i had similar feelings, just seeing what options are out there, as using rockets still cause a lot of damage, and i understand vaults are now used more than ever and for different purposes.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Jaysee
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Belan

Post#45 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:12 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:thanks i had similar feelings, just seeing what options are out there, as using rockets still cause a lot of damage, and i understand vaults are now used more than ever and for different purposes.

Sort of going OT here, but are there options for half structure damage for specific things, such as ceilings, floors, and walls, and keeping vaults normal? Because a normal vault is 26 rockets with a 100% launcher, this server takes 52 with a 100% launcher. So people basically have 20+ vaults to waste your time and line walls with them as defense. >.>

Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Post#46 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:38 pm

I agree though, the rules and the fantastic moderating from the admin is what sets this server apart. Despite the fact I know it is technically a PvP server, I love how it doesn't necessarily mean I have to actively engage in it - like some other survival games such as Rust, it enables other roles such as trader/breeder/etc.

I liked the idea of PvP as in PvE people can be outright d**ks in GC - PvP emulated a more realistic world model where there are potential repercussions for your actions. I wasn't keen on a 'all out war' server, and I liked that - obviously I'm more breeder/trader, and like that the system at least allows me to do that to some capacity, and it served other members of other tribes well too. (If i had my own way I'd love it if I could upload my character and maybe an animal to use after the wipe, although obviously this would skew 'fairness' that's being implemented). I still see KoS as being a factor of 2 tribes being at war (or maybe for special events etc), and would like to see Herbi island restored as a place to put noobs starting out.

And yes, I was indeed aligned with many tribes - this was to a mutual benefit in terms of trading/breeding etc, and iIMHO this enriches the game environment. As previously stated this is very common in survival games, it's what I enjoy.

If people want 'all out war' servers, there's plenty of them out there - although obviously the alpha tribes there enjoy it thoroughly too. Everybody has their niche in what they enjoy out of a game, and this server may or may not help some with that, but at least compared to other servers it's much more fair and better moderated.

Obviously if upvoting the server is a big issue (I've been a little lazy here too, unintentionally) them maybe a minimum number of upvotes can be a requirement to participate in weekend races and events, like a fee of sorts? With MC/Asc BP's as a prize, it would be plenty of a motivator - these events can be wargames, giga spawns, even hunts/spawns of animals that surpass the 120 wild cap ;)

Keep up the awesome work Munki, don't let all the mouthy 'twelvies' who visit the server get you down with their bitchiness :)

Muddy
Dino Master
Tribe: A.E.S

Post#47 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:49 pm

Well there seem's to be a lot of interest about the future of the server, good to see the people showing interest have started voting also ;)

So here's my 2 cents:

1. Keep Anti-raid as is so casual or long hour workers can feel safe.

2. Remove KoS, but include a rule so people don't just go around killing anyone they see just for fun. Maybe borrow a rule from base attack.... You may only KoS if you have sufficient reason to do so, this includes grudges, knowledge of high end gear to steal, tribe rivalry and such.

3. Bringing back Giga's is a good idea with reduced damage capacity.

4. Remove rocket launchers? No. I think making a rule that Quetz's cannot be used for raiding would be better. I think they make it far to easy to just hover over a base and rocket all turrets/xplants to help gain access. It is hard to try and snipe players that are on a Quetz with a platform saddle, they have too much protection and health. People could still carry a friend with an Argy to rocket the base, but they make an easier target for the defenders.

People are also starting to use vaults as walls so removing rockets would effectively kill raiding. Not sure how to solve this problem. Is there a way to limit the number of vaults a tribe can own? It would be good if you can set 1 vault per tribe member or something along those lines.

5. I don't think tribe limits would do anything. Tribes can ally and work together effectively making them one tribe anyways.

6. Change to Valhalla map! :)

Diz
Survivor
Tribe: Treasure Hunt

Post#48 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:31 pm

Considering Autos shoot rockets it doesn't matter if your flying on a quetz or on the ground next to an argy the result is the same.

1 Vault per tribe is a bad idea, i use 2 vaults just to store my forge stuff let alone other items in my base...
Last edited by Diz on Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Panterra-Arius
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Painted Ones

Post#49 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Few things brought up gigas/tribe size/rockets/all out war/kos.

I feel gigas should be brought back though to eliminate alpha tribe spamming, maybe 1 per tribe?

Tribe size can become a problem but it also promotes more players to join the server, maybe 10 max per tribe? Other members can form a sister/brother tribe that are allies but we could form some rules where bases must be separate etc. to stop "meta-gaming" in the sense that there are 5 bases all directly wall to wall all owned by brother and sister allied tribes.

Rockets are a main part of being able to take down turrets on bases from a distance as nades are shot down and c4 you die before placing. Rockets are essential to raiding.

One thing krystal said is that "If people want 'all out war' servers, theres plenty of them out there" This is true, and having peaceful tribes that only breed and trade are viable as well because this is a sand box game. People do what they want. Though this is a pvp server and thus needs pvp, if you dont want to be raided or fight others then you need a PvE server as this is something that comes with being on a PvP server; war.

Kos - I want to try and go over all server rules when it comes to PvP and Raiding to see what needs to be changed so that will be explained bellow.

As for server rules:

-Announcing KOS removed from all rules: this creates situations of ambushing, the beginning of wars and wants for vengeance. Things that help spur PvP and friendly competition. There could be a added rule of not extensive harassing or trolling so people do not abuse KOS being removed and just walk around on a rex killing everything in sight.

"if you die during a raid, you cannot return from your original base (spawning using a sleeping bag close to the raid site is allowed), or if you run out of resources, you may not come back to the raid site (you must come prepared), if you wish to engage in PvP you must wait 3 hours after the raid but must not attempt another raid (e.g go into the base but can take items off the player)." - This rule needs to be reworked or removed as say you go to raid a base that has wood on the outside, they have secretly hidden stone walls under a layer of wood but you die, you will then need to bring reinforcements of a giga or explosives etc.

"You may bring other players into the raid with more resources, but they must not have been part of the raid, e.g tribe mate logs in at base, and comes to where you are raiding with resources." - This rule is harsh on the small tribes, I've seen a many a time where small tribes group together and group raid the Alpha tribe. I feel it needs to be reworked so that this type of group raiding is allowed but not like 3 alpha tribes raiding one tribe for some reason. I just makes a bit more of a fair server as it is already hard enough to group raid a alpha tribe let alone doing it solo.

-You may not attack/kill dinos that are currently being tamed and are defenseless, or being hatched (eggs). This is one of the circumstances that involves KOS and should be reworked to allow it but not allow trolling.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#50 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:02 pm

"4. Remove rocket launchers? No. I think making a rule that Quetz's cannot be used for raiding would be better. I think they make it far to easy to just hover over a base and rocket all turrets/xplants to help gain access. It is hard to try and snipe players that are on a Quetz with a platform saddle, they have too much protection and health. People could still carry a friend with an Argy to rocket the base, but they make an easier target for the defenders."

Is honestly no way to moderate this without removing quetzals entirely.