PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed]Server Wipe in June/July?

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Would you like a server wipe?

Yes - After the dino Race on Saturday!
53%
Yes - 1st June
No votes
Yes - 1st July
No votes
Maybe - Doesnt bother me i will start from scratch again
3%
No - i would like to keep everything.
17%
No - i wont play on this server anymore if it gets wiped.
27%

Total votes: 30

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Re: Server Wipe in June/July?

Post#61 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:22 am

I managed to run a server with the centre map and 7 mods. Bases all over and 10-20 players on it with a ping of 20 and no auto save lag.

I think its a file issue. Theres honestly no harm in wiping. It promotes growth in the servers community. Sure some people will leave but more will come and they'll feel more comfortable coming on a freshly wiped server with GOOD rules. At the end of the day. Its munkis choice and we just take it on the chin. :)

Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Post#62 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:37 am

I would like to reiterate that if you want people to be habitual with up-voting the server, perhaps having weekly contests for high-level bp's with the entry fee being, say, min 4-5 votes over the past week. That's going to generate a dozen or more up-votes a day I imagine :)

I love the idea of event weekends, for example participating in war-games and treasure hunts that doesn't impact my social position with other tribes... All in good fun :)

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#63 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:12 pm

Sekhmet114 wrote:I would like to reiterate that if you want people to be habitual with up-voting the server, perhaps having weekly contests for high-level bp's with the entry fee being, say, min 4-5 votes over the past week. That's going to generate a dozen or more up-votes a day I imagine :)

I love the idea of event weekends, for example participating in war-games and treasure hunts that doesn't impact my social position with other tribes... All in good fun :)

I was thinking 100CP per vote, end of the month each player is given their votes value, e.g 30 votes = 30x100 = 3k in CP :)
i also plan to do capture or kill the munki, spawned dino battles (e.g equal levels attacking to win a pot of something)
treasure hunts with ascendant gear/weapons/bps/saddles....
it wont be every week, possibly every fortnight or monthly.. please feel free to give more event suggestions
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

DrObvious
Fresh Spawn
Tribe: Champions of Tyr

Post#64 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:21 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:Maybe i should have a day where there are no rules, where everything goes.[/size]

PURGE

Panterra-Arius
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Painted Ones

Post#65 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:27 pm

God no lol, that may as well be a wipe XD

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#66 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:43 am

Realistically no one is playing on the server at this point due to the knowledge of possible loss of time and effort. So the wipe may as well go ahead lol

Muddy
Dino Master
Tribe: A.E.S

Post#67 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:12 am

Gambit wrote:Realistically no one is playing on the server at this point due to the knowledge of possible loss of time and effort. So the wipe may as well go ahead lol

I agree.
I've stopped playing until I know if the wipe will go ahead. The votes are in and over half the players say time to wipe. Let's not wait till the weekend, do the wipe now and leave anti-raid on this weekend to give tribes 9 days to re-establish themselves.

Let's go Munki times a wastin!

Duchess
Survivor
Tribe: Spoons

Post#68 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:19 am

Wait till the weekend I have rockets that need using.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#69 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:40 am

Duchess wrote:Wait till the weekend I have rockets that need using.

Yes, wipe will happen on Sunday, probably earlier than 8pm, when i get back from my nieces birthday.
So after the Dino races, everyone can go HAM until the wipe, last man/woman standing :p
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Diz
Survivor
Tribe: Treasure Hunt

Post#70 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:13 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:Yes, wipe will happen on Sunday, probably earlier than 8pm, when i get back from my nieces birthday.
So after the Dino races, everyone can go HAM until the wipe, last man/woman standing :p

So its 100% confirmed that the server is being wiped Munki?

Also Maybe putting Fresh Wipe in the title would encourage more players to come and jump in?