PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Should we wipe after Halloween Event?

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Should we wipe after Halloween Event?

Yes
68%
No
21%
I wont come back if you wipe
No votes
Dont Care
11%
Other - See post below
No votes

Total votes: 19

snYpe
Survivor
Tribe: WiZe MonkeyZ

Re: Should we wipe after Halloween Event?

Post#11 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:10 pm

Ah - voting only 1 day, my tribemates didnt get a chance to vote yet, didnt even get a chance to discuss..? any chance this vote could last a bit longer?

for those who want a wipe why not start a new character and let Munki demo your base... then some of us who dont get the hours online may come close to equalling level... and then it may be fun? :)

are those who are wanting yes getting crushed by higher level?

find that there isnt balance anyway due to varied tribe sizes/time online so just not sure what the point is... due to limited time avail crunching to get to level 70ish as it is but maybe not so many are 30+yrs/family etc where we just cant put in crazy hours.... anyway just thought id chime in my view.. was around at the last wipe which was a bit devo and hadnt played much since, been enjoying it lately though..

keen to hear if anyone else thinks the same..

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#12 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:35 am

snYpe wrote:Ah - voting only 1 day, my tribemates didnt get a chance to vote yet, didnt even get a chance to discuss..? any chance this vote could last a bit longer?

this was discussed in length in game with 20+ people, majority of people want it, some new players and some people who dont have the time to dedicate also didnt want it, but this map has been running for months, and i can see a lot of people getting bored, just as before you are welcome to play, if you arent playing regularly i suggest you find your spot you want after the wipe build something small and then go from there, base protection will be enabled for 2 weeks to give people enough time to build without interference, PvP will of course still be allowed.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Blizzard
Dino Master
Tribe: One Girl Wolfpack

Post#13 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:15 am

I think a wipe is a good idea. Yes we have all put in the hours and built amazing things and gathered dinos galore but personally I think a clean slate is a good idea. We have the experience to know what to do again - and the mod sounds exciting!
Blizzard

T3aSpoon
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Bronies

Post#14 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:38 am

wipe that bitch.

Not keen on the stack mod. i like the game how it is.

snYpe
Survivor
Tribe: WiZe MonkeyZ

Post#15 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:32 pm

All good just thought we would chip in our views.. democracy i get it :) did a run around island last night there sure is some big smashed up old bases that look recently abandoned..

will get building again... will google what the stack mod is... :)

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#16 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:43 pm

snYpe wrote:will google what the stack mod is... :)

mod location is here MOD PENDING CHANGE
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

theFrog
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#17 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:56 pm

Potentially change to another map so that people aren't familiar with the surrounds. It might make it interesting???? :D

Shmiles101
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#18 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:36 am

I'd love to also request/suggest another mod. The S+ foundations etc. (It's not a big sized mod)

This means people can pick up their foundations and re-place them etc, hopefully a plus of you adding this in will mean less unused buildings etc being left behind.

They don't take any points to "buy" but you do need to know the normal/original version first. It also adds glass buildings - among other things - that you can build and yes, they are strong and you can make it so no one can see in but you can see out.

Another plus is the S+ smithy which allows you to "pull" items out of their boxes. so for example you need some CP but its in your boxes and some are in your fab, you can select them and it will pull them out of their boxes and put them straight in to the smithy.

Just something to consider,

Hayley

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#19 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:40 am

+1 for Structures+

No collision structures really help.

Excited for the PvP to come!

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#20 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:05 am

Personally I don't think any other mods apart from the stack mod should be added, this game is supposed to be a survival game, to keep adding mods will just make it easier and easier. Maybe this opinion is me coming from playing a lot of modded rust, but I feel like ark how the devs intended it for the most part is a really good game, minus the original taming, breeding and gathering rates which have already obviously been fixed on this server.