PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Remove Quetz from game after next wipe?

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Remove Quetz from Game?

Yes
7%
No
64%
Nerf it
29%

Total votes: 14

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

[Closed] Remove Quetz from game after next wipe?

Post#1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:11 pm

If the server was to wipe, what would you see gone? would you like the quetz removed or reduced...?

removing the quetz would remove alot of OP raiding tools, and reduce the ability to pick dinos ...

As you play more than me, i would like to know what your thoughts are?
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Havoc
Survivor
Tribe: The Kings

Re: Remove Quetz from game after next wipe?

Post#2 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:03 pm

Remove the platform saddle. The quetz by itself I think is fine, the ability to build on its back makes it an OP tool.

Muddy
Dino Master
Tribe: A.E.S

Post#3 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:16 am

I voted yes but I like the no platform idea

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#4 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:37 pm

This would completely change the games structure.

Certain Dino's would no longer be able to be picked up
Metal farming would go back to bare bones.
Moving Dinos would be a PITA
Taming Gigas would become a lot harder

When you start changing the games mechanics it can really destroy how the game is played. I currently dont see it as an issue, they are hardly an OP raid tool but just an OP dino. People seem to whinge about these "OP" dinos but what is there to work for if every dino on ark was created equal? The Quetzal is an end of game dino that should be enjoyed by players which have earned it.

Im all for change but why make an issue out of something that isnt an issue? If the Quetzal was being used for griefing or was a war machine that could not be killed then yeah I would agree...but that simply is not the case.

I have lost several Quetzals in raids and can assure you that their main use is for standing in the air and their large carry capacity.

chrisacool
Fresh Spawn
Tribe:

Post#5 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:42 pm

I personally feel, and agree with Stick, that removing the Quetz would also remove some motivation to progress in the game. A Quetz tame, let a lone being in a position to breed them, is an essential 'feel good' moment.

I lost a boat recently, which I had decked out with gear to be my 'home away from home'. I lost it to a single rocket from a rocket launcher mounted Quetz. Even after this, I would prefer to keep the Quetz.

I suggest exploring a 'number of Quetz per tribe' cap. This encourages tribes to,

- Consider what they use their Quetz for - perhaps resulting in discouragement to mount rocket launchers on their Quetz
- Encourage breeding Quetz to be traded for less amounts of materials, therefore more tribes have access to them earlier

KorpseGrinda
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Powerpuff boys

Post#6 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:52 pm

Wouldn't removing them all together just deter new people from coming to the server.

If they were game breaking (like tamable Titans) then sure get rid of them, I honestly see them as powerful but far from game breaking and with the current server rules RE platform structures I have no issue with them at all.

Dylz
Survivor
Tribe: The Kings

Post#7 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:28 pm

Agreed with Havoc, if anything just remove the platform saddle.

Blizzard
Dino Master
Tribe: One Girl Wolfpack

Post#8 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:13 am

I think we should keep it but I like the idea of keeping it a limit per tribe. Removing the platform saddle removes the ability to gather shit loads of metal (obviously) but with the new mod will that be an issue?
Blizzard

T3aSpoon
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Bronies

Post#9 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:33 am

I think leave all game balancing up to the devs. No quetz or platform saddles is a big turn off for the server.

Quetz aren't OP imp. If people are worried about having dinos pick.. keep them inside. It's basic PVP strategy.