PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Server Wipe Petition. [24hr poll]

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Would you like the Server wiped?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 38

EvilDwarf
Dino Tamer
Tribe: an Evilite

[Closed] Re: Server Wipe Petition. [24hr poll]

Post#11 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:20 am

i wouldnt mind a wipe this time because there r some things i want to do differently but we cant wipe too often because what about all the other non alpha people that take a bit longer to actually get anywhere?
i dont think i would get to see what comes after learning turrets if its wiped every 2 - 3 months.
voting for it is a good idea tho i think

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: Server Wipe Petition. [24hr poll]

Post#12 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:29 am

Ok, as the vote is too close to call (excluding the fake accounts created ... which users have now been banned for)
I have decided
NO WIPE WILL HAPPEN.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#13 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:48 am

Panterra-Arius wrote:Was seeing if their was any chance of the server wiping for the new year?

Server has lots of new faces and tribes, so it'd be interesting to give everyone a chance at being top dog. Currently its just polyester girls and bronies raiding who they want when they want and minimal action happening with other tribes.

Thought id see what everyone else thought.

New year, new wipe?

Also thought of server wiping every 2-3 months? After 2 months alphas have usually been decided and the server pace tends to slow down.

Firstly, you really need to back your claims. We have fought hard to ensure that new players have the chance of becoming bigger and better. It was only 4 months ago that we wanted the then Alpha to leave the server as they continually raided new tribes. They then recently came back with the same mindset and again we fought for the new players on this server (and selfishly for revenge).

Yes we will raid when we have grievances. This is a part of the game and you shouldn't have a problem with this. You constantly question my approach to the game because it does not align with your view. This needs to stop.

Now, the "ALPHA" issue you have. If you want a piece or the whole damn pie then do something about it. We will give you a month to build a tribe and we are happy to war with you if this is what you want. But, I have seen the effort you put into this game and its entry-level at best. You need to be a well rounded player and have great team synergy to be an Alpha, I am yet to see you present either of these things in game. Pull up your socks and do something rather than talk about it every 2 minutes. Constantly running your mouth with no support just pushes you further and further behind.

The above goes for all tribes, Bronies support you becoming bigger.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#14 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:59 am

I just want to clarify from the solo perspective - there is NO reason why a solo or a small tribe on this server cannot prosper. The server community, as already stated, is well balanced and everyone is helpful and knowledgeable.

Sometimes, I think the server community is too helpful - particularly with donations of dinos to the smaller tribes. An unusual thing for a solo to think? Not really, as solo survival is all about learning the idioms of the game and planning around them. Learning to do more, with less. Giving away stuff is fine, but I have noticed there is an expectation now with people on the server that they will be given items by the larger tribes. These people generally have a hard time managing what they have and invariably they leave.

With planning, and an investment of time anyone can have an impressive base and broad range of dinos.

Unfortunately Ark as a game screams to a sudden halt when players get to 85+. This is across the board, so larger tribes who have more shared XP activity level up quicker, and then sit twiddling their thumbs wondering what to do next. This is Ark's fault, not the server. Official servers are dead for this very reason.

So please, don't think the small tribes or solos are doing it tough. We certainly are not and the server is well suited to us.

:D

Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Post#15 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:22 pm

I can barely begin to count the number of times I have gone out of my way to help lower level tribes craft stuff, almost always without payment - we actively want lower level tribes to become powerful so that it's an even playing field - there's no fun and honestly no real loot in hitting up thatch/wood/stone structures. And to those who thing alphas raid mercilessly - a few weeks ago I was being taught how to 'raid' and was actively prevented from blowing a vault by my tutor, as once we got in he could see they didn't seem to have much, and it would be unfair to take any more from such a seemingly poor tribe, and we didn't want them to get upset and leave the server if they were left with nothing.

On official I'm pretty sure this attitude doesn't exist.

Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Post#16 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:44 pm

I also remember pre-wipe there were actually a number of large tribes who literally never got hit.... partly because you never ever saw them talk in global lol :P

I can't really talk but a think a fair bit of raiding occurs due to conflicts and s**t-talk that happens in global, all part of PVP tho ;)

DOOM___IFHY
Survivor
Tribe: Tribey McTribeface

Post#17 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:42 pm

Munki, by the look of the users who have voted, interfered (created Jan 01, 2017 1:32 am) and erfy (created Jan 01, 2017 1:32 am) are quite obvious fakes...soooo?

And I know what you said about bans/wall of shame etc, but wouldn't the best option be for a longer, fairer vote?? Say, over a week, better monitoring of votes/accounts?

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#18 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:37 pm

DOOM___IFHY wrote:And I know what you said about bans/wall of shame etc, but wouldn't the best option be for a longer, fairer vote?? Say, over a week, better monitoring of votes/accounts?

last vote i had EVERYONE complained i took so long and wanted the wipe immediately.
i didn't propose this wipe, a player did... and as there was a surge in NO's which have more weight than the yeses, and this is probably the most voted on poll regarding a wipe... and with individual conversations with a few users, some of which cannot vote ... and a new tek tier coming out,... new players... most people celebrating NYE ... and alphas who help keep the server in check, and help out.. plus a whole lot more information i weighed in.... i have decided not to wipe.

I will see after the Tek update to see if it really needs a wipe (bugs, op...) but i try and limit any wipes to 4-6months .. players who feel they cant play on The Island, we also have The Centre and Scorched Earth
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#19 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:58 pm

Wiping without some significant rule change at this point is a waste of time.

The same situation that you have now will return in just a few short weeks.