We have change the way we accept donations towards the community, we are now using Patreon.
Visit our link at https://www.patreon.com/GamingAlliance and donate and get some extra benefits while you are at it :)
PlayARK Australia is not run for profit and all donations goes towards this community.

[Closed] Would you like ORP2 (Mod) on the server?

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Would you like ORP2 (Mod) on the server?

Yes
32
67%
No
12
25%
Don't Care
4
8%
 
Total votes: 48

User avatar
King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Posts: 255
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures
Status: Offline

Re: Would you like ORP2 (Mod) on the server?

Post#21 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:40 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:would you look at that .. the mod developer DELETED my question regarding tranq'ing dinos ... wow! guess he doesnt want people to know the obvious?

lol, yep sign of a shit code maker right there.

User avatar
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Posts: 1085
Tribe: Admin
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Would you like ORP2 (Mod) on the server?

Post#22 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:11 pm

Hey,
So i finally got around to testing ORP2 and you CAN tranq dinos if i set the setting to max (50x) health, as seen below.

First image is normal stats.
Second image is with the ORP2 buff, as you can see the HP has increased massively
Third image is me using 5x Asc Electric Prods, and you can see damage is minimal and torpor is 1/2 way.

torpor.png
torpor.png (498.33 KiB) Viewed 2102 times


So it appears ORP2 is very usable without killing dinos...
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Ragnarok
Veteran
Posts: 170
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings
Status: Offline

Re: Would you like ORP2 (Mod) on the server?

Post#23 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:27 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:Third image is me using 5x Asc Electric Prods, and you can see damage is minimal and torpor is 1/2 way.

Ascendant cattle prods are very very very expensive to make.
To be honest I'm more against ORP than ever since this flyer nerf came out. There's no more suiciding bases, bases up high are pretty much gonna be untouchable cause quetzs are too slow to do fly pasts while dropping turtles and the like for tanking turrets. If this is implemented and especially at a high damage reduction you will find a 6 man/woman group will rise up and become server Alphas with literally no one to challenge them. Currently if they have the gear one decent solo player can offline raid the alphas and generally smash them. If ORP is put on people will take advantage using XL metal walls around their base and turret towers etc... they are already expensive as hell to blow let alone if they now take 3 times damage reduction or 10 or 50.
Online raids have their place but so do offline raids and ORP2 + Structures plus is gonna lead to raids only against scrubs not against anyone with a decent base.

User avatar
El_Jefe
Dino Tamer
Posts: 25
Tribe: CNA
Status: Offline

Re: Would you like ORP2 (Mod) on the server?

Post#24 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:56 pm

Yeah I feel like I may be the minority on this one, but ORP2 makes far too many exploits available which can provide even easier access to bases belonging to players who are either unaware of the exploits, or ill prepared for dealing with them. After being offline raided multiple times recently on a ORP 100x server I joined for a quick laugh by a player who was specifically waiting for us to log off in order to raid, I can say without a doubt that it will only widen the already excessive gap between slow to start/smaller tribes and the large alpha powerplay tribes who will inevitably come following a wipe.

User avatar
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Posts: 1085
Tribe: Admin
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Would you like ORP2 (Mod) on the server?

Post#25 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:02 pm

Pretty much ORP2 would replace the rules, apart form killing passives and wiping bases... this reduces a large amount of load off me ... keep in mind the more servers we have the more my time is split between them... so i need a way of self management.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Ragnarok
Veteran
Posts: 170
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings
Status: Offline

Re: Would you like ORP2 (Mod) on the server?

Post#26 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:09 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:Pretty much ORP2 would replace the rules, apart form killing passives and wiping bases... this reduces a large amount of load off me ... keep in mind the more servers we have the more my time is split between them... so i need a way of self management.

I get that but at the same time next wipe why not just way up the taming and breeding rates to 40 or 50 times but drop the gathering rates to 5 times or something. Dinos are then easy enough to get so people shouldn't complain even if their passives die.

User avatar
T3aSpoon
Dino Tamer
Posts: 44
Tribe: Bronies
Status: Offline

Re: Would you like ORP2 (Mod) on the server?

Post#27 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:09 am

If you do add this ort, would you stop doing weekday anti raid?. I hope so.
Last edited by T3aSpoon on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
T3aSpoon
Dino Tamer
Posts: 44
Tribe: Bronies
Status: Offline

Re: Would you like ORP2 (Mod) on the server?

Post#28 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:11 am

Ragnarok wrote:I get that but at the same time next wipe why not just way up the taming and breeding rates to 40 or 50 times but drop the gathering rates to 5 times or something. Dinos are then easy enough to get so people shouldn't complain even if their passives die.


Surely upping the taming rate by so much would remove the need for kibble and with it the entire kibble system? that's a large portion of the game I enjoy.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Posts: 170
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings
Status: Offline

Re: Would you like ORP2 (Mod) on the server?

Post#29 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:44 am

T3aSpoon wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:I get that but at the same time next wipe why not just way up the taming and breeding rates to 40 or 50 times but drop the gathering rates to 5 times or something. Dinos are then easy enough to get so people shouldn't complain even if their passives die.


Surely upping the taming rate by so much would remove the need for kibble and with it the entire kibble system? that's a large portion of the game I enjoy.
It would remove the need when it came to carnivores, but mutton has already done that anyway. Plus you would still need the imprinting kibble for when you plan to breed things assuming you still want to imprint.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest