PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Move PvP server to Sydney Server?

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Would you like me to Move the PvP Server to the Sydney one?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Dont Care
No votes

Total votes: 12

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

[Closed] Move PvP server to Sydney Server?

Post#1 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:42 pm

Would you like me to Move the PvP Server to the Sydney one, and Move the PvE server to brisbane, as i didnt expect the PvP one to be so popular and is using the substandard Brisbane server (running on HDD and not SSD)

This will involve an hour or 2 shutdown while i move the save files and configs?
whens the best time to do this?
notice you may also have to "find" the server again cause the IP and port would change.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Re: Move PvP server to Sydney Server?

Post#2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:47 pm

If I had a say in when the server would shut down I'd put my vote on either early morning during the week or late night. Either way: during the working/school week would probs suits most people I imagine.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: Move PvP server to Sydney Server?

Post#3 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:51 pm

Builder wrote:If I had a say in when the server would shut down I'd put my vote on either early morning during the week or late night. Either way: during the working/school week would probs suits most people I imagine.

Yeah i prefer to do it in the morning around 7am, i will be sending an email blast friday afternoon, so cutting it a bit short, but better for everyone if i do it now than wait ages.

it shouldnt take too long cause the save files are small, and its just copy, paste configs, so i would say 30mins max downtime
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net