PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Wipe on ARK retail release in August?

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Would you like the PvP Cluster to be wiped on that day?

Yes
34%
No
52%
Dont Care
14%

Total votes: 29

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Re: Wipe on ARK retail release in August?

Post#31 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:51 pm

Isn't just going back to the old setting only going to lead to the same things happening as before?

I.e. midnight campers waiting for base damage to go on offline raiding sprees? While the rest of us adults/workers sleep?

I really think you should try the scrub server idea.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#32 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:50 pm

Server was more successful with the old system though.

I mean you choose to play PvP, you don't have to log on - if your base gets raided your base gets raided.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#33 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:40 am

Gambit wrote:Server was more successful with the old system though.

I mean you choose to play PvP, you don't have to log on - if your base gets raided your base gets raided.

Key word there being "was" it also died off in the end and made a metric shit tonne of admin work for munki.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#34 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:46 pm

No different to now. ;)

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#35 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:43 pm

I mean for real though you are keeping 3 servers in a cluster open for 1-2 maybe 3 players on the PVE lot. Just drop em and on wipe try making either the Center on Ragnarok into a scrub map. PVE is dead now and into the future and for the very few that do want it, your PVPVE white list server gives it to them tweaked perfectly.

Chill
Gatherer
Tribe: The One

Post#36 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:41 am

The PvP population in Ark will always die off for one simple reason... PvP sucks in this game.

Here's why, there's only 3 possible outcomes,

1. Alpha Tribe... your so big no one will bother attacking you and you can face roll anyone who isn't alpha. A fight between alpha's will last a few hours at best then your back to resource gathering/taming again... = PvE

2. Small Fry... your little and keep getting wasted over and over so spend all your time resource gathering/taming = PvE

Either of these two options lead to eventual disinterest.

3. Mosquito... (prob the most fun) you raid/steal whatever you can and annoy the crap out of the PvEers because they've invested lots of time and effort and you destroy it with minimal effort... so they make ranting forum posts about you and you lol... this however relies on there being PvEers to build up stuff but your actions cause them them to quit, becoming a self defeating cycle.

So wipe, don't wipe, whatever you decide, it'll be back to same discussion in a month or so (yet again), why? Because PvP sucks in this game.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#37 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:03 am

King_Kiff wrote:I mean for real though you are keeping 3 servers in a cluster open for 1-2 maybe 3 players on the PVE lot. Just drop em and on wipe try making either the Center on Ragnarok into a scrub map. PVE is dead now and into the future and for the very few that do want it, your PVPVE white list server gives it to them tweaked perfectly.

need to step outside the bubble Kiff!

- the games don't cost me any $ to run apart from hardware rental costs, so having 1 map or 100 wont make a difference.
- i prefer to have a map out there that people know will remain up, not close down when no ones using them... shows the community and server are stable and aren't dependant on player numbers.
- PvE server has a few users, yes, but same with the PvP and i have noticed the whitelisted server pop has even diminished... this i believe is due to new game releases.
- ARK is old... been around for 3 years... hasn't even been released as retail yet... most players have burned out and moved on
- People waiting for retail release; with the retail release, mods shouldn't need to be updated as much due to core changes... and majority of bugs/exploits fixed so people can play properly
- I run other games, feel free to play ON THE SAME SERVER AS ARK... check out http://www.gamingalliance.com.au .. think of a server i should host, let me know.

at this stage, the server wont be wiped.. players will keep everything and hopefully the PvP'ers reduce their affect on new players, otherwise they will be playing on a dead server, gotta nurture those noobs into something challenging.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#38 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:12 pm

Due to high demand for NO WIPE, there will be no wipe.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net