PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Should the PvP servers have structure protection?

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Should i enable structure protection on weekdays and allow raiding only on weekends?

You can't vote on this poll. Reason: You haven't posted in this topic.

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 13

Toph
Fresh Spawn
Tribe:

Re: Should the PvP servers have structure protection?

Post#11 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:38 pm

TBH,

There is so many situations when weekend only damage could be really unfair to many people. The ORP2 system means people can play ther own game. Coming from Nerd Parade and ther purge system where there was a certain time every week when structure damage was turned on created a lot of problems.

A. If for what ever reason people cant make it cause you know life then they come back to a base in ruins when they cant defend it.

B. If you put in Default ORP to combat point A then people who start shit in world PvP just dont log in on the weekends to avoid getting wiped.

C. Having no structure damage during weekdays means a lot of PIL boxing grieving area's and it becomes 10x harder to police the server. Sure you can makes rules against it but it is a huge grey area between grieving and protecting structures.

D. Having no structure damage on weekdays makes a hyper active world pvp, which in theroy sounds great but when you get shot/killed as soon as you leave the base when trying to farm repeatidly breeds a culture of griefing players whom arnt as good in world pvp but offer different pvp attributes will be deterred from the server. This is not me but i hjave seen it happen on the Nerd Parade server a lot, like super a lot.

E. Condensing the raid time into just weekends and a load onto the server at peak times. Spread out server load i think as a admin would be a lot more preferable.

Thank you for your time and make sure you have phat lootz so i can get themz.

Strimp
Survivor
Tribe: Goons

Post#12 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:02 pm

My opinion is that the fast rates server should have an ORP system. Otherwise there will only be the possibility of having 8 raid weekends over a 2 month period and for a 20X PVP server that is really not much. For the slow rate server the weekend raiding would be a viable system. being that you would have the time to actually get around and have a decent couple of weekends.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#13 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:03 pm

Hey Everyone,

thanks for the feedback, very constructive.

We have tried ORP2, due to it being buggy, dinos having excessive HP.... i wont be using it.
I will try structure protection, as population wise its usually quiet weekdays, allow people to prepare for the weekend and see what happens...
I believe most if not all of you will be playing on the 20x server, so i dont see much of a grind... i will be adding a kibble mod so people dont need to make farms.
With the turret restrictions, i do see people putting up towers everywhere, but then, maintaining those will be tiresome, i believe people will make several small bases with turrets instead of a massive one with a billion turrets, as it should be... allow people to raid you at different locations, rebuild and repeat, i believe with the 20x it will be more of strategy and revenge.

I have increased respawn from 60secs to 120 secs
limiting alliances so we dont have alpha tribes friending each other, should be tribe vs tribe.
i will be increasing turret damage to 3x
server wont reboot on weekends to allow uninterrupted raids
handcuffs will be allowed in game, no hostage rules.
structure resistance will be at 0.40 where default is 1.0, so structures will be stronger
Multiple C4 will be allowed on dinos
PvP safe zones for trading and events
Mods to help automate some grinding so u can focus on other areas of gameplay.
removing the s+ transfer guns, as they make things too easy, and Automated Ark can help.
S+ Shield will be removed from the game due to it being OP, may be returned if there are several warring factions.
re-usable flare/spear have been removed from the game

Imprinting/Breeding:
BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier=5.0
BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=1
BabyCuddleGracePeriodMultiplier=3
BabyCuddleLoseImprintQualitySpeedMultiplier=1
MatingIntervalMultiplier=1.0
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=20.0
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=20.0
AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle=True

in regards to structure protection, i will enable it during the week for a few weeks to see how the server goes, allow people to build up and then start to engage in PvP

This weekend there will be structure protection ONLY
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#14 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:12 pm

Toph wrote:A. If for what ever reason people cant make it cause you know life then they come back to a base in ruins when they cant defend it.

B. If you put in Default ORP to combat point A then people who start shit in world PvP just dont log in on the weekends to avoid getting wiped.

C. Having no structure damage during weekdays means a lot of PIL boxing grieving area's and it becomes 10x harder to police the server. Sure you can makes rules against it but it is a huge grey area between grieving and protecting structures.

D. Having no structure damage on weekdays makes a hyper active world pvp, which in theroy sounds great but when you get shot/killed as soon as you leave the base when trying to farm repeatidly breeds a culture of griefing players whom arnt as good in world pvp but offer different pvp attributes will be deterred from the server. This is not me but i hjave seen it happen on the Nerd Parade server a lot, like super a lot.

E. Condensing the raid time into just weekends and a load onto the server at peak times. Spread out server load i think as a admin would be a lot more preferable.

Hello Toph, and welcome aboard!

A) Everyones going to have life get in the way of game play, having structure protection on the weekdays allows people to commit a few hours here and there to build up, this would encourage more people on the server, and with the high stats, if they had to go somewhere and not play on the weekend, there is a rule no base wiping, dinos will prob be killed as people get off on that but he can tame more, or trade....

B) I found ORP2 was pointless, as many people who used ORP2 hardly played, and as soon as they were raided would leave... i also found there were a few bugs giving OP dinos/Structures... which is definitely an advantage people would use.. hence why i wont use it anymore.

C) going off the math, people have busy lives during the week, allowing structures to be damaged during that time, would hurt morale for many players as the cost benefit ratio is very low as soon as they try and build up, someone with more time would come along and clean them up.

D) see notes above, as you can choose your spawn points, if someone is griefing you, go somewhere else, start farming, doing what you can... and let that other person wait...wait and wait and waste their time.

E) Server will have a limit of 60 people, this may cause lag, most likely... but i can only do so much with what i have, plus having the weekend for raiding would bring more people on the server (rather than see randoms during the week), allow people to interact, trade and PvP, the map it big so hopefully it gets used... i can always add on another map if needed to split the population.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Brettis
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Christie Sims Fanclub

Post#15 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:05 am

I personally think orp2 is better even with the bugs it has, especially with how high the rates are going to be and short the time is between wipes.

Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Post#16 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:23 am

Hey munki.

If the base protection is going to be like it was before you added in the PvP clusters and what not I will 100% come back to the servers. ORP2 was okay but it left a very sour taste in my mouth with all the bugs it had and it was very clunky. As a solo player it was good to have time to rebuild but with ORP2 didnt really give me a chance to rebuild on the cluster as soon as people saw that you were online you would get raided and didnt have a chance to rebuild after the first raid.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#17 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:10 pm

+1 simply because it's better than it being never on. However locked into the weekly defense grind is a bit sucky too.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#18 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:11 pm

Someone has suggested using ORP2 as a intrusion log and not for defence, may use it without the protection which causes bug and issues, still thinking about it.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#19 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:33 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:Someone has suggested using ORP2 as a intrusion log and not for defence, may use it without the protection which causes bug and issues, still thinking about it.

While this does benefit people knowledge wise, it honestly gives no real advantage so it'd be an extra mod for no real reason...

Panda
Survivor
Tribe: NoNoNo

Post#20 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:33 pm

No advantage?
what if you went out to raid someone for a few hrs but during that time a tribe blows into your base, i know for sure i would love to know if someone is at my base so i can spawn back there to f them up. or even if you go to farm and some little shits wana soak ya turrets. i think its a good idea to have stops the little shit from atting while ya out and about all the time.