PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Should the PvP servers have structure protection?

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Should i enable structure protection on weekdays and allow raiding only on weekends?

You can't vote on this poll. Reason: You haven't posted in this topic.

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 13

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Re: Should the PvP servers have structure protection?

Post#21 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:23 am

Where's your sense of survival?

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#22 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:21 am

ORP2 wont be included as its been discontinued.

orp2.JPG
orp2.JPG (18.6 KiB) Viewed 13978 times
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Brettis
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Christie Sims Fanclub

Post#23 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:32 pm

if they've actually discontinued orp2, orp3 might be very close to being completed, could that possibly be looked at as an alternative when it's released?

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#24 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:48 pm

Brettis wrote:if they've actually discontinued orp2, orp3 might be very close to being completed, could that possibly be looked at as an alternative when it's released?

all the guys mods are now [Discontinued] - http://steamcommunity.com/id/blindmist/ ... pid=346110
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#25 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:56 pm

All 3 PvP servers

bLimitTurretsInRange=true
LimitTurretsRange=8000
LimitTurretsNum=150

Sanity
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Send Nootz

Post#26 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:44 pm

I dont know about the turret cap on an unofficial, it is causing quite an outrage on official especially if you're making dinos max out on level aswell as level 210 can just walk up on any base with a decent hp roll on anything with only 150 turrets

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#27 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:53 pm

Sanity wrote:I dont know about the turret cap on an unofficial, it is causing quite an outrage on official especially if you're making dinos max out on level aswell as level 210 can just walk up on any base with a decent hp roll on anything with only 150 turrets

I totally understand, more turrets = more protection...
but realistically the turrets will get drained no matter what.

but as previous people have mentioned throughout the years, raiding or even passing a base covered in turrets increases lag...
trust me, people will get in no matter what, expecially on a 20x server.

Sanity
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Send Nootz

Post#28 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:58 pm

That may be the case but wasnt the idea to limit offline raiding and more pvp? if someone can just walk up to your base on the back of a stego and blow in without a hitch that pushes more towards offline raiding and avoiding pvp

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#29 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:29 pm

Sanity wrote:That may be the case but wasnt the idea to limit offline raiding and more pvp? if someone can just walk up to your base on the back of a stego and blow in without a hitch that pushes more towards offline raiding and avoiding pvp

cant satisfy everyone, cant protect everyone

Crash
Survivor
Tribe: [Blackwatch]

Post#30 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:34 pm

Maybe but that's still a load of crap to limit turrets on an unofficial.

You're gonna have people wiping tribes with literally one dino and 0 need to heal = people leaving because there's no point = empty server.

I'm not seeing the logic in a turret cap on a 20x server that's only real raiding rule is no foundation wiping. Lag or no lag, half the point of raiding is being able to get past an enemy tribe's defences. 150- unless you're in a cave (and even then), you might as well just invite them in. You can argue "then defend it yourself" but I'm not seeing anything stopping cowardly 3am raids. "Can't protect everyone" well they're not even being protected with a turret cap.

I mean, sure, this is only my 2c, but 150 turret cap is f***ing stupid and I think everyone knows this.