PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Server Wiped due to corrupt map - 1/11/2015

Pay attention to this space; this is where server updates, notifications and scheduled downtime are posted.
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Server Wiped due to corrupt map - 1/11/2015

Post#1 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:03 pm

After the removal of the mods the server will no longer boot.
I have escalated the issue to my provider - awaiting their response.
In the meantime, i have stopped the server so no time passes in the game.

I will update this thread with more info when its available.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Fuggered
Dino Tamer
Tribe: The Immortals

Re: Server Down - 1/11/2015

Post#2 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:04 pm

Oh snap.... Hope it doesn't stay out all night, I have no life and need to play ark!

lol....

Fuggered
Dino Tamer

Post#3 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:28 pm

Is back up :)

cheers.

well it was lol....

So I was able to log in but my character is gone? wants me to make a new one.... plz tell me all our stuff isn't gone :(

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#4 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:38 pm

Ok bad news guys, after talking with my provider, the map seems to have been screwed up by the mods, the only solution is to load a fresh map, which means EVERYTHING was wiped.

I am sorry this had happened and more than happy to compensate some people to help start again, dinos will not be part of the compensation.
This was unexpected and unavoidable and believed this should never be possible but this is an Alpha game, and will never install mods on this server.

i know so many of you have put so much into this game :(
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Fuggered
Dino Tamer

Post#5 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:39 pm

Are you serious? I can't believe this, all the work I've done over the last few months..... I'm about done...

Can you put the mods back and reload a save?

or this is it everything is gone?

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Re: [Resolved] Server Down - 1/11/2015

Post#6 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:55 pm

Hey Fuggered,
I know, everyone has put a lot of effort into this game, but remember it is an alpha, i thought the mods would be stable enough, when removed would clear their data but instead fucked up the map.
Not much we can do here, the backup i have keeps crashing the game, so the only solution to make the server usable was to wipe it.

Fuggered
Dino Tamer

Post#7 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:59 pm

I understand it's an Alpha and things can happen. All servers have backups, I don't see why you can't load the backups from the previous day.

You said you can't, yup got it.. So what compensation are you talking about? You say no dinos, ok! so what exactly are you referring to?
Attachments
12182202_1502567203405302_298353684_n.jpg
12182202_1502567203405302_298353684_n.jpg (102.62 KiB) Viewed 10672 times

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#8 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:50 am

I will compensate metal building materials (walls, roofs,foundations...) as well as items such as furnaces, smithy ...
wont be enough to replace your previous base but enough for you to build a safe area.

I will be on from 6:30pm to 10pm to help anyone in need

Digger
Fresh Spawn

Re: Server Wiped due to corrupt map - 1/11/2015

Post#9 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:54 pm

Damn, That sucks moon rocks. For everyone.. Fuggerred ill take those tissues now , if there's any left :lol:
If im going to rebuild, i would like to do so on a server with more traffic.. would be great to get everyone building here again . If your moving and want a tribe member, {pickme-pickme}. if your staying {pickme-pickme}. even if your name is Fuggerred {pickme-pickme}. I need a Tribe!!!

So i hear this is the #1 Aus server (more active??)
I dont know nuffin about official servers, but arnt they all international. Timezones - im guessing high activity,carnage - better for war than build.. so i would like to stay. Digger out