PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Resolved] Servers Down after Update

Pay attention to this space; this is where server updates, notifications and scheduled downtime are posted.

Would you like the stacker mod removed to continue game play? (you will loose all stacked items)

Yes
No votes
No
5%
Prefer to wait
95%

Total votes: 19

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

[Resolved] Servers Down after Update

Post#1 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:17 am

Both TheIsland and TheCentre servers were updated at 5am, after this update they would not boot.
I am currently looking into it, and may have found the issue to be the Stacker Mod ... as if i remove these mods then the server boots.

Removing the stacker mod would delete ANYTHING that was stacked, so i would prefer not to do this.

I have posted on the mods discussion board, not much i can do unless people want it removed and lose all those resources.

Issue Resolved.

I suggest if you are still waiting, to either play on our SoTF server or Scored Earth (if you have it) Server until the issue is resolved, or watch the Naughty or Nice 100vs100 battle on Twitch.

Update 12pm
I have tried using a copy of some old server files for v253.5 but they didnt work.
Tried copying a brand new copy of the mod files over to both servers and neither works it appears to be an issue witht he mod and what the devs did to remove the Winter Event.
I have posted on the Mods discussion board but have not yet received a response

Update 3pm
I am running the servers without the mods as a place holder, so people who use the server browser will check the forums, and to keep the uptime from showing the server down as this reduces ranks on some top sites.
You wont loose anything as i have backed up the save files.

Update 4:42pm
Found the modder might not check the workshop discussion often, posted in his Steam Group Technical Issues / Bug Discussion Sub-Forum

Update 6pm
It looks like the devs have released an update, but doesnt seem to be public yet, will keep trying

Current Version: v253.86
* Fixed server crash when loading mods in previous build.

Update 6:30pm
Ok i was able to update the server, now TheIsland is running without issue, stacker mod is working ... doing TheCentre now
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: [04/Jan] Servers Down after Update

Post#2 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:05 pm

So from these issues, i have learned one lesson, backup the game before you apply updates so u can roll back ..
as this is on the new server i will need to move a few things around to give me more space ... so hopefully this doesnt happen again.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net