PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Hello :)

Hello and welcome, why not introduce yourself. Even if its just to say Hi!
nopulse
Fresh Spawn
Tribe:

Hello :)

Post#1 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:02 am

Hello, I found out about these servers through steam. Me and my son just recently bought Ark and would like to play on a family/friendly server.

Which server would you recommend and how do we go about joining?

Nitephyre
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Crucifier

Re: Hello :)

Post#2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:11 am

Welcome!

Your best bet would be to join the PvPvE whitelisted server, it only costs $5 per month per user. No structure damage, no raiding, PvP only if you feel like it and no planned wipe at this time.

Arky
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Prehistoric

Post#3 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:46 am

Hello and welcome.

I would also recommend the whitelist servers, especially for family value. There are a few families that play together on the whitelist cluster. Yell out if you decide to join the whitelist servers, just about all of us will give you a helping hand to get going.
ARKY

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#4 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:52 am

nopulse wrote:Hello, I found out about these servers through steam. Me and my son just recently bought Ark and would like to play on a family/friendly server.

Which server would you recommend and how do we go about joining?

Welcome to the PlayARK community nopulse.

For family value, i recommend the whitelist server, which costs $5/mo alternatively if you just want to get your feet wet without committing the money you can try the PvE cluster, there are about 4-6 people on that, and as PvE prevents raiding and killing players it limits your issues with certain players :p

Theres about 4-5 families on the whitelisted server, very friendly and as its a casual server, none of your stuff will get wiped.. so you can play without worries (aslong as you pay the $5/mo)

to sign up for the WL cluster, click the link at the top of the page (below the logo) called "Whitelist Signup"
fill out the form and make sure you provide the correct steam ID's, once i have confirmation of payment i will manually add those steam ID's to the servers so you can join, will notify you through email once its done.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#5 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Hi there nopulse, welcome!

TL;DR - go with the whitelisted cluster.

Pvp = might be ok at the moment as there are very few players on now as a wipe is on the way. After wipe, you are likely to be raided and i would not recommend it depending on the age of your son and what you intend to get out of the game (your stuff will most likely get killed by other players at some point). If you're up for learning pvp though, give it a shot, just be aware that re building your base (possibly more than once) and not getting attached to your dinos will be a part of the game.
Pve = no cost, no risk of other players destroying or killing your gear, good place to learn the game.
Pvpve (whitelisted cluster) = great family environment with a mix of young and older players and pve players and pvp players who have been "put out to pasture" so to speak. You will find lots of friendly players, help, and a great community. If you are unsure about the $5 I can say it's worth it and you can always pay per month to test it out if not sure.

Whatever you choose, feel free to ask questions on the forum or in game for a member of the community to help out as best they can. Good luck!

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#6 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:56 pm

Builder wrote: "put out to pasture"
:o :o :o

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#7 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:54 pm