PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Base Protection Enabled

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Base Protection Enabled

Post#1 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:03 pm

Greetings,
As there are a few well established tribes on this server and a few new players popping in,
I have decided to enable Base Protection on weekdays only.
Weekends will be a free for all.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Daxtillion
Survivor
Tribe:

Re: Base Protection Enabled

Post#2 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:03 pm

Hey Munki,
Thanks for the thread, If i may put forward my suggestion...
I can understand this decision but feel like this is a poor decission (for this server) this is (was when i joined) a PVPVE server on a "survival" game..
Getting raided is part of the game.. has happened to me countless times, Its part of the challenge and I think progression as well to establish base defense. I feel like disabling this action for the majority of time is breaking the core aspects of the game.
Just my 2 cents..

EDIT: Theres also an HEAP of random foundation structures littered across the map. One of which is preventing me expanding my base.. And i have no way to remove it now..
I think leaving it 1am - 7am or what ever it was , was fine, but to enable base protection for the entire week should be changed

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#3 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:01 am

Hey Daxtillion,
thanks for your feedback.

I believe a majority of the players only play occasionally during the week and weekends are where i see the higher player count (people have school/work) and I see a majority of the bases that do get raided are during the week when the server pop is at its lowest.
I believe giving the general player a chance to build up their base during the week gives them the chance to establish a secure base, which in turn brings more users to the game and more resources when the bases are raided.
If someone comes onto the server and builds a wooden base, it gets raided easily, they then leave because they have nothing to stay for, thus leaving all these 1/2 raided bases and crap laying all round the place.

As you also know getting a base secure takes a lot of resources and there aren't a lot of "groups" that join, but usually single players .. these guys in turn are forced to join larger tribes because they constantly get raided, thus creating a large tribe which in turn raids the smaller tribes, its a vicious circle which i am trying to get some pressure off the new player.

If you see structures that need to be removed, all you have to do is post ont he forum or PM me the co ordinates (and preferable a screenshot) and i will remove it.

P.S Raiding is part of the game but only a small faction, even though its the most fun part... people also like to train dinos and explore the map and make structures...

i am always welcome to criticism, please make yourselves heard
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#4 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:06 am

I am aware the base protection didn’t start at 12 midnight, it appears to be an issue with the server time, currently working on a solution.
Will update this post once i have the correct times setup.

Daxtillion
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#5 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:01 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:Hey Daxtillion,
thanks for your feedback.

I believe a majority of the players only play occasionally during the week and weekends are where i see the higher player count (people have school/work) and I see a majority of the bases that do get raided are during the week when the server pop is at its lowest.
I believe giving the general player a chance to build up their base during the week gives them the chance to establish a secure base, which in turn brings more users to the game and more resources when the bases are raided.
If someone comes onto the server and builds a wooden base, it gets raided easily, they then leave because they have nothing to stay for, thus leaving all these 1/2 raided bases and crap laying all round the place.

As you also know getting a base secure takes a lot of resources and there aren't a lot of "groups" that join, but usually single players .. these guys in turn are forced to join larger tribes because they constantly get raided, thus creating a large tribe which in turn raids the smaller tribes, its a vicious circle which i am trying to get some pressure off the new player.

If you see structures that need to be removed, all you have to do is post ont he forum or PM me the co ordinates (and preferable a screenshot) and i will remove it.

P.S Raiding is part of the game but only a small faction, even though its the most fun part... people also like to train dinos and explore the map and make structures...

i am always welcome to criticism, please make yourselves heard

Thanks for the detailed reply munki!
That is fair enough, I guess I saw it as a time that new players will be preparing defenses and larger players preparing ridiculous amounts of explosives etc. consequently ending in the same result each weekend, this might not be (hopefully won't be) the case.
I couldn't find a way to PM you on the forums in RE: to removing a foundation,
I was interested to know how well the protection times worked during the week? Eg. (12-7)
It's unfortuneate for me I guess that I work the majority of the weekends.
Again thanks for your reply, not trying to be an ass, just providing some feedback :)

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#6 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:54 pm

Daxtillion wrote:
DrunkMunki wrote:It's unfortuneate for me I guess that I work the majority of the weekends.

Doesn’t that mean you will have more time during the week to make a secure base?

Daxtillion
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#7 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:54 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:
Daxtillion wrote:
DrunkMunki wrote:It's unfortuneate for me I guess that I work the majority of the weekends.

Doesn’t that mean you will have more time during the week to make a secure base?

Im not worried about my base tbh, Just means that I wont have a whole lot of time with base protection disabled, Personally i feel like the server might as well be PVE instead of PVPVE right now, People generally know what they signing up for on a PVP server, and I think the majority of top clans respect new players, (least enough not to raid them and help them get started.