PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Suggestion

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Sp4zz13
Gatherer
Tribe: @The_Tribe

Suggestion

Post#1 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:17 pm

Munki,

While the mods have made the server unique, I believe they are preventing a number of players from joining the server. The major issue is the initial download and installation of the mods which normally timeout or lockup. When I first installed the mods I had to reboot my game about 5 times before I was able to get into the server, I only persisted with the installation as I already had an established character and base on the server. If I were a fresh player I would have given up and picked a different server just because of the hassle created by the download and installation of mods. In saying this, I do enjoy a number of the mods on the server, however, with player numbers at an all time low, I believe the mods need to be removed to allow new players to join easily. I also think the server should include 5x taming and 10x resources in the Server name to better advertise the features of this server.

Regards,

Spazziee

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: Suggestion

Post#2 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:34 pm

thanks for the suggestion,
I also know the mods are annoying, but we have had a bunch of new people... problem is as soon as they get raided people leave.

i am thinking of just removing the mods, but as other people play on the server i need a majority vote, please vote here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=138

If no one votes, mods will be removed next Monday (2/Nov/2015)
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net