PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Chat and stuff

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
chowdown
Gatherer
Tribe:

Chat and stuff

Post#1 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:51 am

Hi, I've got a few newbish  questions.

1. Is it possible to use a microphone on this server? I have never heard any voice type chat while playing here, but I have seen the little green microphone voice bubble. There was no sound.

2. If it is possible, do I need to get any extra software so that I can send and receive?

3. I've got auto-hide enabled, but is there a way of totally removing the voice chat stuff so that it only comes up when I want to see it? It pops up and clogs my screen at the worst possible times!

4. Is there a way of reading the server chat (chat log?) off-line?

Cheers

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: Chat and stuff

Post#2 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:38 am

Hello Chowdown,

1.yes, primary communication should be using voip chat, by pressing and holding b while you speak.

2. no extra software is needed as its part of steam, you can check your settings and test voip while in steam -> Steam (top left) -> settings -> voice -> Test microphone
If your microphone doesn’t work, check that the correct device is selected.

3. i believe you press the backspace key to hide the chat permanently? correct me if i'm wrong

4. no, only admins can do that

and Merry Christmas
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

chowdown
Gatherer
Tribe:

Post#3 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:28 pm

Thanks Munki.

1. If I press B is my voice going to be global or local? I pretty much only want to use it when I encounter someone else during my wanderings; I don't want to clog up everyone else's game with my ramblings.

2. How big is local?

Cheers, hope you're having a fine day

chowdown

Fuggered
Dino Tamer
Tribe: The Immortals

Post#4 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:40 pm

Hi mate. Voice chat is local (pressing B) and is limited, it doesn't travel far at all.

:)