PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Dinos and Respawns

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
padawan
Fresh Spawn
Tribe: Special Forces

Dinos and Respawns

Post#1 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:20 pm

This is my first post on the forums and i'm not sure on the best way to lay it out so i'm just going to post the issue.

#1. Every day for the last 3-4 days we have had dinos in our base just mysteriously disappear. No death notice, no trace, nothing. Now that this is a recurring daily problem for my tribe having to re-tame lost dinos we are getting incredibly frustrated. This leads into my next issue with how its happening.
#2. Respawn radius of resources. we are having issues with Rocks, trees respawning to close to our foundations that it is clipping through walls/dinos and such. This is causing problems for base security and the bigger issue, possibly pushing our dinos through the map, which is why they may be mysteriously disappearing with no death notice.

These are just the few issues i wanted to bring up and wanted to hear others feedback or what solutions could be taken to fix these recurring problems.

Khaledfornication
Survivor
Tribe: The Fourth Reich

Re: Dinos and Respawns

Post#2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:02 pm

We experienced the same issue of dinos disappearing due to resources respawning on top of them at our volcano base before the wipe.

Possibly raising the respawn radius slightly could help fix this, in the mean time it is best not to break rocks etc. inside your base so that dinos can't occupy the space they will respawn in.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#3 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:26 pm

ok, respawn radius for resources was 0.2, i have increased it to 1.5 so we shall see if this affects the disappearing dino issue.
will be applied next reboot
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Muddy
Dino Master
Tribe: A.E.S

Post#4 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:53 pm

Looks like you need to play with these settings more. Lost a ptera and have a rock that keeps spawning partly into my base and blocking the door :/

Muddy
Dino Master
Tribe: A.E.S

Post#5 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:30 am

As you can see. it is a problem. I was lucky I didn't lose my argent this time.

2016-02-21_00001.jpg
2016-02-21_00001.jpg (641.46 KiB) Viewed 8109 times

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#6 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:41 am

Hey Muddy,
Sorry i have been waiting for this v236 patch that was meant to be released like 4 days ago ...
With the server issues previously i restored an older config file when i reinstalled everything which till set the radius at 0.3, next reboot it will be 1.5 and no longer respawn near your base.
As the weekends are the busiest times, i will reboot at 5am Monday.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#7 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:38 am

Config changes have been implemented, let me know if any more dinos go missing