PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

The Centre Map Arena Events

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

The Centre Map Arena Events

Post#1 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi all,

For those of you who don't know me, or haven't played on a server with our tribe before, I am "Builder". We breed, trade, engage in a little friendly pvp, but most of all, enjoy building public areas on the server for the fun or utility of all. One such feature are the Arenas. The first of the arenas has just been finished, the "Dodo Pit". I will be posting events for the arenas here on this thread, as well as in Global chat on the Centre map server. Other players are of course welcome to host their own events at any time however I do ask that damages to the arena are reported to me or my tribe members and materials supplied for repair if needed (just don't use c4/rockets etc. and you should be fine).

If you would like to watch or even compete in an event, but don't play on the Centre map, you are welcome to log on during the event times and see if anyone can give you a lift to the arena as a spectator. Arena map coords are roughly 48 50 (gps doesn't seem to match up lately with map coords atm, I will, or someone else will, no doubt later post more up to date coords if these aren't correct).

First event: Friday January 27 at 7pm Melb/Syd time. "Dodo fights". We can negotiate the rules on the night or here, but essentially there are two main ways this can be done: each tribe or player pits their best dodo fighter one on one against another tribe's fighter in the pit, and they fight to the death (I hear some tribes on the Centre map have already started breeding prized dodo fighters ;) ) The winner is then healed up, and sent to fight against the next challenger until no challengers remain or the agreed upon rounds is concluded. Or.... two tribes can choose to pit multiple dodos against one another in the pit and see which is the last one standing.
*This can also later be done with other small dinos such as compys, troodons, dilos, etc. The dodo pit is only 3x3 so consider that.

Examples of other events:

1) "Taming champions": players from opposing tribes have a set time (such as two hours) to tame what ever they can and bring it to the arena. Once the time limit is up, only freshly tamed dinos in the arena are allowed to compete and it's basically last dino standing determines the winning tribe (so if you have one dino still down but almost tamed, you can't use it if the timer is up and it isn't ready and in the arena). Obviously there is an element of trust here, as not all spectators will be able to follow the competitors while they tame, and it is expected that they do not help them.
2) "Gladiators": Can be players or dinos. If players, can be *almost* any set weapons or unarmed rules discussed. If dinos, be aware that if you enter a dino that is fighting to the death, it of course has a chance at dying. That is what you agree to when entering it into the arena so don't put your prized breeder in there for instance and cry when it's killed. Some players may want to have a 'mercy' rule, whereby if they say or they type 'mercy' in global chat, the other player can choose to whistle passive to spare the other player's dino and win. But be aware that there is the chance the other player may not hear/read the plea, or choose not to do this, or whistle too late. I hope people will be good sports in this regard.
2) "Capture the dodo" (Anyone who's played flags should know the rules): Two or more teams enter the pit with the objective of 'capturing' the enemy's dodo and throwing it in their 'base'. Once they achieve that, they win. This can be played with either tranqs, or live ammo however if using live ammo there has to be an agreed upon number of sleeping bags brought so that certain players don't get more 'chances' than another, and I do ask that c4 and rockets are obviously not used as my metal arenas can only take so much punishment. This can also be played with a mixed tribe team, and be something other than a dodo that needs to be put in your 'base' to win. If using live ammo and KOS rules for players, an advised rule would be each player has 3 sleeping bags in the arena to spawn back to if killed (plus a box with spare ammo/armour) and a fourth sleeping bag up with the spectators so that when they die the fourth time, they are 'out' and must watch as a spectator.
*For a lot of these events, it is also expected that players don't 'cheat' by using anything other than prim. level gear. Looting the downed players is also something I personally am ok with but that can be discussed by the players on the days the events are held.

Obviously if there is an event on, more detail of rules for that event will be made clear. Also remember that the purpose of this is fun. If you see another player at the arena you have a grievance with, don't choose that time to engage in pvp and distract from the event. I'm not Munki, and don't intend to be putting energy into policing people too much in adhering to this, but consider the events a non-pvp time for spectators so that the event can continue. If you have a grievance with that player, wait until the event is over then engage in pvp if you so desire.

If you have any suggestions, I am happy to hear them here below. Enjoy!

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Re: The Centre Map Arena Events

Post#2 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:37 pm

A lot of those events sound really awesome.

The only problem I have found with arenas is that they usually take a lot of building items and ark has a lot of players with less than ideal PCs for the game. This causes all sorts of FPS issues and stuff. It's a pity there isn't a more natural arena spot we could use?

Builder
Ultimate Survivor

Post#3 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:29 am

Thankyou for all who participated!

An overview: I would argue that the final winners were possibly the Walrus Pit with their crazed dodos which defeated a number of contestants. However, McGuild came in as the late comers and appeared to completely destroy Walrus Pit's defender with their bred bird. The pit was a sad image of blood, feathers and naked men when we were done. Munki joined in with his colourful dodos, and in some cases, the dodos appeared more intend on attacking the pit than each other, but volunteers were always happy to jump in and redirect their attention. Some spectators also chose to enter the pit themselves and verse the brain wormed dodos, occasionally losing a finger or two in the act. The aftermath of the fun also saw spectators use the time for some friendly pvp. I will use this moment to remind people that while this is fine, please restrict pvp at these events to the arenas themselves and respect the wishes of any bystanders who just want to watch and not find themselves in the fray as well. To protect yourself from being an unwitting victim here, I might suggest people put anything of value on their mounts when they arrive as while I hope people will be honorable and leave others alone, there is still the risk of people being dicks on occasion.

Hopefully the larger gladiator arena will be done soon, and we can upgrade to larger dinos battles or organize players into teams for a game of "Flags". If these arenas aren't ready by next week, we can always drop some troodons into the arena and see who can last the longest against them with nothing but a shield or their fists? >:)

If anyone can tell me how to add photos to these threads I'd love to add screen shots from these events.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#4 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:01 am

one word ... Jousting :D

to add attachments, click the bottom where it says "Attachments" click on add files and choose the image ...
once uploaded, click on place inline to include in your post.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Builder
Ultimate Survivor

Post#5 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:09 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:one word ... Jousting :D

I can most definitely create a jousting section in the larger gladiator arena :D we can hold para, frog, raptor, beer horse and other dino jousting events :D :D

Builder
Ultimate Survivor

Post#6 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:11 pm

20170127194605_1.jpg
20170127194605_1.jpg (433.8 KiB) Viewed 8977 times
20170127194110_1.jpg
20170127194110_1.jpg (406.51 KiB) Viewed 8977 times
20170127193321_1.jpg
20170127193321_1.jpg (525.33 KiB) Viewed 8977 times

Builder
Ultimate Survivor

Post#7 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:26 pm

The Arena is now completed and open for jousting or gladiator sports ;) Next will be building mini bases in the arena for games of Red vs. Blue, "Conquest" or "Capture the Flag" *cough dodo* etc.

20170204234849_1.jpg
20170204234849_1.jpg (468.49 KiB) Viewed 8959 times

20170204234745_1.jpg
20170204234745_1.jpg (432.37 KiB) Viewed 8959 times

20170204234721_1.jpg
20170204234721_1.jpg (379.95 KiB) Viewed 8959 times

Beowulf
Dino Tamer
Tribe: The Fellowship

Post#8 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:03 pm

This sounds awesome. Is there anything like this on the Island server?

Builder
Ultimate Survivor

Post#9 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:56 pm

Beowulf wrote:This sounds awesome. Is there anything like this on the Island server?

Not unless you or someone wants to build it I guess ;) but if you ever want to muck around w it jump onto the Centre map. I'll try to let ppl know here when we have a big event, so far a lot has been spur of the moment things and we put something out on global. Maybe if you know anyone playing on the Centre map steam message them if interested :) Hoping to do a game of "Flags" nextweek ;) so far about 6-7 ppl are interested but more ppl = more fun

d3p014
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Gypsy Roamers

Post#10 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:27 am

Hey guys

I d3p0 will humbly accept the defeat we suffered in the Dodo Pit at the hands of McGuild's Dodo, ( I would like a urine sample to test for signs of enduro stew however lolz)

We here at The Walrus Pit accept all new challengers and have some drug free dodo's we can supply any Island residents who choose to travel to these events. Dinos for other events will be made available once we get a good idea of the best mounts being used.

See you in arena folks :)