PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

the Island, Wipe?

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Elusive Pastry
Survivor
Tribe: 19th

Re: the Island, Wipe?

Post#11 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:52 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:
Sol wrote:so the scheduled event happened and from the post, no one turned up.

is it going to wipe at the 6month mark ?

There will be no wipe until AFTER i get the SSD's as there will be downtime and will do it then.
All servers will be wiped at the same time.

Any rough ETA on that at all?

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#12 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:13 pm

Elusive Pastry wrote:Any rough ETA on that at all?

ETA is based on Donations on front page, once that reaches 100% i can then proceed, otherwise depending on my finances may be quicker or longer... my current financial trend if no one donated is around end of april.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#13 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:57 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:

ETA is based on Donations on front page, once that reaches 100% i can then proceed, otherwise depending on my finances may be quicker or longer... my current financial trend if no one donated is around end of april.

It takes a special kind of man to put up his own hard earned coin to do something that primarily makes others than him happy.

Should see if the pope could saint you, or maybe the ex-PM Tony Abbott could give you a knighthood.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#14 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:02 am

King_Kiff wrote:
DrunkMunki wrote:

It takes a special kind of man to put up his own hard earned coin to do something that primarily makes others than him happy.

Should see if the pope could saint you, or maybe the ex-PM Tony Abbott could give you a knighthood.

I reckon one server, probably the Brisbane one, could be used as an earner. I would certainly pay a nominal fee per month to use a server that had a marginal number of mods like S+ and Poop and Egg Collector :mrgreen: so long as it had reduced slots (35 maybe), no wipe policy, and I really don't care if PvE or PvP however if PvP have structure protection permanent. If it had a full population paying $10 a month the server rentals are covered, and people like me who work long hours and weekends can log on whenever they want to their base and do a bit to relax. Regular wipes are painful to the casual player, particularly due to the re-levelling. $10 is nothing per month for the entertainment value of this game.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#15 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:43 am

Yeah, I am also kind of finding it hard to both commit time to the game in general and to find the motivation to play.

Between having a job and or having a girlfriend the game becomes a real struggle to enjoy.

I'd definitely also be happy paying a monthly fee to enjoy a server be it PvP or PvE; even if it has no wipes, as long as it's discussed and mentioned PRIOR to it's opening. I'd like to enjoy ark at my own leisure once again.

Prefer if this particular server had 1-2 man tribes and NO alliances.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor

Post#16 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:50 am

Gambit wrote:Prefer if this particular server had 1-2 man tribes and NO alliances.

That's a good call actually.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#17 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:35 am

DattoSSS wrote:
Gambit wrote:Prefer if this particular server had 1-2 man tribes and NO alliances.

I was thinking of making the PvP server after wipe max 2 players, maybe 3 (1 is a bit tough, if you wanna play with friends) and no alliances.

i suggest people put in their suggestions so i know what might be a good fit when we wipe soon.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#18 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:07 am

DrunkMunki wrote:
DattoSSS wrote:

I was thinking of making the PvP server after wipe max 2 players, maybe 3 (1 is a bit tough, if you wanna play with friends) and no alliances.

i suggest people put in their suggestions so i know what might be a good fit when we wipe soon.
Easy for me to say since there's only two people in my tribe but 2 seems like a good number. I like the resource rates if anything they could go lower and transform instead to way faster tame and breeding rates. Let's be honest sitting underwater for 50 mins waiting for a mosa to tame isn't fun. The faster the breeding and taming rates the more people are likely to risk their dinos, it also has the potential of changing who's alpha far faster as resource collecting is easy once you know what you're doing.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor

Post#19 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:26 pm

Ragnarok wrote:
DrunkMunki wrote:
DattoSSS wrote:

Easy for me to say since there's only two people in my tribe but 2 seems like a good number. I like the resource rates if anything they could go lower and transform instead to way faster tame and breeding rates. Let's be honest sitting underwater for 50 mins waiting for a mosa to tame isn't fun. The faster the breeding and taming rates the more people are likely to risk their dinos, it also has the potential of changing who's alpha far faster as resource collecting is easy once you know what you're doing.

I fully agree with Rag and Gambit. Tribe maximum of 2 however can have more on application to Admin (for families etc)

I also agree that taming and breeding rates should be increased, however as an offshoot to that if we stay PvP I suggest passives become fair game, however form part of an 'excessive damage' assessment.

OUT OF LEFT FIELD:

If we are spitballing on a whole new server I would suggest a notation in the tribe name PvP or PvE. PvP can be raided and killed and are allowed to raid and kill. PvE cannot be raided and are not allowed to take part in raids. Sanction will be demolition of base by Admin, not a ban. I.E. "Tribe of DattoSSS PvE" cannot be raided, and cannot take part in a raid" "Tribe of Ragnorak PvP" can be raided, and can take part in a raid against other PvP designates. If "Tribe of Ragnorak PvP" raids "Tribe of Gambit PvP" that is cool, but if "Tribe of DattoSSS PvE" takes part and shows up on Gambits tribe log a complaint is made and Munki demolishes my base as sanction.

You can really tell when I drink too much coffee :shock:

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#20 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:32 pm

DattoSSS wrote:If we are spitballing on a whole new server I would suggest a notation in the tribe name PvP or PvE. PvP can be raided and killed and are allowed to raid and kill. PvE cannot be raided and are not allowed to take part in raids. Sanction will be demolition of base by Admin, not a ban. I.E. "Tribe of DattoSSS PvE" cannot be raided, and cannot take part in a raid" "Tribe of Ragnorak PvP" can be raided, and can take part in a raid against other PvP designates. If "Tribe of Ragnorak PvP" raids "Tribe of Gambit PvP" that is cool, but if "Tribe of DattoSSS PvE" takes part and shows up on Gambits tribe log a complaint is made and Munki demolishes my base as sanction.

I can see this being abused a lot, if you want to PvE then go on one of the PvE servers i will be setting up, PvP and PvE should remain seperate.. would cause alot of shit and more work for me.

im thinking of using the Brisbane server for PvE and Sydney for some PvP and other servers ... we shall see how it goes, but once i get storage i can setup some smaller ones and go from there.

Linked servers will be PvE only, just a FYI unless there is increase demand, but i can see a large portion of the PlayARK user base are PvE players (and the ones that donate/support us).