PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

the Island, Wipe?

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Re: the Island, Wipe?

Post#21 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:14 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:
DattoSSS wrote:If we are spitballing on a whole new server I would suggest a notation in the tribe name PvP or PvE. PvP can be raided and killed and are allowed to raid and kill. PvE cannot be raided and are not allowed to take part in raids. Sanction will be demolition of base by Admin, not a ban. I.E. "Tribe of DattoSSS PvE" cannot be raided, and cannot take part in a raid" "Tribe of Ragnorak PvP" can be raided, and can take part in a raid against other PvP designates. If "Tribe of Ragnorak PvP" raids "Tribe of Gambit PvP" that is cool, but if "Tribe of DattoSSS PvE" takes part and shows up on Gambits tribe log a complaint is made and Munki demolishes my base as sanction.

I can see this being abused a lot, if you want to PvE then go on one of the PvE servers i will be setting up, PvP and PvE should remain seperate.. would cause alot of shit and more work for me.

im thinking of using the Brisbane server for PvE and Sydney for some PvP and other servers ... we shall see how it goes, but once i get storage i can setup some smaller ones and go from there.

Linked servers will be PvE only, just a FYI unless there is increase demand, but i can see a large portion of the PlayARK user base are PvE players (and the ones that donate/support us).

Agreed, see - too much coffee. At least I dont have to collect my poop and eggs anymore :mrgreen:

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#22 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:26 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:Linked servers will be PvE only
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *catches breath* oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Brettis
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Christie Sims Fanclub

Post#23 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:10 pm

Wait so the cross server transfer servers wont be PVP? That seems so silly. And 2 player tribe limits? Whats wrong with having a 6 man alpha on the server, it gives other tribes an enemy to beat. The game is PVP for a fucking reason the people who complain about getting raided or complain about big alphas should just play PVE.

I was really looking forward to having 3 PVP servers linked in a cluster and most of the people I talk to on SE seem to think the same way. I wasn't playing when the other vote for cross transfers went through, but from the looks of it the people that were strongly against it have probably never played SE or not played it enough to know that wyverns/rock eles arent op at all.

Beowulf
Dino Tamer
Tribe: The Fellowship

Post#24 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:23 pm

DattoSSS wrote:...can log on whenever they want to their base and do a bit to relax. Regular wipes are painful to the casual player, particularly due to the re-levelling.

The re levelling is the main pain at xp rates <5
Maybe donators get to keep their character level ;)

I also agree taming & breeding should be a higher rates.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#25 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:53 pm

Ragnarok wrote:
DrunkMunki wrote:Linked servers will be PvE only
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *catches breath* oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Good call munki

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#26 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Brettis wrote:Wait so the cross server transfer servers wont be PVP? That seems so silly. And 2 player tribe limits? Whats wrong with having a 6 man alpha on the server, it gives other tribes an enemy to beat. The game is PVP for a fucking reason the people who complain about getting raided or complain about big alphas should just play PVE.

I was really looking forward to having 3 PVP servers linked in a cluster and most of the people I talk to on SE seem to think the same way. I wasn't playing when the other vote for cross transfers went through, but from the looks of it the people that were strongly against it have probably never played SE or not played it enough to know that wyverns/rock eles arent op at all.

Whoever you talked to wasnt the majority, you know who raids on SE, theres only 1 or 2 tribes... everyone else just puts up with it...
TheIsland and TheCentre are the same... servers are PvP and look at it 80-90% are people who are just playing PvE and deal with it if they get raided, they dont retaliate, plan an attack or KoS ...

"it gives other tribes an enemy to beat" .... like the Bronies on TheCentre (which no one has attacked), like the Church of England on Scorched Earth (which no one has attacked)... like the Friendly Roleplayers on The Centre... when a tribe gets large and in a position to be an impossoiible target... players dont bother to go for "large" alpha tribes... i have been lucky to have some Alphas who help out... but PvP in ark is dying, the grind and time involved makes people quit when all their hard work is undone, hence why since a majority of players are PvE... they get the 3 servers to help spread out the load, want PvP ... sit on one of the PvP servers and the PvE players tend to donate, which pays the bills!
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#27 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:29 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:
Brettis wrote:the Bronies on TheCentre (which no one has attacked), like the Church of England on Scorched Earth (which no one has attacked)... like the Friendly Roleplayers on The Centre... when a tribe gets large and in a position to be an impossoiible target... players dont bother to go for "large" alpha tribes... i have been lucky to have some Alphas who help out... but PvP in ark is dying, the grind and time involved makes people quit when all their hard work is undone, hence why since a majority of players are PvE... they get the 3 servers to help spread out the load, want PvP ... sit on one of the PvP servers and the PvE players tend to donate, which pays the bills!
Sadly this is true, kiff is the only person that has had the balls to attempt us since we joined. And on the whole helping out side of thing I think it was fair to say on previous wipes we were pretty helpful, we gave away kibble, dinos, even the odd quetz. When joining the center this time we decided we were going to be assholes for once and man is it a lot more fun. However people not retaliating at all is getting beyond boring. The issue is gather rates are so high but people still don't take advantage of it. People build right next to metal spawns and still build their base outta stone and leave it stone. Couple this with slow dino rates and it means you appeal to more of a pve player and the odd serious pvp player out for a real challenge. Only servers I have played on that had pvp all the time was times 30-50 servers. Issue is those servers are so boring gathering wise/building wise you get bored of them within a few hours.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#28 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:07 am

Ragnarok wrote:
DrunkMunki wrote:
Brettis wrote:the Bronies on TheCentre (which no one has attacked), like the Church of England on Scorched Earth (which no one has attacked)... like the Friendly Roleplayers on The Centre... when a tribe gets large and in a position to be an impossoiible target... players dont bother to go for "large" alpha tribes... i have been lucky to have some Alphas who help out... but PvP in ark is dying, the grind and time involved makes people quit when all their hard work is undone, hence why since a majority of players are PvE... they get the 3 servers to help spread out the load, want PvP ... sit on one of the PvP servers and the PvE players tend to donate, which pays the bills!
Sadly this is true, kiff is the only person that has had the balls to attempt us since we joined. And on the whole helping out side of thing I think it was fair to say on previous wipes we were pretty helpful, we gave away kibble, dinos, even the odd quetz. When joining the center this time we decided we were going to be assholes for once and man is it a lot more fun. However people not retaliating at all is getting beyond boring. The issue is gather rates are so high but people still don't take advantage of it. People build right next to metal spawns and still build their base outta stone and leave it stone. Couple this with slow dino rates and it means you appeal to more of a pve player and the odd serious pvp player out for a real challenge. Only servers I have played on that had pvp all the time was times 30-50 servers. Issue is those servers are so boring gathering wise/building wise you get bored of them within a few hours.

We cant help bad players being bad sadly :/

El_Jefe
Dino Tamer
Tribe: CNA

Post#29 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:23 am

King_Kiff wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:
DrunkMunki wrote:

We cant help bad players being bad sadly :/

We sure can't Kiffy, we sure can't ;)