PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Open Discussion: Rules Review & Changes

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: Open Discussion: Rules Review & Changes

Post#41 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:53 pm

Silversage wrote:Only one i can see getting abused is this:
A raid is considered started when the first structure within the targets base is destroyed (creating a log entry).

This allows them to Soak your turrets, kill your attack dino's and so on, then when you have nothing left they can destroy a structure and the raid begins, leaving them another 4 hours, Since Soaking is not raiding and killing attack dino's is PVP.

nothing could have prevented that pre new rules, still could do the same thing .. shits gonna happen no matter what and its totally unpreventable, hence why the rules are now bare bones, its pvp, thats gonna happen, now you have to design your base around it ... up to u to make some turrets players only, some wild ... some tamed ... or other methods.
your now on your own unless its provable :) welcome to PvP :mrgreen:
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#42 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:49 pm

I think these new rules are a step in the right direction, but there is still a large number of them and a significant headache for the one admin.

I myself have a romantic notion of playing PvP and raiding but the reality is I play like a PvE player. I have too much going on in my base alone to find the time to raid and fight.

Ultimately I would like to see a PvE server set up, or PvP server so we can damage each other, that has constant 24/7 structure protection to prevent raids (or ORP2). I would also like to see in conjunction, a PvP server with no rules except the mandatory no hax, bullying or resource griefing. True PvP - like officials, where you can have every last wall panel wiped, every dino killed, every piece of your Ark base fully wiped.

You choose a raiding server, you take what comes with it. Dont wanna raid or get raided, jump on the protected server.

My opinion only, we all have different expectations of what the game should be.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#43 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:54 pm

DattoSSS wrote:I think these new rules are a step in the right direction, but there is still a large number of them and a significant headache for the one admin.

I myself have a romantic notion of playing PvP and raiding but the reality is I play like a PvE player. I have too much going on in my base alone to find the time to raid and fight.

Ultimately I would like to see a PvE server set up, or PvP server so we can damage each other, that has constant 24/7 structure protection to prevent raids (or ORP2). I would also like to see in conjunction, a PvP server with no rules except the mandatory no hax, bullying or resource griefing. True PvP - like officials, where you can have every last wall panel wiped, every dino killed, every piece of your Ark base fully wiped.

You choose a raiding server, you take what comes with it. Dont wanna raid or get raided, jump on the protected server.

My opinion only, we all have different expectations of what the game should be.
Issue I think with this is with the times 5 breeding people are overly protective of their dinos. Dunno how many times I've tried to start an air battle with someone for the hell of it and I get "What are you doing?" thrown back at me. It's like PVP is in the name.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor

Post#44 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:03 pm

Ragnarok wrote:Issue I think with this is with the times 5 breeding people are overly protective of their dinos. Dunno how many times I've tried to start an air battle with someone for the hell of it and I get "What are you doing?" thrown back at me. It's like PVP is in the name.

Very true mate. I just feel from 12 months on the servers that the reality no-one wants to admit is that most of the server population is leading a PvE game, and they complain bitterly when they get raided. From that all those rules are borne.

I see a lot of merit in having a PvE server and a PvP server, PvE doesnt need 3 pages of rules and the PvP server can be a full blown wipe or be wiped scenario with only the mandatory rules, about 4 lines worth.

Munki is a good bloke and a bloody good admin, most active I have seen. However the players need to address what they actually want in the game before he can provide the platform.

In my case, real life is so busy I need PvE. It's as simple as that
Last edited by DattoSSS on Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#45 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:06 pm

new rules reduce the load on me but i understand some aspects people want and need, passive dino protection (cant have people wiping out everyones dinos) and structure protection (cant have people wiping out hours of grinding to make a base)

im allowing dinos during pvp and raiding to be killed, which is a lot of my overhead, and excessive damage which i will review case by case basis.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#46 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:09 pm

The revisions all look pretty good. 2 suggestions;

Base Attack/Raid Rules:
The purpose of a raid is to steal supplies and information, not to take over a base or cause great harm. To this end when performing a raid the following rules are in effect:
-When attacking a base during a raid you may only cause the smallest amount of damage possible to get at what you need. Please note there may be collateral damage around Vaults, as this is unavoidable its not classified as excessive damage.
-A raid is considered started when the first structure within the targets base is destroyed (creating a log entry). Add when the first dino is killed i.e. first turtle is killed whilst tanking turrets the raid has begun
-A raid must not last longer than 4 hours (this is plenty of time to get what you need and leave).
-You are allowed to return to your base for resources and dinos to continue raiding within those 4 hours.
-You CANNOT raid the same tribe’s base twice within 9 days (give them a chance to rebuild).
-You may not turn dinos into shields to protect your base (e.g surrounding your base and putting on passive to prevent raiding). If -you do this, that dino will be considered collateral damage and void of protection by these rules.
-Turrets are permitted to be on any setting but must be used to defend a base and not be used for harassment (scattering around the map), recommended having signs around base.
-If a tribe has multiple bases, each base can be raided only once that weekend, same structure cannot be re-raided until after 9 days.
-A base being open (doors open...) doesn't exclude it from any damage, it may allow easy of access but other factors (potential trap, hidden explosives, hidden turrets...) may result in damage to items within the structure.

Are we still doing the can't raid the same tribes every weekend rule too? That was a big draw card for me, I don't have the time to recover from weekly raids by the same people.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor

Post#47 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:32 pm

King_Kiff wrote:Add when the first dino is killed i.e. first turtle is killed whilst tanking turrets the raid has begun

Only issue here is how do you know if its someone raiding or riding past that gets killed. A turtle may be obvious but a quetz may be an unlucky low flyer. That then means that person cant engage if they want to for 9 days

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#48 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:27 pm

DattoSSS wrote:
King_Kiff wrote:Add when the first dino is killed i.e. first turtle is killed whilst tanking turrets the raid has begun

Only issue here is how do you know if its someone raiding or riding past that gets killed. A turtle may be obvious but a quetz may be an unlucky low flyer. That then means that person cant engage if they want to for 9 days

I'm pretty sure we all would know the difference. One would be a singular death.

the other would be the death of a dino followed by the wall of red text that a raid generates. Its just used as an indicator of when a raid started not that a raid took place. It would be silly to think that if i died flying into your turrets that I then could not raid for 9 days.

Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Post#49 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:15 am

I like the idea of either: First dino death or structure destroyed, I understand there are variables but really once bullets have been soaked up the raid would barely last an hour beyond, if that....

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor

Post#50 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:02 pm

Sekhmet114 wrote:I like the idea of either: First dino death or structure destroyed, I understand there are variables but really once bullets have been soaked up the raid would barely last an hour beyond, if that....

I think what Kiff is aiming at is people will soak your bullets all week, using turtles, quetzes or gigas with high health and saddles. If managed poorly, particularly with turtles, the dino will die.

I agree that common sense would tell you when a raid is starting or a low flying duck gets minced, however we are talking about rules which need to be black and white, as sure as eggs (poop and egg collector :mrgreen: ) a highly emotional player will argue the toss.