PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Tribes selfishly taming to many dinos causing lag

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Silversage
Dino Tamer
Tribe: House Stark

Re: Tribes selfishly taming to many dinos causing lag

Post#11 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:39 pm

King_Kiff wrote:
Silversage wrote:100-150 imo, Does anyone even have 100+ dino?

yes several tribes would be over the 100 mark.

150 is starting to seem like the fair number.

Agreed, hundreds of dino's is not needed at all, Be great if they allowed server config to Limit dino's by type.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#12 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:21 pm

Silversage wrote:
King_Kiff wrote:
Silversage wrote:100-150 imo, Does anyone even have 100+ dino?

yes several tribes would be over the 100 mark.

Agreed, hundreds of dino's is not needed at all, Be great if they allowed server config to Limit dino's by type.

I am all for Munki introducing a limit, but not by dino type. I could be wrong, but I am very sure that when it comes to dino coding, 1 dino is the same as any other 1 so 20 rexes or 20 gigas is the same as say 20 dodos or dimorphs even though the dodos and dimorphs take up less space. It's because the game still has to code through the dino's inventories, stats, animations, etc. regardless of the physical space the dino's mesh takes up. It is the argument I have had with a certain tribe member where I have told him to sort his dimorphs down to his favourite 20-30 because I am putting a bullet to the rest if he doesn't or at least kill them off in pvp.

Ragnarok wrote:One way that would easily remove the need for countless dinos would be the kibble table. You buy kibble for raw metal.

^this. Even with an egg farm where only the imprinting/important tame egg dinos are really kept and are limited to one male and one or two females, it adds up.

Another thing to consider is that the Centre map itself is a larger map than the island and still more buggy. Not to mention the fact that the lag will only get worse as more and more players join, and more bases pop up and get filled with more dinos. So far I have not seen the Centre map have much more than near half full players on at any one time, so we can only expect it to get worse, even if tribes such as ours start a cull.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#13 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:05 pm

Builder wrote:
Silversage wrote:
King_Kiff wrote:yes several tribes would be over the 100 mark.

I am all for Munki introducing a limit, but not by dino type. I could be wrong, but I am very sure that when it comes to dino coding, 1 dino is the same as any other 1 so 20 rexes or 20 gigas is the same as say 20 dodos or dimorphs even though the dodos and dimorphs take up less space. It's because the game still has to code through the dino's inventories, stats, animations, etc. regardless of the physical space the dino's mesh takes up. It is the argument I have had with a certain tribe member where I have told him to sort his dimorphs down to his favourite 20-30 because I am putting a bullet to the rest if he doesn't or at least kill them off in pvp.

Ragnarok wrote:One way that would easily remove the need for countless dinos would be the kibble table. You buy kibble for raw metal.

^this. Even with an egg farm where only the imprinting/important tame egg dinos are really kept and are limited to one male and one or two females, it adds up.

Another thing to consider is that the Centre map itself is a larger map than the island and still more buggy. Not to mention the fact that the lag will only get worse as more and more players join, and more bases pop up and get filled with more dinos. So far I have not seen the Centre map have much more than near half full players on at any one time, so we can only expect it to get worse, even if tribes such as ours start a cull.

That is besides the fact, this needs to happen. We can only do as much as we can on our servers, we are not devs that can re code the game. I also believe that limiting the number of tames to 150 will help significantly.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#14 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:26 pm

King_Kiff wrote:
That is besides the fact, this needs to happen. We can only do as much as we can on our servers, we are not devs that can re code the game. I also believe that limiting the number of tames to 150 will help significantly.

I agree that limiting dinos to 150 give or take will help significantly, especially on the Centre where the map is buggy and huge compared to the island. My comment regarding coding is in relation to Silver's comment about putting a cap on dinos by type. I think it would be better and simpler to just have it as a cap of total dinos per tribe.

Also Ragnar's idea of a kibble exchange could also help out in a big way.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#15 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:44 pm

Builder wrote:
King_Kiff wrote:

I agree that limiting dinos to 150 give or take will help significantly, especially on the Centre where the map is buggy and huge compared to the island. My comment regarding coding is in relation to Silver's comment about putting a cap on dinos by type. I think it would be better and simpler to just have it as a cap of total dinos per tribe.

Also Ragnar's idea of a kibble exchange could also help out in a big way.

I can hear munkis thoughts now though.

"more mods, FFS, why more mods? Constantly with the mods..."

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#16 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:56 pm

Stick wrote:The Center is extremely laggy Datto hence the reason this thread has started. I have not experienced it being this bad for the last year playing on Munkis servers.

I have quite a bit of history with you Stick, so I certainly take your comments on board. The Centre as we all know was a mod, which was so good it was taken on by WC as was the modder, as part of their business plan. I remember playing on official Center server 453 and having 60fps on one side of a hill, and 10 fps on the other. It's always been a spectacular map, but with huge flaws. It's actually my preferred map, however the terrain glitches turned me off it.

That being said, when a member of another tribe logs on and the server lag spikes, that is an issue - and a big one. It could be that they have huge ping, or that they have memory injection (hopefully not), or perhaps it is a huge base with massive dino herd.

I see two flaws in the developers response, one that they have caused the issue through imprint and kibble requirements (poop and egg collector :mrgreen: ), and secondly the dino restriction is per tribe. Technically as a solo on an official I can have 400 dinos, so can my solo neighbour, and every other solo on the server.

I don't have an answer to the lag problem, and I don;t think dino caps will fix it, but it is worth a try.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#17 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:04 pm

just a FYI for reference....

I counted 175 dinos in this pic.
dinos.jpg
dinos.jpg (154.96 KiB) Viewed 7950 times

and around 90 in this pic
bronies.jpg
bronies.jpg (53.75 KiB) Viewed 7949 times
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#18 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:26 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:just a FYI for reference....

I counted 175 dinos in this pic.
dinos.jpg

and around 90 in this pic
bronies.jpg

Thanks munki for showing that this wasn't just directed at one single tribe. It is a systemic problem across all 3 servers I am sure.

Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Post#19 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:38 am

At the very least people should strive to have their 'egg farm' out of render of the main base - for their safety as well as game load issues....

As mentioned before there can be a kibble exchange, a public egg barn even with donated dinos?

Sol
Survivor
Tribe: Wardogs

Post#20 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:47 am

i think this is a great idea, 150 dinos!