PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Tribes selfishly taming to many dinos causing lag

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Re: Tribes selfishly taming to many dinos causing lag

Post#21 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:37 am

So what do you think munki can we set the limit to 150 and see how we go?

Give people a few days notice to thin out the herd. If applied now some people would simply loose the ability to tame, breed or claim dinos and babies.

Bluebaron
Survivor
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#22 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:30 pm

I honestly think a very public large egg farm placed where no one goes very often would be good option to reduce the dino related lag spikes by a fair margin without making the Dino cap too low. Currently im pretty sure the half burnt island on the center is open and has no one on it we we placed it on the back of that island it should be a great place.

If there was one massive public farm most of the bigger tribes and even the smaller tribes could have all the kibble they need with out having to trade off both fps and high amounts of lag spikes for their kibble.

Our tribe will be happy to go tame and provide some of the kibble dinos needed as well as dino guards turrets etc

The main issue is who's tribe will all the dinos belong too which it may be best if they all belong to the admin tribe/munki and having everything public like the pub.

RangiNZ
Survivor
Tribe: Badlands Abortionists

Post#23 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:42 pm

As a new Tribe trying to set up an egg farm, we would love a public egg farm or just a way of trading for eggs/kibble. We only have a small base and I will cull our egg farm at the drop of a hat provided there is some kind of alternative.

Edit: Also happy with a tamed dino limit of 150-200 per Tribe.
Last edited by RangiNZ on Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#24 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Bluebaron wrote:I honestly think a very public large egg farm placed where no one goes very often would be good option to reduce the dino related lag spikes by a fair margin without making the Dino cap too low. Currently im pretty sure the half burnt island on the center is open and has no one on it we we placed it on the back of that island it should be a great place.

If there was one massive public farm most of the bigger tribes and even the smaller tribes could have all the kibble they need with out having to trade off both fps and high amounts of lag spikes for their kibble.

Our tribe will be happy to go tame and provide some of the kibble dinos needed as well as dino guards turrets etc

The main issue is who's tribe will all the dinos belong too which it may be best if they all belong to the admin tribe/munki and having everything public like the pub.

Public eggs farms will not help the issue of to many tame dino at all. In reality you don't need a massive egg farm. One or two target species dinos at a time until you have enough eggs then kill them off and change species. Plus you are forgetting the value of mutton as a kib alternative.

Swish
Gatherer
Tribe: Belan

Post#25 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:12 pm

Sekhmet114 wrote:At the very least people should strive to have their 'egg farm' out of render of the main base - for their safety as well as game load issues....

As mentioned before there can be a kibble exchange, a public egg barn even with donated dinos?

Good to see this moved to a constructive place, the in-game passions were running darn high.

I can see why people and Munki would be against more addons (headaches) but if this is a measure which can drastically lower his overhead and micromanagement i.e Replying to PM's titled "Munki, the servers lagging" then there's merit. The drawbacks are obvious, increased load times - mod/game version mismatches.

I strongly feel these negatives (and the other obvious ones) would be outweighed by the positives given the evidence provided by Kiff.

Bluebaron
Survivor

Post#26 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:45 pm

I think 1 singular public egg farm will be enough to limit the dinos a fair amount at the very least by around 50-100 also mutton is not as effective as kibble for quite a few dinos its just faster, as well as sheep being very rare lower level tribes would not be able to set up a sheep farm easily as a kibble farm and I'm sure mutton prices would be the same as kibble prices or higher. however i would be fine with a dino cap 150 should be enough we can always extend it later if a mass of new dinos are released if need be.

T3aSpoon
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Bronies

Post#27 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:32 pm

Wipe every 3 months. Sorted.

Elusive Pastry
Survivor
Tribe: 19th

Post#28 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:00 pm

I very much like the idea of some form of egg exchange system.

Literally three quarters of our dinos (not that we have heaps) are purely for egg farming, and I imagine lots of tribes are similar.

This would help far more than the 150 dino limit IMHO (not saying that that isn't also a good idea).

Ragnarok
Veteran

Post#29 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:01 pm

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =774762563
That would eliminate the need for atleast 50% of the average tribes dinos, which would enable people to get back to PVP :twisted:

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#30 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:28 pm

Elusive Pastry wrote:I very much like the idea of some form of egg exchange system.

Literally three quarters of our dinos (not that we have heaps) are purely for egg farming, and I imagine lots of tribes are similar.

This would help far more than the 150 dino limit IMHO (not saying that that isn't also a good idea).

Totally agree on this. Like I said in an earlier post, even if you just have one male and one-two females for egg purposes of select species, it adds up and becomes a situation for most tribes where that is the majority of their dinos. I'm all for a dino cap, especially if there is a public egg farm that is perhaps admin owned/controlled. Also happy to donate our egg dinos for Munki to claim to save other's taming them/munki spawning them in. I would also hope that players would be fair of the system, and considering the eggs are 'public', if someone needs some and the eggs aren't available at the time, they would go to global to see if anyone has spare.