PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Randomly Disconnecting

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: Randomly Disconnecting

Post#11 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:00 pm

Jordan wrote:most big tribes from the island are on the centre now. but its still laggy :/ right after restart its good. but when people start logging on it goes to shit

TheCentre and Scorched Earth are on the Brisbane server, which is a shittier server and the reason why i bought a better one and placed it in Sydney ... as the issues appear to be happening on both its unlikely its the server but the netcode in the game, perhaps has been changed?
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Jordan
Gatherer
Tribe: memes

Post#12 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:13 pm

munki can you maybe set the time out rate a bit higher? means that we will lag a bit but not be disconnected?

at the current way its going i cant play.... dc when im flying. go back to collect my loot. clicking take all lags me out, losing birds every time i leave my base. even when im afk i get kicked..... idk what to do but its unplayable

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#13 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:45 am

Jordan wrote:munki can you maybe set the time out rate a bit higher? means that we will lag a bit but not be disconnected?

at the current way its going i cant play.... dc when im flying. go back to collect my loot. clicking take all lags me out, losing birds every time i leave my base. even when im afk i get kicked..... idk what to do but its unplayable

There is no connection timeout setting, theres an idle setting which is set to 2hrs
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Jordan
Gatherer

Post#14 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:29 am

DrunkMunki wrote:as the issues appear to be happening on both its unlikely its the server but the netcode in the game, perhaps has been changed?

probably, shame the devs don't think fixing the game is a priority. instead they just roll out more content that is useless if you can't even play the game :/

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#15 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:21 pm

i will be rebooting both servers on Tuesday, lets see if this clears up any issue

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#16 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:07 pm

Something has definitely changes as I cannot connect at all now, and no changes on my system. I have validated the cache, checked the mods, ensured everything is updated, yet cannot connect for more than 10 seconds.

I last successfully connected last night, so I don't think anyone has bred a thousand dinos in that time.

Now I average a true connection ping of 31ms so that is not the issue. I have noticed more in game disconnects (cost me a megaladon) over the last few days so I would not be surprised if it isn't patch related.

Recently the game became nvidia enhanced so that will be my next port of call

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#17 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:42 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:I dunno how he lag is on the island but it was atrocious on the center tonight.

Maybe, perhaps... just perhaps... its from people tanking turrets???

It's pretty much all the time.

Jordan
Gatherer

Post#18 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:17 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:i will be rebooting both servers on Tuesday, lets see if this clears up any issue

just tried an official server its the same... disconnect after disconnect, game even crashed a dozen times in 2 hours

I've even tried dead servers (with 0 players) still disconnect

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#19 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:15 pm

Jordan wrote:
DrunkMunki wrote:i will be rebooting both servers on Tuesday, lets see if this clears up any issue

just tried an official server its the same... disconnect after disconnect, game even crashed a dozen times in 2 hours

Might need to validate your Steam cache mate.

My issue was Poop and Egg Collector :mrgreen: had updated. All is forgiven there seeing its the best mod ever

Jordan
Gatherer

Post#20 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:36 pm

DattoSSS wrote:
Jordan wrote:

Might need to validate your Steam cache mate.

My issue was Poop and Egg Collector :mrgreen: had updated. All is forgiven there seeing its the best mod ever

ive done that. ive reinstalled the game a dozen times.... nothing helps