PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Solo raid video

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Solo raid video

Post#1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:01 am

Hey guys,

Our tribe has been away from the island server for nearly 2 months now, I decided to try a very expensive raid technique on one of the alpha bases over the weekend. I have a very poorly edited video for you to watch and see what happened.

Im not the biggest fan of offline raiding but as I am generally playing alone these days it would be impossible for me to do an online raid.

You will probably notice that the front of our base is blown up half way through the video, this was caused by c4 exploding (twice) when picking up c4 that was not placed correctly.

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2DmhBnu6Jg (part one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX2nqCEWY7E (part two)

Buttstuff
Fresh Spawn
Tribe: Ass. of Retired Hobos

Re: Solo raid video

Post#2 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:37 pm

Good video Stick! Good use of Quetz bombing I honestly didn't think it worked on this server due to Dmg increased on flyers and saddle nerfs but you proved that wrong I'm not sure why the turrets didn't shoot off the C4 on all attempts apart from 3rd I heard you say something about the angle? I also noticed some rules have been changed that allowed you to do this alot easier (You are allowed to return to your base for resources and dinos to continue raiding within those 4 hours.) This wasn't the case just only few weeks back, hope you had fun and enjoy the loot!

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#3 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 pm

It really depends on the placement of the c4, if the c4 is placed too far up the neck of the Quetzal the turrets can see it and shoot it. if the c4 is placed on the belly of the quetzal tthe turrets cannot see the c4.

Yes, Munki only recently changed the raid rules to allow players to spawn back at base, this would have made it impossible to do without the new rules.

I dont want anyone to see how "easy" this was as it was a complete waste of dinos and c4. this raid took 10 quetzals out which had been highly leveled in speed along with 1k c4 and 200 rockets. The Quetzals also had mc saddles which cost around 5k in pearls to make one!

Im sure this will never be repeated again.I have now left the server and wont be back until the wipe.

d3p014
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Gypsy Roamers

Post#4 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:02 am

Thanks for the videos mate, was a fun watch :D