PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

The horror of V256

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

The horror of V256

Post#1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:01 pm

:shock:

Flyer Nerf!

A long time in the making, air combat is now being brought in-line with overall nerfs to things such as health, weight, speed, and stamina.
Stamina: across the board 50% decrease to base stamina (not including moth) and per-level stamina increase amount.
Increased stamina recovery time for flyers.
Don't allow the recovery stamina in the air if creature is being ridden or if a player is standing on it.
No speed upgrade. This clears the existing level-up speed stats and gives the levels back to you to spend elsewhere.
Full notes for this coming shortly.

Vault health and physical size has been decreased

Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Re: The horror of V256

Post#2 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:10 pm

To be fair flyers needed a nerf. its kinda crazy with my argie i can nearly do a lap of the centre map without stopping for stam

d3p014
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Gypsy Roamers

Post#3 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:47 pm

more like the hurrah of V256! lol

Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Post#4 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:21 pm

Though the speed nerf is overkill

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#5 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:29 pm

RIP Ark, you were nice while you lasted.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#6 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:32 pm

Ragnarok wrote:RIP Ark, you were nice while you lasted.

im sure things will be changed when people complain
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Ragnarok
Veteran

Post#7 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:36 pm

They probably will but this is classic game development these days. They have social media available they could start polling people asking if they want these things instead of just being ruthless and completely nerfing one of the greatest things in the game. They needed to nerf flyers, it's too easy to pick someone off a giga or rex how it was but that could have been done by making it so players couldn't be picked off of dinos, it would have been a far better solution than making every bird slower than a snail imo.
DrunkMunki wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:RIP Ark, you were nice while you lasted.

im sure things will be changed when people complain

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#8 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:20 pm

I jumped on for a quick couple of hours tonight. Pre patch my Quetz could circumnavigate Redwoods twice before I had to stop for stamina. Tonight I had to land prior to arriving at Redwoods.

The game is time intensive enough, without half the time now being consumed travelling.

As I said on the Survive The Ark forums a game is meant to be entertainment, not a second job.

I will feed my dinos, feed my turrets, and wait until they reverse this.

If they don't reverse it, I will be pulling the pin. Not a salty spur of the moment decision, I have enjoyed Ark immensely. I just can't justify the amount of time the game will require to play.

Ace_Ackbar
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#9 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:41 am

I'm actually super happy about the nerfs. I found flyers broke the game in a way (for my own enjoyment anyways).

What's that? You have a Ptera? You can fly form one side of the map to the other in under 2 minutes without any chance of death? BORING. That same Ptera can make it impossible to be hit by plant X while draining them? BORING. That Ptera can even zoom past turrets and not be affected? LAME!

I know this change isn't for everyone, and I do feel for you people - honestly and sincerely. But for me this has made the game that much more exciting and fun. The fliers are far from useless, but they're certainly not the most useful things anymore. Might even encourage more player interaction with all the land dinos! :D

~Ace

Ragnarok
Veteran

Post#10 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:28 am

Fair enough if you like it everyone's entitled to an opinion even if it's the wrong one :P
I don't really agree with your assessment though. If you weren't careful with a ptera you would kill it on turrets. And nothing is touching a good rex for a trip around the island, let alone a giga. However I think it's reasonable to not want to have to walk for 15 minutes to get to the other side of the map if you want to scout something out. That makes things a 30 minute round trip and the way land dinos still glitch on everything means this patch wasn't nearly ready.
Ace_Ackbar wrote:I'm actually super happy about the nerfs. I found flyers broke the game in a way (for my own enjoyment anyways).

What's that? You have a Ptera? You can fly form one side of the map to the other in under 2 minutes without any chance of death? BORING. That same Ptera can make it impossible to be hit by plant X while draining them? BORING. That Ptera can even zoom past turrets and not be affected? LAME!