PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Farewell for now from DattoSSS. I'll be back!

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Farewell for now from DattoSSS. I'll be back!

Post#1 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:53 pm

It's time I take a holiday from the game. I want to assure everyone this is only because of my busy real life, and not solely because of the flyer nerf. The nerf merely made me realise that my personal situation isn't particularly suited to protracted PvP survival gaming. For those that don't know, I have a full time professional career which sees me working 10-12 hours a day, 10 days a fortnight, with shiftwork, including working one weekend in two (nail-biting stuff when you cant log on to Ark on a weekend).

I have enjoyed Ark immensely, having played it since it came out in June 2015. The depth and complexity is compelling and the freedom of base design and construction is awesome.

I wasn't always solo,I was in a tribe who collected one stone at a time for nights on end on official servers to build a large base. Then as more dinos were tame-able our 5 person tribe grew to over 30 with a huge base and some real risk to the alpha tribe. I then left the tribe and went solo due to the time investment required to run such a large tribe, and I never looked back. I strongly recommend solo play to everyone. Eventually, our official server was login blocked by an asian tribe and wiped completely overnight, so my original tribe and I took a short holiday then started on Munki's server (the \o/ tribe).

Eventually the game took it's toll on all my tribe mates, their busy lives took them away from gaming. I was lucky as gaming suited me at the time.

However it's time to take a break. Not deleting it, I will return as I have done a lot of research and I consider Munki's server to be the best in Australia. The game just requires more from me than I can give at the moment. If Munki sets up a PvE server that I can play on casually, I will be there in a heartbeat.

I'd like to thank Munki for his time and friendship, I enjoyed our chats and interactions.

To all of you if you have the time to do it, stick with this game and this server. You will only be looking for more if you leave.

This is the ultimate server to regroup and ride out the flyer nerf and future patches.

I wish you all the best for the future.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Re: Farewell for now from DattoSSS. I'll be back!

Post#2 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Sorry to see you go mate, you were always dropping the truth bombs down on the forum. However ark gets under your skins so I definitely think you'll be back soon enough :P.

Ironweight
Survivor
Tribe: Savage Goons

Post#3 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:30 pm

I'm sure you'll be back lad. By the way, they are making a v2 of the flyer nerf to tweak it.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#4 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:01 pm

DontLeave.jpeg
DontLeave.jpeg (39.31 KiB) Viewed 6178 times
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Nitephyre
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Crucifier

Post#5 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:37 pm

I know how you feel... I took a 6-8mth break and only came back coz Scorched Earth was on sale and I felt like a fresh start. I should've stuck with PlayArk ages ago, but eh, things happen and such. Enjoy the break :)

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor

Post#6 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:16 pm

Ragnarok wrote:Sorry to see you go mate, you were always dropping the truth bombs down on the forum. However ark gets under your skins so I definitely think you'll be back soon enough :P.

I'll still be around mate, plenty more bombs to drop :mrgreen:

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor

Post#7 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:20 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:DontLeave.jpeg

That's just awkward lol