PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Building in Ark

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
CremeFraiche
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Cr3me

Building in Ark

Post#1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Does anyone else here absolutely despise the building in Ark?? I love ark and I love building, for me the game is so much more fun when I can get creative with the building. But there is a few things that make me want to smash my freaking mouse whenever I build in Ark and it really REALLY gets to me.
One thing I can't understand though... Whenever I watch any of the youtube dudes building their shit, yes they sometimes have a snap point issue, but they have nowhere near as many issues as I do when I place shit. Why is this? I duck, I crawl, I jump, I stand on my head on top of my argy, I use Q, I let it sit on the one snap point for 30 seconds, I demolish things nearby to reduce the amount of available (wrong) snap points, I have tried everything under the bloody Ark sun and yet whenever I hit that damn 'place' button it jumps to the wrong one. Argh I could smash my screen just thinking about it now.
I'm back on after here after a brief hiatus and starting my build again but don't know if I can go through the frustrations of soooo many wasted resources and all the time spent literally just harvesting to make up for the misplaced objects.

Anyone else in this boat? Or am I just overreacting?
2016 Ark Hide and Seek Champion

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Re: Building in Ark

Post#2 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:15 pm

CremeFraiche wrote:Does anyone else here absolutely despise the building in Ark?? I love ark and I love building, for me the game is so much more fun when I can get creative with the building. But there is a few things that make me want to smash my freaking mouse whenever I build in Ark and it really REALLY gets to me.
One thing I can't understand though... Whenever I watch any of the youtube dudes building their shit, yes they sometimes have a snap point issue, but they have nowhere near as many issues as I do when I place shit. Why is this? I duck, I crawl, I jump, I stand on my head on top of my argy, I use Q, I let it sit on the one snap point for 30 seconds, I demolish things nearby to reduce the amount of available (wrong) snap points, I have tried everything under the bloody Ark sun and yet whenever I hit that damn 'place' button it jumps to the wrong one. Argh I could smash my screen just thinking about it now.
I'm back on after here after a brief hiatus and starting my build again but don't know if I can go through the frustrations of soooo many wasted resources and all the time spent literally just harvesting to make up for the misplaced objects.

Anyone else in this boat? Or am I just overreacting?
I find taking your time with S+ usually turns out fine. The other thing you can do is paint things black afterwards and it sort of hides issues lol

CremeFraiche
Dino Tamer

Post#3 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:34 pm

Actually I must admit, having been offline for a few months I haven't got a chance yet to fully experiment with S+, so hopefully this could alleviate some of my frustrations haha.
I guess I'm more referring to when you decide you want to stack triple foundations next to an already existing building and situations like that... and I probably have no right to get frustrated given that situations like that are just plain exploits haha.
Although... the pillars are definitely a pain and that's not an exploit.
I'm going to play around with some S+ tonight and see how I go.

d3p014
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Gypsy Roamers

Post#4 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:47 pm

Do you have anyone else in your tribe CremeFraiche?? you can change the Tribe groups to create a group which can not demolish, this means it can't snap to a point where another foundation already exists and replace it, you will have a much easier time doing stacked foundations/walls etc. Impossible for you to do without a tribemate though.

CremeFraiche
Dino Tamer

Post#5 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:06 pm

Holy shit I did not know this! That's freaking awesome. Thank you so much for that piece of gold!