PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

look what was delivered today :)

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

look what was delivered today :)

Post#1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:18 am

Thank you everyone for all those donations, it has helped me buy 1x SSD.
Was delivered today, aint she a beaut! we're half way there, keep it coming and soon we will have a whole bunch of new servers+games to play :)

new-drive.jpg
new-drive.jpg (59.33 KiB) Viewed 6128 times
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Smurf
Dino Master
Tribe: Tribe of Smurf

Re: look what was delivered today :)

Post#2 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:47 am

When we do launch new servers will some be clustered? really would like to try for a dragon sometime haha.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#3 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:52 am

Congrats Munki, I am sure that whatever servers you configure they will be very popular. Looking forward to starting again! :mrgreen:

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#4 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:11 pm

Good to see Munki!

How about you just run the existing servers on the 2tb drive and get the ball rolling on a wipe! im sure once you have a refresh of faces the donations will start rolling in heavily again!

Sorry I haven't been around to donate much, I just returned back from Thailand and then im off to China next week...the wallets been a tad tight!

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#5 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:25 pm

Stick wrote:Good to see Munki!

How about you just run the existing servers on the 2tb drive and get the ball rolling on a wipe! im sure once you have a refresh of faces the donations will start rolling in heavily again!

Sorry I haven't been around to donate much, I just returned back from Thailand and then im off to China next week...the wallets been a tad tight!

Sorry mate, doesnt work that way,
Raiding 2 drives together destroys all data, to make a kind of "map" so data can be replicated.
so if i use the 2TB drive the other one would be useless in a RAID but if i wanted to use it as a backup drive for the game servers, it would affect game play, as i have tried this before and REALLY makes everything laggy everytime it backs up.
it also costs me $65/hr to be in the DC cause i need one of the DC staff with me (doing nothing... great way to spend my money) while i changed the hardware....
I also noticed 1 RAM module (8GB) has died so i want to replace that too, so wanna do it all in 1 shot.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

CaptainSarge
Gatherer
Tribe:

Post#6 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:09 pm

Nice M2 ssds are alot faster tho but more expensive thats what im doing with next build getting the 1 gbps ones but they cost alot more than the 550mbit ones but cost alot more.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#7 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:49 pm

Awesome to see, congrats Munki :D