PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Tribe limits

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
d3p014
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Gypsy Roamers

Tribe limits

Post#1 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:05 pm

Hey everyone :idea:

A number of players on Munki's servers play solo or in small tribes so you lot will probably strongly disagree with this request but...

I would like to request an increase in the tribe member limit from 6 to 8 and before you all start shouting in protest please hear me out. This would open the floor for some of the solo players to join full tribes and also allow for smaller allied tribes to merge. Having a few extra players will also mean tribes are less affected by inactive/casual members. I'm not asking for a huge increase, I myself wouldn't want the limit to be put above 8 players but I do feel that an increase would be for the better. This would also be greatly beneficial in Boss Fights where the player limit is 10 but we are currently restricted to just over half that number with the current rules. I know tribes have managed to do the fights with a lot less players but the more the merrier right?? and with the Tek cave coming soon even they might need some help..... plus some of us scrubs just aren't that good ;)

+1 for increased Tribe limit

El_Jefe
Dino Tamer
Tribe: CNA

Re: Tribe limits

Post#2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:54 pm

The tribe limit used to be 8 on the island at this time last year, and essentially what happened was that the 8 man tribes absolutely dominated all other players in an incredibly quick and ruthless fashion. I look at how well your tribe has progressed in such a short time compared to how long some of the solos & less experienced 4-5 man tribes have, and I genuinely think more members would make tribes like yours accelerate through the game so fast that you will all lose interest within a month. 8 man tribes could start with a wipe and have Tek within the week, trivialising 75% of game content in the process.

d3p014
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Gypsy Roamers

Post#3 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:05 pm

El_Jefe wrote:The tribe limit used to be 8 on the island at this time last year, and essentially what happened was that the 8 man tribes absolutely dominated all other players in an incredibly quick and ruthless fashion. I look at how well your tribe has progressed in such a short time compared to how long some of the solos & less experienced 4-5 man tribes have, and I genuinely think more members would make tribes like yours accelerate through the game so fast that you will all lose interest within a month. 8 man tribes could start with a wipe and have Tek within the week, trivialising 75% of game content in the process.

Fair point mate, I myself haven't seen tribe limits over 6 on Munki's servers but if its happened before with bad consequences than I can't really argue. I definitely see your point but I would still like to see it happen especially with the new PvP servers being clustered after the next wipe and having ORP2 added.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#4 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:55 pm

for the sake of a counter argument and because I feel the opposite lol...

I think it should be lowered to 4.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#5 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:30 pm

You find on officials a large tribe is tremendous benefit due to harvest capability and shared xp, but the risk is it can also fall apart in the space of a few days destroying months of work (I know first hand). On unofficials with increased harvest and xp rates, it is a regular occurrence that the larger tribes level up super quick, achieve quasi alpha status and hit end game items, and then they generally get bored and implode. We have seen it time and time again, and the banned list contains a number of 'alpha' tribes who went up the ladder so quick they fell off the other end in disgrace.

Ark is a protracted game hungry for your time. I have never enjoyed the game so much as I have when I went solo on Official 142 so long ago, because I can forward plan and my victories are my victories, my failures are my failures. On Munki's server I can level up as quick as I want and design my solo base specifically for speed crafting and defence. In doing so I get to experience every little detail the game has to offer, which I overlooked when I had the big tribe on officials. I will never run a big tribe again, in fact I doubt I will ever tribe up with anyone again.

I personally don't care if tribe limits are lifted completely, but be careful what you wish for as the more tribe members you have the less control you have, and it's your tribe name that gets tarnished.

Personally, I'd like to see a solo only PvP server, this would make the game incredibly balanced and more fun in many ways, relying on alliances to get you through. The forums are full of people wanting 'balance'. In a game as complex as Ark which relies heavily on harvesting, crafting and taming, the 'balance' is in the tribe size. Equity in numbers = balance, so if everyone was solo it is a fair playing field for all, and you get to experience 100% of the game content as well as making alliances work as true alliances.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#6 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:12 pm

DattoSSS wrote:You find on officials a large tribe is tremendous benefit due to harvest capability and shared xp, but the risk is it can also fall apart in the space of a few days destroying months of work (I know first hand). On unofficials with increased harvest and xp rates, it is a regular occurrence that the larger tribes level up super quick, achieve quasi alpha status and hit end game items, and then they generally get bored and implode. We have seen it time and time again, and the banned list contains a number of 'alpha' tribes who went up the ladder so quick they fell off the other end in disgrace.

Ark is a protracted game hungry for your time. I have never enjoyed the game so much as I have when I went solo on Official 142 so long ago, because I can forward plan and my victories are my victories, my failures are my failures. On Munki's server I can level up as quick as I want and design my solo base specifically for speed crafting and defence. In doing so I get to experience every little detail the game has to offer, which I overlooked when I had the big tribe on officials. I will never run a big tribe again, in fact I doubt I will ever tribe up with anyone again.

I personally don't care if tribe limits are lifted completely, but be careful what you wish for as the more tribe members you have the less control you have, and it's your tribe name that gets tarnished.

Personally, I'd like to see a solo only PvP server, this would make the game incredibly balanced and more fun in many ways, relying on alliances to get you through. The forums are full of people wanting 'balance'. In a game as complex as Ark which relies heavily on harvesting, crafting and taming, the 'balance' is in the tribe size. Equity in numbers = balance, so if everyone was solo it is a fair playing field for all, and you get to experience 100% of the game content as well as making alliances work as true alliances.

I can see both sides. I've experienced playing solo, where you at least have the utmost control of your tribe (just you) but are then competing against others with higher numbers than yourself and I've experienced being in larger tribes where I'm usually designated tribe owner due to others not wanting to deal with the politics of the game. I'm also well aware of the issue of having casual players in your tribe (I've been in that position myself when work and other rl commitment get a bit too busy).

In the larger tribes I totally agree, the more players there are, the harder it is to control your own tribe members from 'tarnishing' your name so to speak because you're not on to 'check' them all the time. And when you don't have the time to be on every day this can be an issue with 'damage control' considering the time sink Ark is and how so many people can forget that it's just a game and take things too seriously. In almost all cases where our tribes have hit large numbers (whether I know my tribies in rl or not) things usually start to go pear shaped near the end for one reason or another, especially when I start having less time for the game. It turns into a situation where each time I log on drama has happened between each login that causes problems, and damage control each time you log on kind of drains the fun from the game.

Next time I get more time to start up another session I'll prob play solo or just have "Jesus" in my tribe for some "Holy Builders" action ;) And yes, I would find a solo server very interesting and slightly more balanced. I guess there are pros and cons to both options.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#7 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Builder wrote:It turns into a situation where each time I log on drama has happened between each login that causes problems, and damage control each time you log on kind of drains the fun from the game.

Ahh yes, good times .... i dont miss those!
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#8 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:54 pm

Builder wrote:In almost all cases where our tribes have hit large numbers (whether I know my tribies in rl or not) things usually start to go pear shaped near the end for one reason or another, especially when I start having less time for the game. It turns into a situation where each time I log on drama has happened between each login that causes problems, and damage control each time you log on kind of drains the fun from the game.

How true it is. I can remember in one of the smaller tribes I was in we let in two brothers from Melbourne who played nearly 18 hours a day. We were on official Center 435 and only had a tribe of five including these two blokes, and we had only just taken over some ruins that we were marking out with thatch to eventually build a fortified base. They grinded and grinded and grinded for weeks, with their own crafted smithies, fabby and vaults and we let them do their own thing as they were very helpful to our meagre needs as well. These blokes were A-graders compared to us, and they taught me about playing in single player and designing a base, then blueprinting it to the server. I had a base elsewhere and popped over to the ruins one day on request of my original tribemate and the whole inside had been converted overnight to a mega defended multi honeycombed wall stronghold, I have yet to see anything like it and this was on official vanilla Ark. Inside the core was a series of fabbys and smithys crafting constantly.

The next day, it was all gone. Totally demolished and they had left the tribe. They had built another stronghold in the snow and had moved everything that night, and left our tribe, as they overheard voice chat outside the ruins between alpha members that 'the brothers are in here'. The alpha was VDD at that point, so the brothers left us to avoid us being wiped due to them, it was that close.

They were wiped days later, completely, by a Zerg tribe. So were we, not a single item left at any of our bases after months of building :lol: We never found out their history with VDD or why they were being hunted.
Last edited by DattoSSS on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#9 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:43 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:
Builder wrote:It turns into a situation where each time I log on drama has happened between each login that causes problems, and damage control each time you log on kind of drains the fun from the game.

Ahh yes, good times .... i dont miss those!

XD XD

Nitephyre
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Crucifier

Post#10 » Thu May 04, 2017 3:58 pm

I enjoy playing solo but alliancing. Safer that way :)