PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Tribe limits

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Re: Tribe limits

Post#11 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:23 pm

Nitephyre wrote:I enjoy playing solo but alliancing. Safer that way :)

I disagree entirely, joining tribes up with people can be good or bad. But making an alliance with people unless you seriously know them is a huge huge risk.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#12 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:10 pm

Ragnarok wrote:I disagree entirely, joining tribes up with people can be good or bad. But making an alliance with people unless you seriously know them is a huge huge risk.

Nothing could be truer, blind alliances have resulted in turrets and x plants being drained (non S+) whilst allied, then drop the alliance and raid the base.

Alliance must be true and tested.

Ragnarok
Veteran

Post#13 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:30 pm

DattoSSS wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:I disagree entirely, joining tribes up with people can be good or bad. But making an alliance with people unless you seriously know them is a huge huge risk.

Nothing could be truer, blind alliances have resulted in turrets and x plants being drained (non S+) whilst allied, then drop the alliance and raid the base.

You're literally trusting hundreds of hours worth of work on a base and blueprint farming with an alliance. At least with a new tribe mate you can limit what they can do/access.

Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Post#14 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:34 am

Personally i have been solo since i have started playing this game, though i dont have many hours compared to a lot of people here. I wouldnt actually mind trying to be a tribe but the problem is most tribes are full already. So might be a good chance for people like me to join a tribe.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#15 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:45 pm

DattoSSS wrote:

Aint that the truth. Sadly some people will stoop low enough to do this. Inside raiding and draining shouldn't occur, but does when unfamiliar players are allied to each other and one turns out to have no issues with dirty play.

Nitephyre
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Crucifier

Post#16 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:50 pm

That's why I use tribe governance to lock everything down to me alone. *shrug* I'm nothing like the so-called "power players" here, even though I have over 1,000 hours. I play for fun, not srs bsns.

Ragnarok
Veteran

Post#17 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:59 pm

Nitephyre wrote:That's why I use tribe governance to lock everything down to me alone. *shrug* I'm nothing like the so-called "power players" here, even though I have over 1,000 hours. I play for fun, not srs bsns.
So does pretty much everyone here. But I will say at least for myself I play for fun but part of the fun is the shit talking, suggestions etc.. that comes as part of being apart of a game community. The politics side of the game for me is one of the most fun aspects of the game. In having said that I don't want hundreds of hours worth of play time wiped cause I tribed up with the wrong person or because I allied with the wrong person, if someone gets into my base legit then good on them, if someone raids you because they are in your alliance then they can **** right off.

Nitephyre
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Crucifier

Post#18 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Yeah that'd piss me off too. I'm not to sure where I'm gonna setup post-wipe... decisions :/