PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

New Server Enviroment: Game Types

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Re: New Server Enviroment: Game Types

Post#21 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:31 am

I have read the server configs a few times, and thought about them all and I think a few of us are clinging to the old server rules too much. The PvP cluster is obviously designed for hardcore PvP raiding, thats why the Titan is tameable. This is not the old server which tried to be all things to all people, the PvP cluster will not be for the PvE player who likes the risk of a PvP environment when it suits them. I agree the 50% destruction rule will be hard to stick to, especially if you tamed a Titan and ran across the map, but don't forget ORP2 will be loaded so the chances of you logging on to a smoking heap where your base was, are less. This cluster will have specifically built, small and well defended bases and minimal dinos used solely for raiding and catching drops.

This is a serious PvP server config.
Last edited by DattoSSS on Tue May 09, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#22 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:29 am

Milhouse wrote:As i will be playing on the pvp cluster servers the only thing i can comment on is this:

1. Titansaur taming :( those things are OP and will wreck whole bases with ease.

Titans are op against stone bases with no defenses. Against turrets and a lot of species x they really seem to struggle. Add in that the people will be online from orp2 and the defenders if prepared enough should manage to smash a titan with ease. If one bred giga can kill a titan, two should be able to kill a titan with saddle with no problem. And unless you build a massive shield for it they aren't even really that good at soaking.

Milhouse wrote:3. Plant X and Turret limits. Maybe having a limit for both may make it slightly easier for solo and smaller tribes to raid and when fly or going around the map and get randomly shot down because of 65465156 turrets isnt fun either but thats just my 2cents.

While it's not fun being shot by turrets you didn't see that comes down to your responsibility to know which areas to avoid and to fly high enough that you don't risk being shot. Turrets and species x keep your base safe the idea of limiting them on a pure pvp server that we already know is going to have multiple tribes of people who know how to raid and how to play the game would be pointless, everyone would be raided daily.

Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Post#23 » Tue May 09, 2017 11:00 am

Ragnarok wrote:
Milhouse wrote:As i will be playing on the pvp cluster servers the only thing i can comment on is this:

1. Titansaur taming :( those things are OP and will wreck whole bases with ease.

Titans are op against stone bases with no defenses. Against turrets and a lot of species x they really seem to struggle. Add in that the people will be online from orp2 and the defenders if prepared enough should manage to smash a titan with ease. If one bred giga can kill a titan, two should be able to kill a titan with saddle with no problem. And unless you build a massive shield for it they aren't even really that good at soaking.

Milhouse wrote:3. Plant X and Turret limits. Maybe having a limit for both may make it slightly easier for solo and smaller tribes to raid and when fly or going around the map and get randomly shot down because of 65465156 turrets isnt fun either but thats just my 2cents.

While it's not fun being shot by turrets you didn't see that comes down to your responsibility to know which areas to avoid and to fly high enough that you don't risk being shot. Turrets and species x keep your base safe the idea of limiting them on a pure pvp server that we already know is going to have multiple tribes of people who know how to raid and how to play the game would be pointless, everyone would be raided daily.

Fair points.
I just putting in my 2c haha.
If we can have titans how come we cant have any of the SE dinos. From what i have seen and read that wyverns arnt that good any more(never had one myself) and golems wouldnt they just be as strong as a titan? again SE stuff is completely new to me just wondering what the go is with them

Brettis
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Christie Sims Fanclub

Post#24 » Tue May 09, 2017 11:20 am

only thing i can see i'd like changed is gamma on the pvp cluster, people will still just change gamma in nvidia settings anyway but its much easier if its just enabled ingame

Silversage
Dino Tamer
Tribe: House Stark

Post#25 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:23 pm

3. Plant X and Turret limits. Maybe having a limit for both may make it slightly easier for solo and smaller tribes to raid and when fly or going around the map and get randomly shot down because of 65465156 turrets isnt fun either but thats just my 2cents.
5. Showing players on map kinda kills half the fun of going out and trying to find someone that you want to raid or someone you want to raid back.

There is currently no way to limit Certain structures per player like turrets without using a mod.
And the Show player location on map is too show your own location on the map (ME) not other players.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#26 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:12 pm

DattoSSS wrote:
To keep it fair and succinct, my comments are for the casual whitelisted server only.

1) I forgot to mention before, the reason I suggested allowing flyers to carry dinos is to allow quetz and ankylo/doed mining.
2) Is it possible for a dino cap of 400 be utilised in accordance with vanilla servers?
3) A difficulty of 1 is fine, as anything higher would become a frustration.
4) Cave building: With no structure damage people will be able to block caves off, requiring admin to step in and remove. Would it be better to disallow? This would prevent fast travel beds but thats not such a big issue anyway, caves are not meant to be easy.
5) As there is also a PvE cluster, would it be possible for the whitelisted server to be PvP but with structure damage off, so we can shoot each other at will but no raiding (or PvE with person damage on - I don't know the settings) :mrgreen:

Totally agree with this. Having structure protect on might be a good way to allow for some minor player pvp but not base destruction/raiding when you only have time to log on and have a bit of fun every now and then.Also allows for me to build another arena and host events ;) Essentially:
1) Yes
2) Yes, also not fussed if less.
3) Yes
4) YES
5) YES!

The way I see it: I can play on this server, and if I see a period of time approaching where I can soak more into the game I can jump on over to the pvp server for a bit or get my fix on SoTF.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#27 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:38 pm

OK so here is the perfect white-listed server in my eyes that I'd pay $10 or more a month to play on;

PVP The Island/The Center cluster
Max Player Level = 120
Player Engrams = enough to get all engrams
Show Players on Map = true
Third Person View Enabled
No Cross-hairs
Difficulty set to 5 (default 0)
Allow in cave building
Dinos can carry players
10x Taming Speed
10x Harvest Amount
3x Wild Dino Damage
1x Damage to buildings in Caves
.7x Food Drain (Default is 1)
.7x Water Drain (Default is 1)
1x Player Dino Damage
1x Player Resistance
1x Night Speed
5x Egg Hatch Speed
10x Baby Mature Speed
5x Player XP
4 Players allowed in tribe
Max Structures in Range = 3,000
Gamma Allowed
Titans are non-tamable
Maps ever wipes due to whitelisted
Auto-demolish enabled
Dinos will not auto unclaim
Tame limit 150

Mods;

Current mods + ORP2

Rules;

Same as now minus raid timer and adjusted to make the same tribe un-raid able for another 7-12 days.

In all honesty I need to ask why you would white list a PVE server anyway and what you actual get for you subscription besides the fact that the server never wipes? PVE doesn't need a white-listed community as it is already PVE, very little harm can be done.

I feel the idea behind paying to be white listed is that you get a decent PVP server with an admin, rules that get enforced and the mod that allows you to log on and not have your base gone i.e. ORP2 and finally an environment where only online raids occur. That's what I'd feel make it worth the money.

I am reading a lot about this hardcore new rule set to. I'd say this. Don't throw away what made this community what it is. The rules are the first thing that drew me to munkis servers to begin with and I'm sure it's the same for lots of other players. I for one would not play on the currently proposed PVP cluster due to the wild west nature of the rules. Screw being caged as a hostage for 2 hole days and screw coming back to find 50%ish of my base gone.

And addressing the tame limit request I read somewhere, I feel 400 is way way way too high and if going by the performance of official servers their settings are nothing to go by. 150 is more than enough. 175 max.

Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Post#28 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Silversage wrote:

3. Plant X and Turret limits. Maybe having a limit for both may make it slightly easier for solo and smaller tribes to raid and when fly or going around the map and get randomly shot down because of 65465156 turrets isnt fun either but thats just my 2cents.
5. Showing players on map kinda kills half the fun of going out and trying to find someone that you want to raid or someone you want to raid back.

There is currently no way to limit Certain structures per player like turrets without using a mod.
And the Show player location on map is too show your own location on the map (ME) not other players.

Well now i feel silly :oops: :oops: :oops:

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#29 » Tue May 09, 2017 7:07 pm

King_Kiff wrote:I am reading a lot about this hardcore new rule set to. I'd say this. Don't throw away what made this community what it is. The rules are the first thing that drew me to munkis servers to begin with and I'm sure it's the same for lots of other players. I for one would not play on the currently proposed PVP cluster due to the wild west nature of the rules. Screw being caged as a hostage for 2 hole days and screw coming back to find 50%ish of my base gone.

And addressing the tame limit request I read somewhere, I feel 400 is way way way too high and if going by the performance of official servers their settings are nothing to go by. 150 is more than enough. 175 max.

Just to clarify, i am separating the servers to reduce my workload and focussing more on PvE, the more rules, the more shit i have to deal with.
From what i have seen, there are many PvE players on the PvP server because of the community, an active admin who doesnt abuse privilege, and a fast stable server.

With the original rules, i had alphas reporting alphas, for minor breaches... i had to spend hours investigating, looking at logs, contacting each party to get their side (now times that by 5-10 every few weeks and it adds up, i have a life you know)... the rules were there to protect the smaller players, but i couldn't separate the rules for small vs large tribes as it would be unfair.
So you guys wanted PvP... you got it... rules are there to protect things to a point, ORP2 will protect most, but as with PvP... its a hostile environment, and from what i see PvE allows less overhead for me, friendly environment and gives me more time to do events.

Just remember the only certain thing here is the whitelisted server, the others can be shut down if they arent being used... and i design something else.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#30 » Tue May 09, 2017 7:10 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:
King_Kiff wrote:I am reading a lot about this hardcore new rule set to. I'd say this. Don't throw away what made this community what it is. The rules are the first thing that drew me to munkis servers to begin with and I'm sure it's the same for lots of other players. I for one would not play on the currently proposed PVP cluster due to the wild west nature of the rules. Screw being caged as a hostage for 2 hole days and screw coming back to find 50%ish of my base gone.

Just to clarify, i am separating the servers to reduce my workload and focussing more on PvE, the more rules, the more shit i have to deal with.
From what i have seen, there are many PvE players on the PvP server because of the community, an active admin who doesnt abuse privilege, and a fast stable server.

With the original rules, i had alphas reporting alphas, for minor breaches... i had to spend hours investigating, looking at logs, contacting each party to get their side (now times that by 5-10 every few weeks and it adds up, i have a life you know)... the rules were there to protect the smaller players, but i couldn't separate the rules for small vs large tribes as it would be unfair.
So you guys wanted PvP... you got it... rules are there to protect things to a point, ORP2 will protect most, but as with PvP... its a hostile environment, and from what i see PvE allows less overhead for me, friendly environment and gives me more time to do events.

Just remember the only certain thing here is the whitelisted server, the others can be shut down if they arent being used... and i design something else.

believe me I get that more rules = more shit and I am glad at the recent shift to minimize them. Don't you worry that having so few rules would drive players away in the end as they could never compete in do as you like environment?