PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

New Server Enviroment: Game Types

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: New Server Enviroment: Game Types

Post#31 » Tue May 09, 2017 7:40 pm

King_Kiff wrote:Don't you worry that having so few rules would drive players away in the end as they could never compete in do as you like environment?

You have 3 types of players in this game;
  1. someone who likes the game, wants to tame dinos and survive... but doesnt want to deal with being attacked
  2. someone who likes to strategise and attack others, using each encounter as a learning tool to see how better they can do it
  3. someone who just wants to use the power of numbers to control a server and make everyone do what they want

The rules allow players to experience what they like in limited means, things will adjust, at the moment this is a preliminary, to feel the waters and like every server i run. things will adjust...and adapt to needs and wants.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#32 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:16 pm

Gambit wrote:
Titans are never a good thing; talking from experience it's just shit.
Keep them as massive XP farm.

I mean you can realistically just change computer settings, does the same job; but ingame Gamma is just way better.

Disagree with taming/maturation rates changing, games easy enough :P

Silversage wrote:PVP
Fuck Titans off they are shit.
Enable Gamma (many people hate this off)
Increase taming and maturation rates on PVP, More fun and less of a downer if you get your dino's wiped.

- Titans will not be Tameable, i have thought it over and its not worth the hastle with unintended actions.
- Gamma will be allowed, i have ntoiced a lot of people like it enabled and even though you can still make the changes player side, its probably easier enabling it.
- I am increasing taming rates on PvP servers to encourage people to use them as utilities/disposable.. than as Lassie their favourite dinosaur!
- Breeding and hatching wont be as quick as i want you to work for those if you want special stats.

Silversage wrote:Also Egg and Poop collector seems pretty pointless and a waste of a mod when s+ does exactly the same shit.

- The mod allows for eggs to be collected, which in turn allows people to make kibble... reducing the number of dinos people need.

DattoSSS wrote:I assume it is PvE setting, can you allow flyers to carry dinos please? I realise this allows wilds to be dropped into dino pens but the answer to this is build a bloody roof

- Yes dinos will allow players/dinos to be carried

BobTheBuilder wrote:i like the new mods but the super spyglass it makes perfect tame dinos with correct stats too easy in my opinion.

- ok i will remove it, sometimes people need a challenge.

Builder wrote:Hopefully this isn't a stupid question: but considering the Casual Island server is Whitelisted... does this mean it is pvp or pve? Because at least if players know each other they'd be less likely to abuse each other if it is pvp, and pvp would also allow the freedom of 'events' that can't be done in pve.

- I have decided to make the whitelisted server PvPvE, which allows players and dinos ot be attacked but bases left alone, as with high resource gathering, raiding is kinds of pointless on a server for people who play casually.

Builder wrote:Personally, I would still prefer artifact caves to be left alone or have buildings there take STUPID amounts of damage to avoid people being annoying and blocking the caves off from smaller tribes who just want to login to do a quick cave run for fun (I figure this is what you mean when you say that there will be increased damage there). I'm also aware people can argue that the pvp server will be for tribes out to blast each other so eh, each to their own.

And yeah, even though I know there are the night vision goggles now, I agree with Gambit here that I would prefer gamma to be allowed. I'd still play if it were disabled, but that's my preference. And as for titans... I have mixed feelings on titans lol

Question: any changes on engrams? e.g.; mounted mini gun turrets etc. for the pvp server?

- I agree, people should still be bale to get artifacts, so building in those caves are prohibited, beds and storage are ok, but not bases. plenty of other locations you can build, and this prevents a base from being unraidable.

King_Kiff wrote:-Gamma needs to be enabled on all servers, I will just use my nVidia control panel work around if not
-Carrying dinos needs to be enabled on all servers
-Maturation/breeding/imprinting rates the same as now? slight up on all servers would be great... slight... like 15-20% max.
-PVE difficulty at 1, should be 5, why not have it as hard as possible for the environment challenge
-Flying in caves should be on for at least all the Center servers
-No damage multiplier for building in caves its just not needed
-5x player XP on PVP servers, why make that same grind we all do over and over again any longer
-Smaller tribe limits 4 or 5 max, 8 allows total dominance
-Enforce dino limits to stop the "OMG LAG" after a few weeks
-F the tamable titans right off
-Maybe just maybe extend the 6 month wipe to 8 or 9 months to help build long term player and gain more doantions
-AUTO DEMOLISH like a smart man :)
-I'm a sook but maybe .7 for food and water drain just for ease of life on PVPs
-Allow enough engrams on PVP so that all engrams can be leanred, saved time on needless mind wipes to build one saddle
-whitelisted server being PVE is no good, won't attract players, needs to be PVP

*** the ah 50% base must remain intact rules seems a bit iffy *** Sounds like I could wipe everything and just leave foundations and gates, this is a player base killer.

Is the rules going out the window? Because that simple rules set provided under PVP seems like it goes against the old rules completely. Like the crappy old wild west do what you like servers I started out on (and left for good).
-2 day hostage timer
-no re-raid rules, i.e. endless raids
-all the good rules that protected the community from the BS of the game seem missing

In all honesty the current rule set is fine and dandy like sour candy and needs no changing. Unless its to hard for you to maintain it and enforce it, but maybe we could help with that, recruit some low power mods or something maybe?

I personally would love a white listed PVP the Center server with same mods plus ORP2 mod and no raid timer. Allowing only online raiding to occur. With no wipes of course plus your fee, i'd even pay $7.50-$10 a month.

- Dinos will allow players and dinos to be carried
- Taming may be increased but maturation will still remain low
- PvE difficulty doesnt matter, cause its PvE.
- Flying in caves will be allowed on all servers, cause you wont be allowed to build there (except for beds, storage, bridges...)
- no building in caves....
- I agree, i will make it 4x Player XP
- I agree, i have thought it over and 8 is a bit too high for PvP, and have reduced it to 6
- Yes there will be dino limits implemented, these arent set in stone and may be increased/decreased over time
- Titans wont be tameable
- 6 month wipe is minimum, if server is operating normally i may not wipe, community is usually consulted before that time to see if the server is unbalanced
- yes, ty.. i got lazy and wanted to implement it a while ago.
- yes you are, no change to current values.
- Engrams will be close but you wont learn all on a PvP server, this provides a strategy on what you need to learn, a cost vs benefit ratio.
- whitelisted server will be PvPvE; allowing players to combat but no raiding.

DattoSSS wrote:To keep it fair and succinct, my comments are for the casual whitelisted server only.

1) I forgot to mention before, the reason I suggested allowing flyers to carry dinos is to allow quetz and ankylo/doed mining.
2) Is it possible for a dino cap of 400 be utilised in accordance with vanilla servers?
3) A difficulty of 1 is fine, as anything higher would become a frustration.
4) Cave building: With no structure damage people will be able to block caves off, requiring admin to step in and remove. Would it be better to disallow? This would prevent fast travel beds but thats not such a big issue anyway, caves are not meant to be easy.
5) As there is also a PvE cluster, would it be possible for the whitelisted server to be PvP but with structure damage off, so we can shoot each other at will but no raiding (or PvE with person damage on - I don't know the settings) :mrgreen:

- yes flyers can carry dinos
- cap will be 200-320 but will change depending on community feedback.
- ok
- yes no cave building on caves with artifacts.. others can be built in (with increased damage)
- yes, PvPvE, combat with no structure damage

Smurf wrote:I am Keen on the Whitelist server, Though with it being Non Wipe I think it could be Clustered with SE ( I'd even be willing to pay alittle more for that) to keep thing fresh and offer more challenges/dino's to tame/breed. And if your open to some suggestions on Mods with it being a PVE server can I suggest Castles, Keeps, and Forts Medieval Architecture mod I've been playing with this on my Single player and it really has No limits on the creativity of bases people can design, being as building a base will be one of the most time spent activities on the server.

- AT this stage i may introduce SE, but with so many servers i will see how the dedicated handles everything, but i dont see why not as its a combat only server.
- i am open to mods, keep in mind i try and limit them and dont like ones with large sizes as they take ages to update and some players have issues with large mods.
- I do plan to have a creative server, so people can build... this will come later and be invite only (open to current whitelisted players)

Round 2 .... begin!
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#33 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:18 pm

So far I like the look of the pvp cluster a lot. The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the being allowed to build in artifact caves. Some of them could be made almost impenetrable which i'm not really against but the fact it's going to block off the artifact could be a large cause for concern.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#34 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Round 2 alterations seem pretty good.

I'm torn between being able to raid bases and being raided myself. I kinda of like the idea if raiding and I do it from time to time and it happens to me from time to time. I'd simply be happy with being able to only online raid and try to not blow the living guts out of their base while I'm at it. Of course not everyone builds a base that can be raided with little damage required, some people honeycomb like mad and that = boom. But it is what it is.

I will say this. In a PVP no base raiding situation I'd be pretty open to KOS pretty much anyone lol. Could be interesting. Dino losses would become a regular thing. Could be fun the more I think about it. Like you say raiding for gear seems pointless most of the time and with prizes the love can be spread around. I was the only one that had the ascendant fab sniper bp at 307% damage and everyone wanted it. I'd never leave it at base of course but I understand why people would raid me for it. Spreading the love around reduces that.

If we have no base raiding maybe killing dinos being tamed could be allowed. Babies not inside stables etc.

Anyway, I'm liking what your writing.

Crash
Survivor
Tribe: [Blackwatch]

Post#35 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:02 pm

I'm pretty cool with most of the rules for PVP Cluster with minor suggestions for changes;

1. Re-Raiding Rules
Now that we've switched to ORP instead of weekend raids, I think it actually needs a re-raiding rule more then it did before. The 2 week re-raiding rule allowed tribes to use those two weeks to recover, or alternatively if they were attacked by different tribes each week then they were at least not at risk of being attacked by the same alpha every single week (or, with the case now, as frequent as every couple days).

Even just 1 week no re-raiding would suffice, but the argument that ORP & the keeping of the passives rule is enough now also stands... so while I make this suggestion I'm open to whether a rule is re-implemented or not.

Finally, 50% of base remaining; what's stopping an alpha from repeatedly raiding a base and removing "50%" each time? Currently seems like an extremely easily abused rule and the excuse "there isn't a rule that says I can't" is completely legal with the current rules.

2. Hostage Rule
For starters, 48 hours is a long ass time and basically means no ark for the hostage for 2 entire days if the tribe holding them actually keeps them for the entire time - and this is borderline griefing, particularly if they are solo. The two hour rule we had before seemed enough and unless you're roleplaying or extremely bored, the only real reasons you'd need to cage someone is if you're raiding or getting raided.

I was going to suggest a restriction on when a hostage can be taken AGAIN but that's since been added in Round 2.

Just my thoughts.
Last edited by Crash on Tue May 09, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#36 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:05 pm

OK there are some really good, sound suggestions being fleshed out and I thank Munki for giving us the opportunity to play an active role in what these servers become.

The PvP server is looking bloody good, it's PvP after all. A no holds barred raid fest where the only real difference to officials (apart from the multipliers) is the lack of offline raiding which has always been the thorn in Ark's side. This is what the hard core PvPers have wanted the entire time I have been on the server, so grab it with both hands troops don't be shy. IMHO if you step into the PvP world you are in the wild west. The less rules the better, having cut my teeth in official PvP I think passives should be fair game as are 100% wipes, and no re-raid rule. Lucky I am not setting it up eh :twisted:

The whitelisted server is looking better and better. PvPvE allows me to shoot Builder on sight for suggesting it, then run away into the jungle shrieking like a gibbon whilst he respawns and hunts me down. It will have small issues, I could shoot him then hide in my base untouchable. However I have to come out some time, and thats where the fun should be. With the structure protection 24/7 your biggest time investment, your base, will always be safe as will your precious bred dinos inside. The only risk factor is when you venture out into the big bad world, exactly as it should be for a casual survival player. This server setup is where alliances will be important.

Oh and a big raspberry :lol: to Bob The Builder for smashing my SuperSpyGlass, I suggested it to Munki as it will reduce indiscriminate dino taming which will assist the dino cap. Bob is right though, I suggested it to make life easy - objectively Bob I have to agree with you :mrgreen:

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#37 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:14 pm

What's server cap going to be for PvP Cluster? Either map.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#38 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:31 pm

Gambit wrote:What's server cap going to be for PvP Cluster? Either map.

Lots of discussion around this issue lol. I don't think munki has a firm limit in mind yet, or it would be posted by now. Some want lots, some want less.

Anyway, what Datto said the super spy glass is a small and very good mod, the pro of it far outweighs the millisecond of load time the mod requires. But man I don't think the majority want the servers anything like officials like you are saying. We all moved to unofficials because of the unmitigated cluster fucks that officials are, rule less cesspits. Players won't hang around if getting wiped and having passives killed are a thing and anyone that would want the game like that is already part of an alpha on officials or struggling on officials. But again superspyglass NO#1!!!

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#39 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Gambit wrote:What's server cap going to be for PvP Cluster? Either map.

as in player limits? i will start off at 40 and go from there, due to there being 2-3 maps that pop is spread out over those servers.

Silversage
Dino Tamer
Tribe: House Stark

Post#40 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:43 pm

Start low like 20/30 increase as needed and stop increasing when stability starts to become and issue imo...for server cap