PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

New Server Enviroment: Game Types

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Re: New Server Enviroment: Game Types

Post#61 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:42 pm

Ragnarok wrote:
King_Kiff wrote:I guess you missed that part about full time work. haven't got the hours in the day to spend grinding for turret ammo like others can.

Which is exactly why people want to play on the whitelisted server because they can come home from work and relax with a couple of hours or farming and building. Do you think people want to spend their spare time trapped in their base cause you are outside waiting for them to come out so you can pvp with them. Or when they are in the middle of a metal run do you think with their limited time they want to be constantly on the lookout for players looking to pick and snipe them?

Right so because I can't commit the time to full base wipe PVP I can have no PVP bar silly events? Seems like everyone else needs PVE not me needing to go get wiped...

And what says I'll do hours of camping? Jesus you people take every single comment to the extreme event don't you. That wouldn't be fun even for me and the other player could easily just spawn in another bed leaving me camping nothing... Stop throwing up hypothetical things that haven't been suggested.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#62 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:04 pm

Well, it is what it is. Maybe get Rick to jump on and team up with you on the pvp server if you need some help.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#63 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:21 pm

Builder wrote:Well, it is what it is. Maybe get Rick to jump on and team up with you on the pvp server if you need some help.

He works even more than I do and right now is obsessed with Call of the Wild deer hunting sim. But look this is all pointless in the end. It all boils down to one simple point.

I joined the server(s)/community due to the rules and the settings and the administration. I'm sure many others did for the same reason. All people like myself get in this package is the same administration. I personally LOVE they way things are set up at the very moment.

We don't take to kindly to your kind around here!-you guys

:( Sorry for loving what we had. Well, what we have until the wipe.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#64 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:33 pm

Ok guys this is getting waaaay off topic, so i shall lock it.
Servers change, i know you want something familiar Kiff, but have you seen the server pop with the current rules.
PvP is dead (or dying) everything is so unbalanced, i have been running these servers for years, and was great having 70 people on the server once ... but at this stage i have to prepare for when the game goes retail, there are different players, and they all want different things... and i cant be on 24/7 and its impossible to find someone who wont abuse their power... so i have to make changes to automate more things and split the community so its easier to manage.

Will miss you kiff! but things change! perhaps its time you to find another game.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

PVP Cluster settings

Post#65 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:14 pm

Hey guys,

I missed the first discussion before Munki shut that bad boy down, I just wanted to provide my recommendations for server settings. After all, I am well known for being the best Ark player of all time.

PvP Cluster
Maps: The Island and The Centre - Scorched Earth will not be added due to some dinos being OP on other maps
Mods: ORP2, Egg N Poop Collector / Incubator, Structures Plus (S+), Meat Spoiler, Resource Stacks, Reusable Plus
Stats:
Max Player Level = 120
Tribe Dino Limit = 200
Player Engrams = 80%-90%
Show Players on Map
Third Person View Enabled
No Cross-hairs - Give us some damn cross-hairs, its a PVP must. I understood because of the previous player diversity this wasn't needed, however, given that this is now pure PVP I believe its needed.
Difficulty set to 5 (giving dinos a level of 150)
No In-Cave Buildings with Artifacts
Dinos can carry
20x Taming Speed - This is pretty outrageous, is this based on the new 2x or on the old 1x?
10x Harvest Amount
3x Wild Dino Damage
6x Damage to buildings in Caves
1x Food Drain (Default is 1)
1x Water Drain (Default is 1)
1x Player Dino Damage
1x Player Resistance
1x Night Speed - bring back 2x
5x Egg Hatch Speed
10x Baby Mature Speed
4x Player XP
6 Players allowed in tribe
Max Structures in Range = 3,000 I may be wrong here but isn't the current vanilla setting 10,500? I understand that you can save some structures with S+ but limiting it to 1/3 of the vanilla setting would result in quite small bases being produced.
Gamma Allowed
Titans are NOT tameable
Maps wiped every 6 months I am of the belief that this should be halved at minimum, Ark has changed since its inception and everyone is always looking for a fresh server, I have seen it time and time again where this server starts to take a dive in player numbers around the 2-3 month mark and most of those players who stay are your casuals.
Auto-demolish enabled
Dinos will not auto unclaim, will be killed or wiped at admins discretion.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#66 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:02 pm

topic unlocked, please keep it to the stats please, and its benefit or detriment.
everyone plays differently.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Jaysee
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Belan

Re: PVP Cluster settings

Post#67 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:48 pm

Stick wrote:No Cross-hairs - Give us some damn cross-hairs, its a PVP must. I understood because of the previous player diversity this wasn't needed, however, given that this is now pure PVP I believe its needed.

Personally not really a fan, I feel like it's both lame and lazy having cross-hairs, but it's not that important that I'll fight people on it too much :P

Stick wrote:20x Taming Speed - This is pretty outrageous, is this based on the new 2x or on the old 1x?

Yeah 20 seems overkill, taming a max level Rex in 4 minutes with mutton doesn't seem right. I would say that problems with tame times exist because there is still no method to tame herbivores faster outside of kibble, while we have prime meat and mutton for carnivores. Ark devs need to sort that shit out and bring in a herbivore equivalent to prime meat/mutton, because I understand taming a max level theriz without kibble is a pain, but adjusting the taming rate to 20 makes taming carnivores a joke...

Stick wrote:Max Structures in Range = 3,000 I may be wrong here but isn't the current vanilla setting 10,500? I understand that you can save some structures with S+ but limiting it to 1/3 of the vanilla setting would result in quite small bases being produced.

Did I remember hearing correctly that the ORP allows you to see the number of structures in range so we can at least track our structure count? I know the limit is to stop crazy bases that lag the server, I feel this is only fair, has anyone broken the 3000 limit with reasonable base sizes for it to be a problem?

Stick wrote:Maps wiped every 6 months I am of the belief that this should be halved at minimum, Ark has changed since its inception and everyone is always looking for a fresh server, I have seen it time and time again where this server starts to take a dive in player numbers around the 2-3 month mark and most of those players who stay are your casuals.

Not really a fan of 2-3 month wipes, speaking from some bad luck on servers that a few of us have played on recently, you finally get up to the point of taking on bosses, feel like you have your defenses set up, and then the server is wiped. 2-3 months isn't long enough to really explore the end game and do everything unless you play 24/7 (many of us don't have this sort of time to devote to the game).

Jaysee
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Belan

Post#68 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:00 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:[*]Hostages can be taken for up to 48hours, after that time they must be let go, or killed and cannot be a hostage again for 72hrs.

This seems crazy, surely we can all agree that only a few hours of hostage keeping is fair. With this as it stands, you could theoretically keep someone from playing on this server all weekend long, every single weekend. I feel like some people could abuse this and just ruin the game for casuals/other players to the point where no one sticks around and the server population crumbles. I've definitely seen it on other servers before I was lucky enough to stumble across Munki's, the alpha tribe started locking people up in a prison until they just rerolled on new servers, server died within a week after this and was shut down. Who want's to stick around on a server when you're caged all weekend long? People should only need a couple of hours to raid someone, for which it is understandable to keep someone hostage while you raid them. I know it's a hassle and possible time investment to police shorter hostage windows, but is it just me that sees a problem with this?

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#69 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Jaysee wrote:This seems crazy, surely we can all agree that only a few hours of hostage keeping is fair. With this as it stands, you could theoretically keep someone from playing on this server all weekend long, every single weekend.

I have changed it to 8hours, the reason why its no longer 2 hours, is due to reduced rules, ORP2... this is to encourage their team mates to "save" them .. as thats the point of a hostage... if they just need to wait it out there isnt much benefit to either side apart from griefing.

Smurf
Dino Master
Tribe: Tribe of Smurf

Post#70 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:52 pm

I thought I'd have a dig at the current breeding rates while its still open for discussion, I know your stance on Breeding and how everything must be worked at but would you be willing to consider a lower Breeding time while making imprinting occur more often/less per imprint? That way we still gotta put in the effort to imprint a decent dino just in a tad bit shorter time?